How to know that which guests will and won't do selfies.

1 hour ago, Lawrance said:

Ok so what about these guys

Answer yes or no for each guest.

You're out of luck with definite answers there. There simply are None. Things can Change throughout the Weekend, throughout the day even.

A couple of years ago one of the guests was happily doing table Pictures, but then had a Family emergency and was absent most of the day. That created Long lines, table Pictures were stopped. They were very apologetic about it, but of Course Family emergency is Family emergency.

A day later Things were more quiet. They saw me Walking past and actually called me over to get a table pic because I had been the first one to miss out the day before.

4 minutes ago, conjunkie87 said:

What's the chance of Daniel Gillies doing selfies? (Paul Wesley I know will be very unlikely to, but Daniel I'm not sure...)

If we say yes everybody will get their hopes up. If we say no, and then he does people will get disappointed as they missed it. So like with everybody nobody knows. Just have to wait and see, previous posts are a good guide what might or might not happen. Basically, expect nothing and hope for the best.

Edited by Chris1970

4 minutes ago, conjunkie87 said:

Hmm, ok thanks... i would only come to LFCC if he allows selfies so I guess the best bet for me is to wait and see what people post on the Saturday then and work out if its worth the risk on Sunday ;) x

If he do or dont do selfies can change from day to day as well as change during the day. If you really want a photo with him I would recomend buying a photo shoot ticket.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

If he do or dont do selfies can change from day to day as well as change during the day. If you really want a photo with him I would recomend buying a photo shoot ticket.

Yeah this makes it tricky - I have many professional photographs with him from other cons so was just intrigued by the selfies but all good I think LFCC maybe just isnt the right con for me :) But thanks all for your replies, appreciated.

14 minutes ago, conjunkie87 said:

Hmm, ok thanks... i would only come to LFCC if he allows selfies so I guess the best bet for me is to wait and see what people post on the Saturday then and work out if its worth the risk on Sunday ;) x

Remember there is an existing risk that entry ticket could be sold out if you want to go on Sunday, unless of course you already have one.

2 minutes ago, Lawrance said:

What perks do you get with a Gold Pass?

From Eventbrite:

There are many advantages to being a Gold Pass holder, which will make your visit to our events even more enjoyable!

This gold pass includes: Entry to the show for all opening days. This will mean shorter queues at the entrance and early entry to the event (5 minutes). As you do not need virtual queuing tickets* you will not need to queue from early in the morning to guarantee meeting your favourite guests.

Talk Tickets Gold pass holders will have designated complimentary seats at all free and paid for talks taking place during show open hours with the exception of Diamond Pass Guest Talks, Promotional/Event Exclusive talks and sponsored talks (We may have to exclude for film promotion purposes or other reasons). Priority seating will also be given to Gold Pass holders to enter the seating area before the main queue. (In situations where the talk is part of a Diamond Pass package you will be located behind the Diamond Pass holders.)

The Gold Pass includes 2 x Diamond Pass Talks of your choice up to the value of £30 each. Whilst stocks last.

Autograph Priority Gold Pass Holders will have the advantage of being ABLE TO JOIN THE BACK OF ANY REGULAR QUEUE WITHOUT HAVING A VIRTUAL QUEUING TICKET! This will cut down your overall waiting time incredibly, and allows a great deal more to be done over the weekend. Please be aware however, that for Diamond Pass Guests you will require a VQ ticket if that guest does a signing session outside of the designated Diamond Packages (We will add an autograph price to the guest announcement where this is applicable). 2 x Autograph Vouchers to be redeemed against guests selected by Showmasters around 2 weeks prior to the event. These guests will be attending the event on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and will be charging £10 per signature at the event to non-gold pass holders, and to any Gold Pass holders choosing to purchase additional autographs from said guests. Please note: Autographs are not included in the gold pass and will need to be purchased separately on the day at the event (with the exception of your 2 free autographs detailed above).

Photo Session Priority Gold Pass Holders will be given priority queuing at the photo sessions! This means you will either be called up first if you arrive at the beginning of the photo session, or will be able to join the back of a smaller queue if the photo session is being called up in batches. (You will be located behind the Diamond Pass Holders for any purchased photo sessions with Diamond Pass Guests).

1 x £10 prop shoot is included within the Gold Pass. (Please note: photo sessions tickets with guests are not included in the Gold Pass. These can be purchased online)

THERE IS A LIMITED NUMBER OF GOLD PASSES AVAILABLE

Your E-ticket for your Gold Pass will be sent via e-mail, which you will then exchange at the event for your wristband. Wristbands MUST BE WORN FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOW! If you purchase a gold pass you agree to wear the wristband as your proof of purchase. These Gold Passes are not available to dealers, only to the public. We reserve the right to refuse sale to anyone. Gold Passes are not guest specific (refunds can not be offered if the guest line-up changes), are non refundable and non transferable. Gold Pass price does not include the cost of the autographs bought on the day. If you do not wish to purchase a gold pass, admission is available by individual entry tickets.

:smile:

32 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

The words I lived by in my college years :D 

Words hardly invented while I was in college. The era of Overhead projectors, banda machines and working those slides until you had nightmares about them.

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Words hardly invented while I was in college. The era of Overhead projectors, banda machines and working those slides until you had nightmares about them.

Yeah, the Industrial revolution was something ;) 

From my experiences and observations, guests posing for, or allowing, photos usually depends on their prices. The higher the price, the less likely one can take photos.

Here's a list of what to expect, based on my own experiences:

£10 - Will most likely pose for photos

£15-25  - Possibility of No Posed Photos at the beginning, or later on. Small chance of No Photos

£30-50 - Most likely No Posed Photos. Possibility of No Photos

£50+ - Most likely No Photos

Also, ones I know are likely, based on my experiences/observations at past Showmasters Events over the last few years:

Likely to pose for photos:

Colin Baker

Daniel Naprous

Likely to be No Posed Photos:

David Bradley

Gail Kim

Paul McGann

Peter Mayhew

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Also, ones I know are likely, based on my experiences/observations at past Showmasters Events over the last few years:

Likely to pose for photos:

Colin Baker

Daniel Naprous

Likely to be No Posed Photos:

David Bradley

Gail Kim

Paul McGann

Peter Mayhew

I know things can change per con, and even during the same convention, but just as an fyi, I saw David Bradley doing some posed photos last year (not sure what his sign said). That was also when he was only there one day, and only got through 60 or so VQ tickets. Then again he's a diamond guest this year! I know it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, just thought i'd share.

Edited by tenaciouspirit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tenaciouspirit said:

I know things can change per con, and even during the same convention, but just as an fyi, I saw David Bradley doing some posed photos last year (not sure what his sign said). That was also when he was only there one day, and only got through 60 or so VQ tickets. Then again he's a diamond guest this year! I know it means nothing in the grand scheme of things, just thought i'd share.

There was a No Posed Photos sign between him and the guest next to him when I got to meet him so I assumed he started posing for photos then later became No Posed Photos.

2 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

There was a No Posed Photos sign between him and the guest next to him when I got to meet him so I assumed he started posing for photos then later became No Posed Photos.

That assumption is correct. It was done in an effort to try and make things go more fast.