Answers to FAQ

1 hour ago, Alexfenn11 said:

Hello,

tomorrow I have photo shoots with David Tennant TARDIS (Batch 5), Ingrid Oliver (Batch 1) and Arthur Darvill (Batch 9) and they all clash, how should I attempt to get all these photos? 

Thanks

Sorry, your question did get buried because you didn't ask in the schedule topic. Also when you have questions like this please give the times, it takes ages to scan the schedule.

David first, if necessary tell them you have Ingrid. Then go to Ingrid - because Arthur will start with batch 4 at the very best and you have batch 1 for her - and if things get tight tell them you have Arthur.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That won't happen. Guests would stay longer. Even Christopher Lloyd managed. It happened only once and since then all precautions have been taken.

Thanks, that's reassuring. It's going to be crazy tomorrow (especially for Whovians) and it sounds like some guests stayed beyond 6 today, even non-Diamonds.

Hi

We have just arrived in London after a family wedding and realised my partner left his ID at home. Is this likely to be a massive issue? We do have a scanned copy of his ID in our emails as needed it recently. Will this be sufficient do you think? We have photos and talks booked as well as entry obviously. 

(Man, I hope this is my last question.)

I need scissors to cut myself out of my cosplay.  May I bring my scissors into the venue, or will security take them?  (They happen to be a bit pointy.)

(I don't want to be wearing it in all of my photo shoots, which is why the scissors issue has arisen.)

Arrived in London after a hell 9 hour coach ride only to realise I've forgot my doctors letter for the Extra Help wristband, the person coming with me has her docuements so should get hers no bother but I don't know what to do for myself, is there anything that can be done or arranged so I can still get one as well (as it's highly needed for myself) or is it all a lost cause? 

Panicking massively so any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

7 hours ago, Pir8Jenny said:

(Man, I hope this is my last question.)

I need scissors to cut myself out of my cosplay.  May I bring my scissors into the venue, or will security take them?  (They happen to be a bit pointy.)

(I don't want to be wearing it in all of my photo shoots, which is why the scissors issue has arisen.)

Security will take them. I saw them take a pair off somebody on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _ItsWilliam_ said:

Arrived in London after a hell 9 hour coach ride only to realise I've forgot my doctors letter for the Extra Help wristband, the person coming with me has her docuements so should get hers no bother but I don't know what to do for myself, is there anything that can be done or arranged so I can still get one as well (as it's highly needed for myself) or is it all a lost cause? 

Panicking massively so any help from anyone would be much appreciated!

You will be fine. Every special assistance person is allowed a carer so if you don’t have your documents you can be her carer and get your wristband that way. The special assistance guys have been nothing but helpful all weekend

1 hour ago, Stassy said:

I have 6 DP autographs to get today and 5 DP photos.  Are all autographs guaranteed in person?  I'm hoping I can get everything done in 8 hours!

All DP autographs are 100% guaranteed. You WILL get them. It might take all day and long waits in Queues but you will get them

So exhibitors are dealers then? Would they be allowed to push in a queue?

This was the Peter Weller queue in the afternoon, enormously long and being carefully managed but as we got to the paying table these 2 German guys with blue wristbands just pushed in front of us, showing off their wrists as some justification...

17 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Ah yes that might have been it - would that give people priority to push into a queue though, as happened to me on one occasion?

Not the purple ones no. The blue ones will be traders who sadly do get priority and can take many many things up. 

3 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Security will take them. I saw them take a pair off somebody on Friday.

Had my disabled bus pass with me which they accepted, special thank you to staff, so helpful and kind and made me stress free.

EDIT, quoted the wrong post! 

Edited by _ItsWilliam_

26 minutes ago, jammyc1 said:

sorry if asked already - where do diamond pass people collect their mugs/prints etc

There's a table up on the first floor outside the signing area with them all (next to the one selling cardboard tubes and autograph protectors and by one of the stairs)

• Like 1