Answers to FAQ

42 minutes ago, chewer said:

Very helpful information. I have a question that I can't find info on. Can someone please help?I have a capaldi diamond pass but am only attending Sunday. if my autograph batch was called on the Saturday, can I still use this on the Sunday? I've never done a diamond before and this is the first year I can't do all weekend. Same for diamond photoshoot as well please. Thank you.

For photos you can join the queue anytime after your DP number has been called, but only on the day you choose to have your photo when you bought the pass. DP guests usually have two photo sessions during the day. See the schedule when it is posted here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

For photos you can join the queue anytime after your DP number has been called, but only on the day you choose to have your photo when you bought the pass. DP guests usually have two photo sessions during the day. See the schedule when it is posted here.

Missed that bit, thanks Viking

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chewer said:

Very helpful information. I have a question that I can't find info on. Can someone please help?I have a capaldi diamond pass but am only attending Sunday. if my autograph batch was called on the Saturday, can I still use this on the Sunday? I've never done a diamond before and this is the first year I can't do all weekend. Same for diamond photoshoot as well please. Thank you.

The autograph is not a problem. Same as VQ ticket, anytime after your number has been called.

However, the photos are day specific. The others ignored the Saturday/Sunday part. Later same day: not an issue. But: If you turn up with a Saturday selection on Sunday you have a problem. Did you select Saturday or Sunday upon checkout? 

EDITED FOR CONFIRMATION: Diamond Passes which have selected Saturday photos will not be allowed to go on Sunday. Both days are almost sold out. Contacting the store will not help, they will not change the day for you. 

Edited by Queen_Sindel

4 hours ago, Tom Beaker said:

Hi, I appreciate that perhaps the Mods cannot answer this directly, but is this definitely going to be case this year and can this actually be extended to 10 minutes before general admission?

I posted the info I have. This was run by the office. I can't and won't give any guarantees beyond that. We had way too many visitors argueing and twisting our words 'but the mods said' in the past years.

The points you brought up were all raised and discussed after the last show and the office is aware of them. That's all I can and will say.

3 hours ago, charliechuck71 said:

great job Queen_Sindel! just waiting patiently now for the photoshoot times on saturday for Nick Castle, so that i can plan my trip from Scotland. ;)

Every time someone asks the release is pushed back by an hour, with extra time added if it's for a specific guest.

Now everyone say 'thank you Charlie!' :P

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Every time someone asks the release is pushed back by an hour, with extra time added if it's for a specific guest.

In his defence Charlie didn't actually ask for it or ask when it's coming, he just stated he's waiting for it.  A technicality yes, but people get off from murder on technicalities so it counts :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

your welcome pal, i just love keeping the showmasters mods on their toes! see you in London! ;-)

23 minutes ago, LadyDeTemps said:

I noticed you say there is a cloakroom for bags. Is there a changing area for cosplayers or is it a case of annoying everyone by changing in the toilets? ;)

The cloakrooms are run by the venue, so that's a different Thing.

I don't have info on cosplay changing facilities at the Moment, but I am trying to find out.

1 hour ago, LadyDeTemps said:

I noticed you say there is a cloakroom for bags. Is there a changing area for cosplayers or is it a case of annoying everyone by changing in the toilets? ;)

46 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The cloakrooms are run by the venue, so that's a different Thing.

I don't have info on cosplay changing facilities at the Moment, but I am trying to find out.

It says on the website .....................................:lol:

Seriously though it does say there's a cosplay changing room on the website http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/zones/cosplay-zone  Scroll down to the 3rd picture and on the left it mentions it in Cosplay Facilities.

1 minute ago, LadyDeTemps said:

Thanks. So definitely for everyone not just those in the cosplay competition?

My cosplay has so many layers I'm likely to melt on the tube so it would be handy to change at the venue. 

It's not specified that it's only for those in the competition, so I would say no. Everyone can use them. But I only have the info on the Website, so I can't give definite guarantees.

33 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

That's what I get for not Double checking...

I know it's there because I've answered the question quite a lot for people on Facebook.  Same with a lot of it really, in directing people where to find the info I did end up reading the pages god help me :lol:

1 hour ago, LadyDeTemps said:

Thanks. So definitely for everyone not just those in the cosplay competition?

My cosplay has so many layers I'm likely to melt on the tube so it would be handy to change at the venue. 

If you're likely to melt on the tube you're likely to melt inside the Olympia. It can get very hot when it is so crowded, and there's only so much air conditioning can do.

4 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

If you're likely to melt on the tube you're likely to melt inside the Olympia. It can get very hot when it is so crowded, and there's only so much air conditioning can do.

I want to wear it for photos. Then I have a cooler option to change into. 

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

And some functioning gills would help as well.

True.. I would not mind it. Not as things are now. Would not mind moving into the ocean. Honesty..I have seen bad forest fires but I am actually getting concerned..

Well, back to topic.