How to know that which guests will and won't do selfies.

There are usually 3 types of photo levels for guests at the signing tables, and the appropriate signs should be up for each guest.  ‘No Photos’ means no taking any photos of any kind. ‘No Posed Photos’ means you can take pictures of the guest from the queue or signing your objects, but they will not pose for selfies or anything. If they do not have a sign up then they should be good for any photos but it’s always best to ask.

If you want to know in advance, it's pretty much guess work. In general, the busier the guest, the less likely they are to do selfies, but this doesn't always hold true. Things can also change during the show. Someone may be doing selfies on Friday, but not on Saturday, or could even start/stop doing them during the day depending on how they are feeling. 

14 minutes ago, youell said:

I found last year that anyone over £15 for an autograph wouldn't allow selfies, which is the rule of thumb I go by

Even then there is exception to the rules such as Matt Lucas (who was £40) and a few others

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Yeah some you still can, it depends on the guest, the day and how busy they are

Or sometimes for some reason they may decide to make an exception - like for a Special Cosplay Outfit they really like or something like that.

Post removed. Guys, please stop bringing this urban legend about the crew being evil and refusing photos whenever they feel like it on purpose. The reasons have been explained countless times. I am sorry if you don't agree with them, but this still doesn't change the fact that the mods will have to remove your posts. Newbies may actually believe this.

4 minutes ago, Lawrance said:

Ok, Thank You to all, it's just so that I know to have a photo sesh with them instead, E.g Jason Mamoa, Christopher Ecclestion, Megan Fox Etc. :)

I have no ties to SM, but I can 100% guarantee you that those three will not do selfies!

6 minutes ago, bobd_uk said:

I have no ties to SM, but I can 100% guarantee you that those three will not do selfies!

I'm volunteering for SM and I can only agree, Jason Momoa *may* sneak one in on occassion if the line allows, and that is unlikely at that point. But Megan and Christopher are a definite no. Christopher is a one day guest on top of that.

Ok so what about these guys

Answer yes or no for each guest.

David Duchovny

Val Kilmer

Tom Welling

Peter Capaldi

Meat Loaf

James Caan

Arthur Darvill

Miranda Richardson

Noel Clarke

Ray Fisher

Nathalie Emmanuel

Iwan Rheon

Isaac Hempstead Wright

David Bradley

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor

Rory McCann

Pearl Mackie

Ray Park

Katie Leung

Jimmy Vee

Lucy Davies

Vladimir Furdik

Eugene Brave Rock

Colin Baker

Bonnie Langford

Jack O'Halloran

Sarah Douglas

Peter Mayhew

Ken Colley

Matthew Wood

Devon Murray

Sorry if it's all pressurising, just thought I know incase that I do need to buy a photo session as megan and christopher are a definate know. :)

There's no way to tell for certain Lawrence, you are just going to have to see on the day, but if it's Saturday assume all top names won't be doing them.  If you don't want to risk not getting one, you will have to buy photo shoots.  We can't say 100% either way for most people.  As Queen said even people who aren't dong them may do an occasional one.

The smaller guests are possible

Edited by Raylenth

14 minutes ago, Lawrance said:

Answer yes or no for each guest.

It's more a case of 'definitely not'; 'almost certainly not'; 'probably not'; 'I doubt it'; 'maybe'; 'quite possibly'; 'could well do'; 'probably'; 'I would have thought so'. 

• Like 1