Good event again today

MVronsky78

Thanks to SM for a good event today. I expect there'll be some nay-sayers but I thought both the Tom Baker autograph and photoshoot queues were tightly controlled and organised very well, although I was done by 2.30pm so didn't see how the last hour or so went.  I met Sylvia Sims as well as Tom, quite a character!

Hopefully some newcomers to the Film Fair will be tempted to come again :D

• Like 1

Yep totally agree a very easy going day, the guests were great chatting away, Joanna Lee (First Time Signer) was fantastic and apparently grew up not far from me, it was nice to chat to her. also Yasuko Nagazumoi was very chatty telling me her ex husband had the same name as me... Tom Baker was cool, its always a pleasure to see him. He is such a Legend and really the only Doctor Who for me. Sylvia Syms was also great in the photo shoots squeezing ya.. lol. And to wrap it up having a very Hot Photographer too... ;) Wow she was Hot. A great Day out and Bumping into SM Crew. These smaller shows are so much better than the massive ones I think. Well must Plod along got another 60 Photo shoots to start booking ;)

• Like 1

Yes Joanna Lee seemed very nice, bit of a shame I'm not much of a Bond fan!  Agree on Tom Baker, my childhood doctor and the one man for me who truly embodies the part -  on screen and off!

And yes, good to see SM embracing and encouraging more female photographers!

The queuing for the photos was a bit confused at first but it got organized once the someone realised that the queues had got a bit mushed together. Took a bit of hollering from the stewards /crewbut it was soon running smoothly. (It would be nice to have a queue here for.... sign at the area to avoid confusion in future.)

I got my two photos. Also got both autographs (tom & louise) even with a pretty high VQ. And the stewards/crew were all helpful.  

• Like 1

Smooth event for me. I went for Rosalind Knight to get an image from Only Fools and Horses - The Jolly Boys Outing signed and Carolyn Seymour for her roles in Star Trek. Both were really nice and I was able to be done just after 11am.

Rosalind didn't arrive until just after 10:30am and staff said that she had arrived early. There didn't appear to be any mention of her being at the show for set hours so not sure if that was missed or not.

I thought it was a great event. I only went to meet Carloyn Seymour and Tom Baker and neither guest disappointed.   Ive been to a ton of conventions, and Carolyn was a real standout guest for me, had plenty of time to discuss things Steptoe and Son related. I don't think I need to say anything about Tom, an all time legend.

Things got a bit crazy around the time of Tom's photo sessions, but the crew got on top of it, especially with the volume of people and relatively confined space of the venue.  They did a great job with what was available to them.

Have to agree with all above. As a first timer to this event I really enjoyed it. Tom was hilarious and such a gentleman. Rosalind Knight was a sweetheart and couldn’t be more chatty. I got some really interesting background stories on the carry on films. Same with the bond people. Loved the cosplayers. You could tell that this wasn’t the type of event that the cosplayers would normally attend but that made it all the more fun. Special shout out’s to both the the girl on the Tom Baker auto queue (pink/salmon top) great job done, and the purple hair girl on controlling the photoshoot queues. All in all, a great day, and I’ll definitely be attending the next one. 

• 5 weeks later...