Answers to FAQ

9 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

I've thought of cosplaying as Red Sonya, as that would be very appropriate for the temperatures inside, but it would be a problem coming on the tube with such a revealing costume!

Flasher coat ;) covers as well as reveals.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Haha 1

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

Main Entrance - Including Pre Paid Tickets / Pay on the day / Disabled / Extra Help and Diamond Pass Collection Is located and accessed via Gate H Entrance and Diamond Pass Collection will be located at the Grand Hall Entrance on Olympia Way (Opposite Kensington Olympia Station)

Hi all,

I've not been to a LFACC before and have a Diamond Pass to collect - this section of the FAQ seems to suggest that there's one main entrance for pre-paid entry tickets and another entrance for collection of Diamond Passes, meaning I'd need to 'do' main entry and then enter again via another entrance to get my Diamond Pass. Am I reading it correctly? Might somebody have a couple of minutes to describe what I should be doing?

Thanks very much!

6 minutes ago, paulvazquez said:

Hi all,

I've not been to a LFACC before and have a Diamond Pass to collect - this section of the FAQ seems to suggest that there's one main entrance for pre-paid entry tickets and another entrance for collection of Diamond Passes, meaning I'd need to 'do' main entry and then enter again via another entrance to get my Diamond Pass. Am I reading it correctly? Might somebody have a couple of minutes to describe what I should be doing?

Thanks very much!

Last year, there was a diamond pass pick up point in the main general queuing hall. There is a separate entrance for those with gold passes, but not diamonds. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

You don't have to pick up DPs when you go in.  For example, I'm going on Friday and have a DP for a Sat/Sun guest.  I'll go and get my VTs, etc. and pick up the DP later in the day when it is quieter.  (Of course, if you have a photoshoot at 9.30am for a DP guest I wouldn't advise that!).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, paulvazquez said:

Hi all,

Thanks very much!

It's a typo, it's meant to say 'Gold Pass Collection will be located at the Grand Hall Entrance on Olympia Way (Opposite Kensington Olympia Station)' 

• Like 1

Update on pick up for Gold and Diamond Passes coming shortly. ;)

Changing rooms will be available for all cosplayers, the rooms will have mirrors.

24 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's a typo, it's meant to say 'Gold Pass Collection will be located at the Grand Hall Entrance on Olympia Way (Opposite Kensington Olympia Station)' 

It's not a typo. I just like typing stuff twice in the wrong places. :P

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ah ha! Thanks very much for confirming, I thought it sounded a little odd!

3 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Update on pick up for Gold and Diamond Passes coming shortly. ;)

Changing rooms will be available for all cosplayers, the rooms will have mirrors.

It's not a typo. I just like typing stuff twice in the wrong places. :P

Apologies Queen, I was assuming

1 minute ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Hello everyone,
I have a question: Can I get the photoshoot tickets at the venue instead of the shop? I mean, if I order them I'm afraid that there will be not enough time to get them via airmail. Thanks!

They are etickets Starfigher, so you get them instantly via email and in your Eventbite account, you print it off and give the paper ticket to be scanned or present the ticket on your phone.  But yes, you can buy at the venue at the sales desk or online up to 15 minutes before the shoot starts as long as it's not sold out.

20 minutes ago, TheLastStarfighter said:

Raylenth, thank you for the info, didn't knew that you can print it off, thought it was supposed to be sent only via airmail. Thanks a lot!

That's OK, It's been etickets for about 3 years now.

Just now, Chunkymonkey_86 said:

Are we allowed to bring drinks in.? Will be bringing my 10 month old and he will need his milk 

Yes, we brought water in last year so I doubt bringing milk in for your wee baba would be an issue at all, Chunky. :smile:

17 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Yes, we brought water in last year so I doubt bringing milk in for your wee baba would be an issue at all, Chunky. :smile:

I got excited after drinks..but after 10 months it slide off me.. not that type of drinks then.. :(

Hi just a quick question please...

I have Disabilities and have already applied for Accessibility which I do every year. However, this year they have changed it and now people with Disabilities still have to get a VQ ticket for Autos with the guests that are VQ. This is fair enough but,  I will not be able to get to guests “quickly” to obtain the VQ early as other able bodied people will. 

I always buy Diamond Passes for the DP guests I would like to meet anyway so they aren’t an issue. What is the issue is for those guests that aren’t DP but, may well still need a VQ for? I was wondering if there is any information on which guests are likely to need a VQ but are not Diamond Pass people? 

The Autographs for people I would like are...

Saturday...

Noel Clarke

Ingrid Oliver 

Tim McInnerny 

Sunday...

Paul Kaye

The most expensive Auto for the above guests is £20 and the others are £15. Do you think the above guests are likely to be VQ people? 

As I said I always buy Diamond Passes for the Diamond Pass guests I would like to meet. I understand that having the DP is the only guaranteed way of securing their Auto. I also always buy Diamond Passes for those guests because of my Disabilities knowing I can’t stand that long (I do have a seat on my Walker) and it means I don’t have to “rush” etc.. However, with the new rules it means that I can’t plan as I usually do because I don’t know if I’m going to be able to secure VQ Tickets for the non DP guests. I’ve been to LFCC a few times and their Accessibility Policy is second to none but, with the new rules it makes it very difficult for the likes of me who has mobility issues. I understand that they give out “Carer” tickets and that means a lot of people will have able bodied people with them to “run” (so to speak) to get any VQ tickets required but, I’ve never accessed that facility because the person I go with also goes to “enjoy” the Con and they too have Mobility and pain issues. This means neither of us can quickly get up to where the guests are. There are not many lifts in the Olympia and they are not the best but that’s a different story :rolleyes:

Anyway my issue is would it be possible to have a “heads up” on which guests are likely to be VQ for Autographs please? Do you think the guests I’m mentioned above are likely to be VQ guests?

thanks for all your help I really appreciate it :rolleyes:

IMO the 15 pounds guests will almost certainly not be on the VQ system, and the same is likely for the 20 pounds guests. So I think you will be fine. (Another factor is whether these people are frequent signers; if they aren't more people will want to see them which will make them more likely to be VQ, but I have no idea if they've signed before or not).

Edited by whitewillow

Noel and Tim are likely to be on the VQ system as they are only there for a day and are going to be popular with the amount of other same show guests.  Tim is not a frequent signer.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1