General Lee

Without offending anyone, can anyone confirm that the General Lee is an authentic one? 

Knowing the controversy surrounding the 'Flag' on the roof, i would hate for it to be just a Dodge Charger painted orange!

In my opinion this would spoil the Hazard shoot, if it were the case

Authentic as in used in the show - I really don't know. There are not that many left and I have no idea if one made it to the UK.

However, I am aware of at least one replica in Europe *with* the flag on the roof. I am not aware that this replica has been changed.

This "flag issue" never was a that big controversy in Europe unless I completely missed it.

As someone who has been to locations used for filming in the first couple of seasons of the show, and seen the GL car owned by Ben Jones (Cooter), almost all the cars used in the show (over 300) were destroyed in the process, mostly from the stunts heh. There’s very few actual “were used in filming” vehicles left out there, let alone any in complete condition.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lois Lawson said:

I meant authentic as in the 'flag on the roof' sense, not necessarily a show one, i'll just have to wait and see :mellow:

Well, someone must have booked the car for the lfcc, they might know.

9 hours ago, Dukedwarfer said:

I had a General Lee for my wedding car!  I found the company through Showmasters so it might be the same car! But it did have the flag on it!!

Did you wear 'Daisy Dukes' on the big day?