London Overground Heads-Up

5 minutes ago, charliechuck71 said:

how far is oxford circus from kensington olympia? i have to be there to meet a friend before heading back to euston for the 17.30pm train back to Glasgow.

Google Maps says walk to Shepherd's Bush Underground and then catch the Central Line to Oxford Circus, 27 minutes

Edited by one of vicky's bfs

1 hour ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

Your ticket may not allow you into Euston, it depends on what it says on it. If it says Travelcard, then you'll be fine, but if it is literally says Birkenhead to Kensington Olympia, then no, it won't allow it. If it says the latter, my advice would be to go to a station before the travel day and get it changed so you can get a refund and then a swap.

Thank you for the advice.  I actually ended up calling Trainline this morning about it, who confirmed what you say - that I couldn't use it for Euston.  So I cancelled my tickets (no charge!) and rebooked the new journey.

1 minute ago, bigboots said:

Thank you for the advice.  I actually ended up calling Trainline this morning about it, who confirmed what you say - that I couldn't use it for Euston.  So I cancelled my tickets (no charge!) and rebooked the new journey.

I know it's done now, but next time, don't book via Trainline because they charge you a booking fee. Your local station will do it for free for you (if you can easily get to a working station at the moment!).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, one of vicky's bfs said:

I know it's done now, but next time, don't book via Trainline because they charge you a booking fee. Your local station will do it for free for you (if you can easily get to a working station at the moment!).

Brill, thank you for the heads up! :-)

Just been on to TFL for London the only planned work on the tube lines this week is the overground and metropolitan lines district and circle are now scheduled for the following weekend but due to heat and tempertures this may change