London Overground Heads-Up

4 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

On the day changes can even mean the guest only stays half a day.

Not necessarily the only reason. Found out on the Saturday morning last year Chris Judge was doing an extra shoot in the morning as he had to go home early on the Friday as he wasn't well. Fortunately we were able to get his shoot done in the morning instead of the afternoon and freeing us up some time.

Half day can mean either before or after lunch (so to speak) I have had both of those but they worked out well, as long as you are in place the whole day. I think this is the key to go by until we have the full schedule.. be ready for any hour of the day.

Edited by Chris1970

19 hours ago, Mayhem said:

To add, the service runs every 15 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to get there. Note that some services then carry on further south to the coast, and don’t terminate at Gatwick, so make sure you get off in plenty of time ;) 

Will do, thanks ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't think this was going to affect me, but just realised it will. :-(

I'm coming from the Wirral, and with Liverpool Lime Street also being closed (this journey is cursed, I tell you) the route i had booked was Birkenhead > Chester, Chester > Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes > Olympia.

As I've only been to London once before, and not on the train, can anyone offer me any advise, please, on how on earth I get there now?  Where would be best to head to from Milton Keynes?  I'm staring at Underground maps, and nothing is making sense!!

Edited by bigboots

1 hour ago, bigboots said:

Didn't think this was going to affect me, but just realised it will. :-(

I'm coming from the Wirral, and with Liverpool Lime Street also being closed (this journey is cursed, I tell you) the route i had booked was Birkenhead > Chester, Chester > Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes > Olympia.

As I've only been to London once before, and not on the train, can anyone offer me any advise, please, on how on earth I get there now?  Where would be best to head to from Milton Keynes?  I'm staring at Underground maps, and nothing is making sense!!

From what  I can see, I'll have to do Milton Keynes > Euston (I hope my ticket allows me to do that!), then on the Underground Euston > Victoria > Earl's Court > High Street Kensington.  I assume I'll have to pay for the Underground.

Does that all sound right to any Underground users?

1 hour ago, bigboots said:

From what  I can see, I'll have to do Milton Keynes > Euston (I hope my ticket allows me to do that!), then on the Underground Euston > Victoria > Earl's Court > High Street Kensington.  I assume I'll have to pay for the Underground.

i'm coming from Glasgow on the saturday into Euston so head from euston to earls court and from earls court straight to olympia ( i think an all day ticket is around £8 - £10

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigboots said:

im from mk i normally get off at barons court and walk, its about 10 minutes

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

would baron's court be easier for me from Euston? or am i best just to do it the way i planned?

i just prefer it as its less busier and just as easy, you just walk down the street to the olympia, the kensington station gets really busy and very congested at times for my liking

56 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

i'm coming from Glasgow on the saturday into Euston so head from euston to earls court and from earls court straight to olympia ( i think an all day ticket is around £8 - £10

Superb, thank you!

54 minutes ago, cptpugwash said:

im from mk i normally get off at barons court and walk, its about 10 minutes

Thank you for this  - I'll have a look where it is!

3 hours ago, bigboots said:

Or Euston -> Oxford Circus -> Central line Shepherds Bush -> walk to KO!

• Like 1

If you don't mind a short walk, Shepherds Bush (Central Line), Earls court and Barons Court (Piccadilly and District line) are all a 10 - 15 minute walk from Olympia

If you are less able to walk (or don't want to), get to Hammersmith Tube Station (via District(Green) , Piccadilly (Dark Blue) or Circle / Hammersmith and City (Yellow and Pink) lines) and get the number 9, 10 or 27 bus from the bus station.  They stop right outside Olympia and run every 5 - 10 minutes.  Hammersmith and Earls Court stations both provide step free access from the train to the street level.

For those who don't normally use the underground / buses, you can use a contactless card on them all and you will only be charged up to a maximum day travelcard rate for your total journeys that day.  You don't need to buy a separate ticket.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Astro_Nut said:

If you don't mind a short walk, Shepherds Bush (Central Line), Earls court and Barons Court (Piccadilly and District line) are all a 10 - 15 minute walk from Olympia

If you are less able to walk (or don't want to), get to Hammersmith Tube Station (via District(Green) , Piccadilly (Dark Blue) or Circle / Hammersmith and City (Yellow and Pink) lines) and get the number 9, 10 or 27 bus from the bus station.  They stop right outside Olympia and run every 5 - 10 minutes.  Hammersmith and Earls Court stations both provide step free access from the train to the street level.

For those who don't normally use the underground / buses, you can use a contactless card on them all and you will only be charged up to a maximum day travelcard rate for your total journeys that day.  You don't need to buy a separate ticket.

It would be best not to use Barons Court on Sunday morning, the bike race is going along that road, the station is on the south side of the road and you need to get over to the north side but there may not be any crossing points

21 minutes ago, crazydan182 said:

Not too sure what exactly is going on so... We're driving to Wimbledon and then training from there to Kensington. Will any of these strikes/engineering works affect us?

If you are going Saturday or Sunday, then yes. It will not affect you if you are going Thursday or Friday though.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, bigboots said:

Your ticket may not allow you into Euston, it depends on what it says on it. If it says Travelcard, then you'll be fine, but if it is literally says Birkenhead to Kensington Olympia, then no, it won't allow it. If it says the latter, my advice would be to go to a station before the travel day and get it changed so you can get a refund and then a swap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

If you are going Saturday or Sunday, then yes. It will not affect you if you are going Thursday or Friday though.

Damn. Better get to planning then.

I'm guessing we should head up earlier then and it will be replacement buses and the like?