First timers

Hello, so this is something I've wanted to attend for quite some time! As a first timer, is there anything you think I could benefit from knowing? Apart from booking my diamond pass for Paul Wesley, and photoshoot with Daniel Gillies, I've found everything else has been pretty vague with no times for when I should be there, no actual times slotted against the time slots, and no times for the talk. Apologies if i'm being thick but have I missed something?

I'll be there on the Sunday.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Satana, welcome to the forums.  It might be advisable to have a read of the first few pages of this thread, it does get bogged down with chat but it does have a lot of good info 

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The schedule with the photo shoot times will be released about a week before the event so you can look the times of your photo session up when it's published

Test edit

Edited by Raylenth

7 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

Hello, so this is something I've wanted to attend for quite some time! As a first timer, is there anything you think I could benefit from knowing? Apart from booking my diamond pass for Paul Wesley, and photoshoot with Daniel Gillies, I've found everything else has been pretty vague with no times for when I should be there, no actual times slotted against the time slots, and no times for the talk. Apologies if i'm being thick but have I missed something?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Satanajade the schedule for LFCC will be published around a week prior to the event it will detail the timings for the talks and autograph and photo ops

Hope this helps :D

The schedule for photoshoots and talks hasn't been released yet, it should be within the next few days.

Otherwise, wear comfy shoes, bring a mini fan (not a child that thinks your the best, a battery powered fan!! ;)), some water, something for lunch (there's a Tesco across the road and a Sainsbury's down the road) and make a list of when your photoshoots and any talks are when the schedule is released. (I've personally found it helpful to put them into your phone calendar)

And damn you Raylenth, I'm posting this anyways! lol

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

You got it a bit wrong anyway.  Auto times are not listed on the schedule as the guests are signing all day except when in talks/shoots or on breaks.

Haha yeah I realise that now I just wasn’t thinking about what I was typing :P

You guys crack me up...... thank you though! I'm dragging my partner along to everything.. can he wait in queues with me even though he hasn't signed up for autographs and photos?? Is there a time you'd recommend getting there? :)

1 minute ago, Satanajade said:

You guys crack me up...... thank you though! I'm dragging my partner along to everything.. can he wait in queues with me even though he hasn't signed up for autographs and photos?? Is there a time you'd recommend getting there? :)

If you think this is funny wait until you see the general chat :lol:

10 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

Haha yeah I realise that now I just wasn’t thinking about what I was typing :P

No probs, you will get there :lol:

4 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

Autographs, he can if he has a VQ ticket and photos, he might not be able to join you in the queue outside the photo area but you'll have to go into the photo area by yourself unless he has a ticket himself.

Edited by wjbleming

5 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

Sorry for the double quote this thing is being annoying today.  Re queuing, it depends.  For photo shoots he won't be able to join you in the queue without a ticket and certainly not in the actual booth.  He can stand near the queue boundry and by the exit doors though.  For auto's if it's an non VQ guest then he can, if it's a VQ/Diamond guest then only if he has a VQ as well.  He doesn't need to buy anything, but he will need a ticket to be in the queue

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

So the whitelisting didn't even work?

It's an issue I've had on and off for a while and never thought anything of it.  Sometimes it just won't let me edit posts for no obvious reason.  Normally I can, it only happens occasionally.

5 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Autographs, he can if he has a VQ ticket and photos, he might not be able to join you in the queue outside the photo area but you'll have to go into the photo area by yourself unless he has a ticket himself.

Pipped me :P

30 minutes ago, Satanajade said:

Thanks in advance!

This is from a few years ago so some of the info might have changed a wee bit but I found this massively helpful getting my head round lfcc last year as a first-timer:

https://dorgris.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/lfcc-a-beginners-guide/

It explains VQ tickets, Diamond Passes etc but also gives advice on what you might want to bring with you :) and what generally happens with autos and photo ops etc. Hope this is helpful!

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

For auto's if it's an non VQ guest then he can, if it's a VQ/Diamond guest then only if he has a VQ as well.  He doesn't need to buy anything, but he will need a ticket to be in the queue

And you have to wait until the highest number of your tickets is called. For example: You have the DP for Paul, he gets a VQ ticket for Paul. You can join the queue when your DP number is called, but if he wants to join you you'll have to wait till his VQ number is called because it's the highest number.

38 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

Did you buy entry tickets? Because that is the most important thing to know that you need to get ;)

Don't forget your entry tickets otherwise you won't be able to get in.

Photo shoot tickets, diamond passes etc. can't gain you access to the event.  

8 hours ago, Raylenth said:

It's an issue I've had on and off for a while and never thought anything of it.  Sometimes it just won't let me edit posts for no obvious reason.  Normally I can, it only happens occasionally.

Then click the link I sent you. ;) Same reason.

If you want to get an autograph for a guest that you don't have a Diamond Pass, and if that person is on the virtual queue system, you will have to get there early in the morning (before opening time) to ensure you get a low number virtual ticket. Usually people over 25 pounds are on the virtual queue system.