FENELLA FIELDING PASSED AWAY

• Showmasters Admin

By QS:

The office asked me to put a note up. Seeing we already had some posts in the Guest Announcement Topic I will edit this one.

Unfortunately we have received news today that Fenella Fielding OBE passed away. 

One of the great Ladies of British film has left us. Our thoughts are with her family and friends. We will all miss her and she will always have a special place in our hearts.

fenella-fielding-1.jpg

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• 2 months later...

Sadly, it has been reported on her website, https://www.fenellafielding.com

It's hard to imagine, but that bright twinkling star faded slowly and has actually gone out. Since her stroke on 25th August, Fenella has been in hospital where she remained calm, comfortable and divine throughout. It's been an incredibly sad time, but also life affirming to see her pass with the great dignity she deserved. To quote Fenella's GP, "I have known her for 30 years and she would wish to take a graceful bow and leave the stage like the lady she is." She did just that.

Fenella Fielding OBE passed away this afternoon peacefully. She died with her eyelashes on! Miss Fielding was an incredible talent. That voice! A unique woman, much loved by family, friends and fans. She will be missed tremendously.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Peter said:

Sadly, it has been reported on her website, https://www.fenellafielding.com

It's hard to imagine, but that bright twinkling star faded slowly and has actually gone out. Since her stroke on 25th August, Fenella has been in hospital where she remained calm, comfortable and divine throughout. It's been an incredibly sad time, but also life affirming to see her pass with the great dignity she deserved. To quote Fenella's GP, "I have known her for 30 years and she would wish to take a graceful bow and leave the stage like the lady she is." She did just that.

Fenella Fielding OBE passed away this afternoon peacefully. She died with her eyelashes on! Miss Fielding was an incredible talent. That voice! A unique woman, much loved by family, friends and fans. She will be missed tremendously.

May she rest in peace. Carry On Screaming is one of my favourites, and her performance was a large reason for that.

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1