Have I bought too many photoshoots?

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

It's not that there's no such thing as a clash, it's just that most of the issues people were describing as 'clashes' were really no problem at all. People were panicking they would miss things - and the word 'overlap' is so much less scary than 'clash'.

Two 5 minute shoots at the same time in photoshoot areas at different ends of the hall? That's a clash. A short shoot slap bang in the middle of a talk you've paid for? Clash. Two 45 minute shoots where one finishes 20 minutes after the other? Overlap.

That's kinda what I'm implying and have been on the edge of experiencing when I only had 4 photoshoots at Birmingham, so you can understand my concern.

23 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

yesjacknicholson.gif

That is why princess and not queen. ;)

There can be only one Queen

19 minutes ago, Hawkman40 said:

You say "overlaps" , but some 30 min sessions are at exactly the same time as each other, and if you're at the back of the queue and spend 29 mins before your shot, I would say in retrospect that it "clashed" with the other photo session I couldn't get to. :rolleyes: Anyway I feel reassured by you guys that I'm not gonna miss any and you've answered my question great!

Sod's law it will happen to you again but chances are it won't

17 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

IF two with exact same time you just go to one, explain the situation with the pit boss and they fix it for you, usually by putting you early in the queue. Then you can go to next. Last year I had two 10 min overlapping one 30 minutes one..I fixed it with grand help of pit bosses

Yup, you have the advantage of having the schedule in time so if there is an issue just speak to the crew on the shoot you need to do first in plenty of time, show them your ticket for the other shoot and they will do what they can

12 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It's not that there's no such thing as a clash, it's just that most of the issues people were describing as 'clashes' were really no problem at all. People were panicking they would miss things - and the word 'overlap' is so much less scary than 'clash'.

Two 5 minute shoots at the same time in photoshoot areas at different ends of the hall? That's a clash. A short shoot slap bang in the middle of a talk you've paid for? Clash. Two 45 minute shoots where one finishes 20 minutes after the other? Overlap.

This.  People were going with clash which is a much scarier word, implying impossibilities and total nightmares so we are slowly training people to use overlaps instead

Edited by Raylenth

16 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well I can guarantee you David Duchovny won't have a 5 Minute photosession. ;) It will be close to impossible to miss that one. What other guests do you have tickets for if I may ask?

Dare I guess 2x40 min Sat and Sun?

33 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Well I can guarantee you David Duchovny won't have a 5 Minute photosession. ;) It will be close to impossible to miss that one. What other guests do you have tickets for if I may ask?

Bo, Luke, Daisy Duke separately, The General Lee group, Mathew Modine, Lance Henrikson and David Duchovny, but I suppose it's also the issue of spending time queuing up for autographs, and now with the 7pm announcement of hopefully Gillian Anderson,......hmmm another question - if they announce her and there is the option of a group shot, I guess I can't swap my Mulder photo session for the group now can I? If they do announce Gillian, it will be bitter sweet as Showmasters should have announced together.

1 minute ago, Hawkman40 said:

Bo, Luke, Daisy Duke separately, The General Lee group, Mathew Modine, Lance Henrikson and David Duchovny, but I suppose it's also the issue of spending time queuing up for autographs, and now with the 7pm announcement of hopefully Gillian Anderson,......hmmm another question - if they announce her and there is the option of a group shot, I guess I can't swap my Mulder photo session for the group now can I? If they do announce Gillian, it will be bitter sweet as Showmasters should have announced together.

This is just a general answer to upgrades, if a group shot is announced and you have a solo ticket email the shop and ask, it's not impossible but they have the final word

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

If it's a really bad clash and it's impossible to go to all photoshoots, I think you can get a refund. First year I came I had a clash between a photoshoot and a talk and I got a refund on the talk.

Yeah, if you have an impossibility between paid activities make sure you go and speak to the sales desk in good time, they may be able to swap an activity if it's possible or offer a refund for one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

oh don't be so sure, i knew croatia would win

I'm agreeing, I'm saying lots of people thought England would loose, I guess my post can be read both ways :lol:

Edited by Raylenth
  • Sad 1

Back in 2015 I must have had 12 photos for that weekend and that was the year of madness! It is possible to get them all you just have to plan them out when the schedule comes up. My tip for you is if you have a clash decide on two things, one who you want the most, the other it depends how popular they are, if they are going to be popular do that one last as they will still be taking photoshoots. Always tell crew members in red shirts you have a clash before hand so they'll try and make it easier for you, remember they can only do there best as they are human like us!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I'm agreeing, I'm saying lots of people thought England would loose, I guess my post can be read both ways :lol:

I know you’re agreeing with me I meant to quote your post and hawkmans post about nobody thinking England would lose, no offence to England but everyone here in Scotland was hoping you’d lose 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

I know you’re agreeing with me I meant to quote your post and hawkmans post about nobody thinking England would lose, no offence to England but everyone here in Scotland was hoping you’d lose 

Pfft, you love us really. 55% of you anyway.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

Sorry weren’t you the one that said you’re gonna meet Peter Capaldi even though you don’t like Scottish people, because last time I checked he is Scottish 

No, silly, I said my Mum doesn't like Scottish people. I don't like Welsh people.