What time are you queuing on Friday?

There is already a similar topic discussing this. It is always an idea to browse the forum before starting a new thread just in case. It can get quite messy this close to the con and it’s best to keep the clutter to a minimum.

7 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

There is already a similar topic discussing this. It is always an idea to browse the forum before starting a new thread just in case. It can get quite messy this close to the con and it’s best to keep the clutter to a minimum.

I have had a look through that post and yes it similar but, not the “same” I wasn’t aware that there was a similar topic. However, just curious that’s all and wanted to see what people were doing each day for various queues and also if the transport and road closures would be hindering their plans? I don’t see it as “clutter” especially as there are a few other “similar” topics happening on the forum. If you do see it as clutter that I apologise and won’t keep it!

I don’t see it as clutter no and there is no need to apologise or use quote marks I’m not a mod I’m just trying to be helpful. Believe me these forums do get cluttered very quickly with similar questions and posts getting made over and over. Just trying to politely point out the other thread in case you had missed it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I don’t see it as clutter no and there is no need to apologise or use quote marks I’m not a mod I’m just trying to be helpful. Believe me these forums do get cluttered very quickly with similar questions and posts getting made over and over. Just trying to politely point out the other thread in case you had missed it.

I had missed it yes and I do appreciate you pointing it out. However, as I said it’s similar not the same. I wasn’t using quotations to be facetious just to actually quote. I didn’t see it as clutter but, you said that it was hence the quotations. Anyway no harm no foul. Thanks anyway :rolleyes:

Generally speaking the mods would probably merge it with the other thread as it is similar enough, the questions could have been added as an extension of the other thread (Not criticising, just adding context to why Rav said what he did)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Generally speaking the mods would probably merge it with the other thread as it is similar enough, the questions could have been added as an extension of the other thread (Not criticising, just adding context to why Rav said what he did)

I do understand it’s just for example people have asked questions about topics that could have been asked in the FAQ thread but, have not been told they are cluttering up the forum. There is about 3 topics that all cover similar things like Pass pickup days and points. It’s ok I’m not taking offence lol. 

Unfortunely I don’t know how to delete the thread I’m sorry. If someone could either do it for me or please tell me how I do it?

I have copied my original question and I will put it in the thread I was told about but sadly didn’t realise it was there. :rolleyes:

Leave it here Fan, the mods may merge it anyway, no point posting twice

Only mods can delete.  Sometimes a thread may stay open until the mods see it (They aren't on here all day) and either merge it or lock it - you can see some have been locked.

Edited by Raylenth

I opened up a different thread with the questions below because I wasn’t aware that this topic already existed :rolleyes: So I have copied and pasted it if that’s ok?

Hi everyone,

just wanting to know what time will everyone start queuing?

obvisously there are many very popular guests going to the event this year (as there is every year) so what time do you recommend people queue?

the doors don’t open for collecting (in my case) Extra Help Wrist Bands at West Olympia Entrance until 8am on the Friday. It opens at 7am Saturday and 7.30am Sunday but, obviously people like to get in the queues early to be able to get their favourite guests VQ tickets as early as possible. As this year even those who require Extra Help and have registered for the relevant wrist bands still need to collect VQ tickets for Autos; I imagine that queue is also going to be busy. This means that there will be queues outside well before the time the doors/Gate H opens on each of the days. Just curious what plans people have for getting into the queues prior to Gate H/West Olympia Entrance opening?

if you are a YALC attendee what time does that queue generally start? 

Last year I think I was in the Extra Help queue around 7.30 each morning and there was already plenty of people in the general queue. This year however, it seems Extra Help will be entering the building through a different entrance (close to Gate H). Also with the Friday starting later it means the doors to collect passes/entrance tickets will also be opening later.

if you are one of the people who like to get there early what’s your motivation for doing so? Do you make friends in the queue? How do you get to the event that early because transport isn’t the best if it’s super early? I will be getting a Cab from Kings Cross to the Olympia each morning 

ive also seen a thread saying the overground isn’t running that weekend (don’t know the details I could be wrong) will this hamper anyone’s plans for getting to the event early? Also I’m hoping as it’s the London Bile Ride over that weekend the road closures are after I’ve already arrived at the Olympia.

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Leave it here Fan, the mods may merge it anyway, no point posting twice

Only mods can delete.  Sometimes a thread may stay open until the mods see it (They aren't on here all day) and either merge it or lock it - you can see some have been locked.

I’d already done it before I got your reply lol... The mods are very good and have merged the two :rolleyes: 

very good indeed :rolleyes:

• Like 1