LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - AIDAN TURNER

God Damn you LFCC, don't know how you would manage to get a plenty of good guests this year. I'm so frustrated that I would either take the chance or not due to money like what happened when I decided not to get Benedict Cumberbatch because I didn't have much money at the time. As I got a job and determined to save money, I would have more the chance on getting to meet the guests I want. I just bought 4 Diamond passes in this year's LFCC, all Game of Thrones, and I'm still not sure buying another Diamond Pass after I got the recent Pass.

Shall I ditch it for another time like I did with Benedict Cumberbatch or take it? I am asking your advice please.

7 hours ago, riderj123 said:

God Damn you LFCC, don't know how you would manage to get a plenty of good guests this year. I'm so frustrated that I would either take the chance or not due to money like what happened when I decided not to get Benedict Cumberbatch because I didn't have much money at the time. As I got a job and determined to save money, I would have more the chance on getting to meet the guests I want. I just bought 4 Diamond passes in this year's LFCC, all Game of Thrones, and I'm still not sure buying another Diamond Pass after I got the recent Pass.

Shall I ditch it for another time like I did with Benedict Cumberbatch or take it? I am asking your advice please.

Who are you thinking to buy a DP for? If i may ask. If it's someone you really want - go for it.

13 hours ago, Mayhem said:

Pity he’s Sunday only, but a great announcement!

13 hours ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

O

M

G

I SCREAMED! And then I saw Sunday only. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

13 hours ago, LadyDeTemps said:

Shame only Sunday. I could have thrown together my demelza cosplay.

He's in theatre at the moment so can't attend Friday and Saturday

7 hours ago, riderj123 said:

Only you can decide Rider, people have managed to get single day diamond guests on a VQ before and there's few people who would be Cumberbusy.  But at the end of the day we can't predict how it will go on the day and it depends on how much you want him.

14 hours ago, beate said:

YES! This will be a perfect weekend. Saturday evening I will see him on stage and Sunday at the convention.

That's great, you can tell him that you saw the play and how you liked it. A friend of mine is seeing him on stage on the Thursday.

• Like 1

Now that Grace Park has cancelled, I may just be able to afford Aidan. I would prefer an autograph, but since he is a Diamond guest I'm afraid I may not be able to get to him in time. So maybe a photo shoot would be safer? What do you think? Any advice?

Just now, whitewillow said:

Now that Grace Park has cancelled, I may just be able to afford Aidan. I would prefer an autograph, but since he is a Diamond guest I'm afraid I may not be able to get to him in time. So maybe a photo shoot would be safer? What do you think? Any advice?

Get a VQ ticket as soon as possible if you want his auto, or ask a diamond pass holder to get one for you, on the other hand a photo is making sure you meet him. Your choice, which do you want more? A photo or a an autograph? 

8 hours ago, riderj123 said:

Of course the decision is ultimately yours to make, but I think the fact that he's only there one day is important to consider. It was mentioned earlier that his photo ops as of last night were already at batch 4 so that's a good indicator that he's going to be very popular. If you're able to get there early and manage a low VQ ticket then there is a chance of course, but as was advised in another thread, think how you might feel if you missed meeting him. If it's "gutted" then personally I would play it safe and get a DP for him. Just my perspective though :)

As I said above, day people are often still doable on VQ even being Diamonds.  I think Aidan will be gettable on a VQ but as always it's totally impossible to say how many he will get through or if you will manage to get one low enough to see him.  It will probably be fine but it's up to you to decide.  If you buy the photo you know you will get that and then you can try on the VQ, but if you desperately want both then it's worth considering the Diamond for the security.

Just remember that 4 batches (I know he will probably sell more) won't take long to get through so it's not like he's going to be Cumberbatch level of photoshoot time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitewillow said:

That's great, you can tell him that you saw the play and how you liked it. A friend of mine is seeing him on stage on the Thursday.

Just managed to get a ticket to see him on Friday evening.  this is going to be an awesome weekend

Booked a photo shoot! 

I would have preferred an autograph, but decided to go for the sure thing because last year Alan Tudyk was a Diamond guest and I wasn't able to get to him on the Friday, despite queuing at 8am. Alan was there all weekend and I was able to get his autograph later, but Aidan will only be there 1 day. So decided not to risk it. If he comes another year, I will try for an autograph then. At least now I am secure with my photo shoot. So excited! Thanks for the advice everyone!

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Where the h*ll did you get that pic of me from? :P

haha if you are secretly Aidan Turner then here is my 150 DP money :D:poki:

4 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Nah.

;) 

WHAT :poki: hes a fine looking man best birthday present to myself ever :dance:

• Haha 1

Well I'm amazed nobody has posted anything here yet.

With the busier guests, there's always the risk of them coming off as blunt and occasionally (unfortunate but true) a little moody. Understandable given the sheer volume of people they have to get through during the day- it's stressful just being in the queue, I can't imagine what it's like for the guest to go through an endless factory line of fans all day! So with this in mind I was a little anxious about meeting Aidan, since I knew he was going to be right up there with some of the busiest names. 
I was so incredibly relieved to see that he was smiling nonstop, he looked and sounded genuinely pleased to be there! If he was faking it, he was doing an excellent job and that just shows his skill as an actor! I told him I loved him most as Mitchell in Being Human and he seemed really happy to talk about that for a bit- chatting obviously had to be kept to a minimum but he was still greeting everybody with eye contact and a big grin which was more than enough for me. Before I left his autograph area I quickly said all of this to him, how I appreciated that he must have been very overwhelmed and that he was doing an amazing job of powering through and that he has the most contagious smile and he thanked me for that and shook my hand. 

All in all, Aidan did not disappoint! He was sweet and energetic and under the circumstances he seemed to be the happiest he could be! So glad to have finally met him as he's been a huge favourite of mine for years and I never actually thought I'd get the chance to meet him!

• Like 2