Answers to FAQ

Thanks for the reply about my idiot move further up the thread.

One more question for this, my first trip to LFCC. And I know it is a piece of string type of thing. What sort of length queues should I expect?

1 - 2 hours to see a major guest? Less? More?

30min - 1 hr to see a minor guest?

The autographs I am most interested in would be Julian Glover, Jewel Staite, Lance Henriksen, Sean Young. I don't think any of these will be on a VQ basis.

I have no frame of reference what I can and can't fit in over the course of my day at LFCC.

3 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

Thanks for the reply about my idiot move further up the thread.

One more question for this, my first trip to LFCC. And I know it is a piece of string type of thing. What sort of length queues should I expect?

1 - 2 hours to see a major guest? Less? More?

30min - 1 hr to see a minor guest?

The autographs I am most interested in would be Julian Glover, Jewel Staite, Lance Henriksen, Sean Young. I don't think any of these will be on a VQ basis.

I have no frame of reference what I can and can't fit in over the course of my day at LFCC.

I would expect Jewel, Lance, and possibly Sean to be on VQs. Julian has been a few times in recent years so he will most likely be ok.

As for time frames, it's hard to say. Especially with the vq system as it'll depend how many go back at what time. Then there are gold pass holders to consider as well.

Edited by Wrong Name

Ah, interesting. So I should be getting VQ tickets wherever possible as soon as I arrive to stand the best chance of success and then try and cover those who aren't on VQ.

So you have no idea what sort of time it might take to queue at all for the non VQ people? I'll take a worst case scenario estimate. An hour?

2 minutes ago, Moonphase said:

Ah, interesting. So I should be getting VQ tickets wherever possible as soon as I arrive to stand the best chance of success and then try and cover those who aren't on VQ.

So you have no idea what sort of time it might take to queue at all for the non VQ people? I'll take a worst case scenario estimate. An hour?

Yes, go and get your VQ's first.

Usually the non VQ's are quicker because there might not be many people queuing for them but it's hard to guess

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Moonphase said:

Yes, always a good idea to get the VQ tickets asap where you can. Remember that guests might not start on them first thing but could be moved onto them if they get busy. Timing wise, I really don't want to guess as every guest is different depending on their signing speed and how many people want to meet them.

I have a question! 

Im coming with a group of people, we all have YALC tickets for Saturday but one of  them (he’s a 12 year old boy) has a normal comic con ticket for Saturday, is it possible for him to enter with us (as he is a child) through the YALC entrance?? 

4 minutes ago, elserin said:

I have a question! 

Im coming with a group of people, we all have YALC tickets for Saturday but one of  them (he’s a 12 year old boy) has a normal comic con ticket for Saturday, is it possible for him to enter with us (as he is a child) through the YALC entrance?? 

I imagine if you explain your situation he should be fine to go with you.

Just for clarification: I will be coming tomorrow and in addition of my entry wristband, I will also need the extra help one and need to collect my diamond pass. Where should I queue tomorrow please? Alos, it starts at 10h00, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Myself205 said:

Just for clarification: I will be coming tomorrow and in addition of my entry wristband, I will also need the extra help one and need to collect my diamond pass. Where should I queue tomorrow please? Alos, it starts at 10h00, doesn't it?

West entrance, Blythe road.  The event opens at 10 but the queueing hall opens at 8

Bit of a random question. I've a vinyl copy of Bat Out Of He'll that I'd like Meat Loaf to sign. It's a new version and the sleeve is quite glossy as opposed to the original plain cardboard type. Has anyone had a similar type of sleeve  autographed and does the marker pen stick? I'd hate for it to smudge or smear or even wipe off!