Diamond Pass Guests autograph limits

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Or just have the crew tell them 'come back later' where possible if they have loads and have the power to enforce it by saying to the guest 'please stop signing for this person now'.  Awkward I know but it may be the only way.  You institute rule, people get around them.

Unless you limit there options, which I have seen happening here. There are ways but there is alot of work behind it. The sad part is though is that we will see more of the "Ringo Starr-effect", or like some celebs already do, only personalize signings..which I suspect is not what dealers want.

50 minutes ago, spengler said:

Maybe a blanket "max 2 autos at a time" should be implemented. Not a problem if the guest is quieter, then dealers can go in and out, still giving the fans a chance.

If the guest is busy then to the back of the line and wait your turn like the rest of us.

This would then cause issues for those of us who aren’t dealers but can regularly get more than 2 autos from guests. 5 is a nice number :D

Always thought these events were for the fans. Have noticed more and more especially the last couple of years at Collectormania that more and more dealers are turning up. It should be a strict limit of 5 autographs max as give more people the chance to get signatures.

Let the Dealers make their own arrangements if they want more than 5 autos.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

It was suggested in previous years that maybe there is an hour or whatever in the guests day where they could deal with the dealers, then strictly keep to the 5 max for the rest of the day. Just throwing that one out there!

Problem is that, taking someone like Capaldi as an example, he'll already have 2 hours of photos, an hour for a talk and an hour for lunch.  If you take another hour off for dealers then public signing time starts becoming very limited!

3 minutes ago, bobd_uk said:

Problem is that, taking someone like Capaldi as an example, he'll already have 2 hours of photos, an hour for a talk and an hour for lunch.  If you take another hour off for dealers then public signing time starts becoming very limited!

Like @Iceman71wrote.. they can set something up for themselves. 

1 minute ago, bobd_uk said:

Perhaps let dealers get their autos the hour or 30 min before the con opens in the morning? But then the guests will have to be there earlier.. so probably not..

5 minutes ago, bobd_uk said:

The time could be adjusted for situations like that, but it would be time that would be taken up by the dealers anyway, it would just happen away from the public so people won’t get annoyed standing behind someone with 50 items.

• Like 1

I’ve seen these forum rants about dealers before, as per my previous post - I for one can’t stand the dealers. They remind me of those autograph hunters at premieres pushing fans out of the way to get to the celebrity! 

Thought I’d chime in again for a reality check. The last time I was involved in such a thread the upshot was that SM will not do anything radical about this as they depend upon the dealers attendance at these shows as much as the regular joe public’s attendance.

They are also getting vast quantities of stuff signed so it’s all kerching, whether from my pocket or the dealers.

I’m sorry this is not what a lot of you wanted to hear but I thought I’d let you know the ending of this particular story to save you from raised expectations...

• Like 1