Gold Pass £10 Autograph Vouchers

I've just been re-reading the inclusions with the Gold Pass and it states about 2 autograph vouchers for guests charging £10. It also states that the guests we can use these vouchers against will be "selected by Showmasters around 2 weeks prior to the event." At the current moment there are 14 guests (according to the Guests Days and Prices Thread) who are charging £10 for autographs, 8 of which are from Star Wars, 2 from Thunderbirds, 1 from Aliens, 1 from Doctor Who, 1 from Blackadder and 1 from Wonder Woman. Obviously this is a very limited amount of guests at the moment, especially for those who aren't a fan of Star Wars. When will Showmasters post  which guests are included in the use of the vouchers? And is there no chance of using the vouchers for guests who charge more than £10? With such a limited selection of guests it is highly likely a lot of Gold Pass holders wont need/want autographs from any of the options, which seems a waste of £20 that we have spent towards our Gold pass. Personally, the only guest I would have been interested in is Bonnie Langford, but I met her two years ago at LFCC and used one of my vouchers on her then.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

You have never been able to use them in part payment for more expensive guests I'm afraid.

Yes I know.

This year especially there are an extremely limited amount of guests to choose from, so surely it should be taken it to consideration for the future if the number of £10 guests are going to continue to decrease. With it being one of the perks of a Gold Pass it seems silly to not be able to use them because I don't like 5 shows/films that are represented by guests charging £10.

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There is definitely no chance that the vouchers can used for more expensive guests, sorry. 14 is actually a pretty good number, there's been other events where the vouchers could be used on a way smaller number of guests.

When you take in to account 8 are from Star Wars, it's not really.

16 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

trust me you are lucky :P i remember a year when i think i only had about 5 to choose from lol. 14 is luxury!!

That's the one I was referring to. ;) The numbers change over the years. 2014 it may have been 30, but I think 2016 it were the 5 smithy mentioned. 

The decreasing the price is brought pretty much after every event when the selection of guests covered doesn't really match the interest of an attendee. But SM have decided against it as you see.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, walker-within said:

I'd rather they were just taken off the pass and the overall pass fee decreased to be honest. 

As you said in a previous post, they are 'perks' of buying the Gold Pass. They're basically free gifts, like the prop shoot voucher, not the main thing you are getting when you buy the Pass.

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

As you said in a previous post, they are 'perks' of buying the Gold Pass. They're basically free gifts, like the prop shoot voucher, not the main thing you are getting when you buy the Pass.

Wouldn't really say it's a free gift being as it's included in the package. A free gift would be getting something that wasn't included, as I wasn't expecting it when I paid for the pass.

Anyway thanks for the somewhat helpful response.

Maybe SM should run a feedback system amongst those who buy Gold passes to see what they think should and shouldn't be included, so then they can see what the consumer wants. I'm not saying everyone would agree with me, but for a fairly expensive pass, I'd expect SM would appreciate feedback from those using it. 

Also, my other question in the original post hasn't been answered. When will SM post which guests they have selected? Or are we just to assume it is all of the guests that are charging £10, as per previous years.

Queen won't have that info Walker and as it's the weekend she won't get a reply in the next day.

Personally I'd imagine you will be able to use it on any of them but as you say hopefully they will post an official answer for you soon.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Queen won't have that info Walker and as it's the weekend she won't get a reply in the next day.

Personally I'd imagine you will be able to use it on any of them but as you say hopefully they will post an official answer for you soon.

Okay, thanks for the response.

10 hours ago, walker-within said:

Also, my other question in the original post hasn't been answered. When will SM post which guests they have selected? Or are we just to assume it is all of the guests that are charging £10, as per previous years.

Any limitations would be given in the store. There was one year where there was a limit on Saturday guests. But that was the only one I remember.

Actually there was one year when we were allowed to use the vouchers for a more expensive autograph - the last year we has photoshoot vouchers for £10 instead of the talk vouchers which I never have time to use .

I really like the idea of a Gold pass feedback survey

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

There won't be a list, I am not sure where that misunderstanding comes from. 

And yes, homerj is right - one year the "upgrade" was allowed because the number of 10 Pounds guests was really too limited.

It says it in the Gold Pass info on the ticket page Queen:  2 x Autograph Vouchers to be redeemed against guests selected by Showmasters around 2 weeks prior to the event.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, walker-within said:

Wouldn't really say it's a free gift being as it's included in the package. A free gift would be getting something that wasn't included, as I wasn't expecting it when I paid for the pass.

Anyway thanks for the somewhat helpful response.

Maybe SM should run a feedback system amongst those who buy Gold passes to see what they think should and shouldn't be included, so then they can see what the consumer wants. I'm not saying everyone would agree with me, but for a fairly expensive pass, I'd expect SM would appreciate feedback from those using it. 

to be fair, SM have listened to us about the gold pass in the past :P we have slowly improved it! when i first got it, it included 2 £15 photoshoots... when we pointed out that limited us to a choice of i think only 3 or 4 guests, they did actually change it to the 2 diamond pass talks!

and the goodie bag... a bit of a running joke amongst LFCC regulars :P i remember a year one of the contents we all got was a Tamagotchi where the batteries in them had exploded. :P having said that last year we had a thread about things we wanted to see in the goodie bag, we kept it constructive over negative and there was some improvement. Suddenly we saw content like LFCC merch like pens, post it notes, a portable water bottle, some sweets... some things con goers can actually make use of!

so don't give up hope :) keep up with feedback, but keep it constructive without moaning and they do listen :) maybe also try and suggest helpful alternatives they can have.

my suggestion, raise the autos to £15 value... really does add in a lot more variety in a world where across all events companies guests are getting more expensive

8 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

to be fair, SM have listened to us about the gold pass in the past :P we have slowly improved it! when i first got it, it included 2 £15 photoshoots... when we pointed out that limited us to a choice of i think only 3 or 4 guests, they did actually change it to the 2 diamond pass talks!

and the goodie bag... a bit of a running joke amongst LFCC regulars :P i remember a year one of the contents we all got was a Tamagotchi where the batteries in them had exploded. :P having said that last year we had a thread about things we wanted to see in the goodie bag, we kept it constructive over negative and there was some improvement. Suddenly we saw content like LFCC merch like pens, post it notes, a portable water bottle, some sweets... some things con goers can actually make use of!

so don't give up hope :) keep up with feedback, but keep it constructive without moaning and they do listen :) maybe also try and suggest helpful alternatives they can have.

my suggestion, raise the autos to £15 value... really does add in a lot more variety in a world where across all events companies guests are getting more expensive

last year got lfcc pen and a drinking pouch, which i still use the pouch but my wife also got a "men's sport protector box" in her bag which was from the film "heat" which unsurprisingly has never been used.

• Haha 1