LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - DAVID DUCHOVNY

Just now, BenUK1989 said:

Yeah I know but wouldn't have it any other way. This will only be my third con, the biggest to date but really getting the feel for attending these things

It’s an addiction, it’s my third LFCC, but my 16th con so haha 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

I'm shocked we are only at 3 pages. Surely Duchovny has been one of the most requested guests ever on the forums?

Well The X-Files heyday was back in the 90s and things have been quiet since then bar a couple sub-standard films that were largely forgotten by most people except fans probably. Times have moved on, that's what happens when you wait too long for a revival in some cases. And even with the new series, although it may be good its still competing with other great shows. 

7 hours ago, nicky said:

Well The X-Files heyday was back in the 90s and things have been quiet since then bar a couple sub-standard films that were largely forgotten by most people except fans probably. Times have moved on, that's what happens when you wait too long for a revival in some cases. And even with the new series, although it may be good its still competing with other great shows. 

Nope times have not moved on :-) it was a gigantic hit beyond words when it came back 2 years ago for Season 10 (and now Season 11).

The facts speak for themselves. No one has forgot the show, the viewing figures are staggering. Most watched show in TV history accross the world for the 10th Season two years ago, broke multiple records on multiple channels across the entire world. Something like 50 million + were tuning in. It pretty much demolished every other tv show everywhere in the world.

It got bigger over time then, not forgotten.

So demand is far more than it ever has been now cons are the in thing these days.

Hmm. Is ketchup a sauce though? We may refer to it as 'tomato sauce', but surely a sauce is used more liberally than ketchup which is more of a liquid for dipping things into. You wouldn't describe mustard as a sauce would you?

It is a tricky one though.

It seems like a case for...

MulderandScullybackontopicyay.

6 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Hmm. Is ketchup a sauce though? We may refer to it as 'tomato sauce', but surely a sauce is used more liberally than ketchup which is more of a liquid for dipping things into. You wouldn't describe mustard as a sauce would you?

It is a tricky one though.

It seems like a case for...

MulderandScullybackontopicyay.

sauce
sɔːs/
noun

1. 1.
    a liquid or semi-liquid substance served with food to add moistness and flavour.
    "tomato sauce"

Go X Files!

Google is your friend (unless you upset it) ^_^

A lot of sources, but heres one. I think it ended up doing better than this link says as it went further over the world months later.

https://screenrant-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/screenrant.com/x-files-revival-ratings-records/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAE4AQ%3D%3D#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenrant.com%2Fx-files-revival-ratings-records%2F

Mind you even Channel 5 in the UK had amazing viewing figures. Bet the BBC felt like idiots getting outbid on that.

25 minutes ago, Raylenth said:
sauce
sɔːs/
noun

1. 1.
    a liquid or semi-liquid substance served with food to add moistness and flavour.
    "tomato sauce"

Go X Files!

So mustard = sauce?

The Truth is Out There!

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

So mustard = sauce?

The Truth is Out There!

It is semi liquid and adds moistness and flavor, so yes.  But then so does unset concrete :headscratch:

The mustard is out there

I'm happy for everyone who wants to meet David, if I do, it will be for the Hex Files obviously

26 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Google is your friend

:angry:

21 minutes ago, RomeroSavini said:

Mind you googling shows it maybe wasn't now the biggest... very confusing statistics sites haha My brain hurts now with points systems..

TV ratings are made up anyway. They go on about the World Cup being watched by 4 billion people - yeah right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RomeroSavini said:

Mind you even Channel 5 in the UK had amazing viewing figures. Bet the BBC felt like idiots getting outbid on that.

I doubt it; they aren't as big on US imports as they were back in the 90s. And even a big hit for 5 wouldn't even make the top 10 for BBC2. It's all relative - even the big successes like The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones don't have that big an audience in the UK compared to mainstream shows, but no one can deny they are huge. X-Files was huge for BBC2 back in the day, so it moved to BBC1. But there's more channels now... and Netflix etc.

Back to this event, maybe you can have too much of a good thing. Its going to be a tough year to beat - unless they can get big Avenger, or big Star Wars guests. 

People have been asking for David forever, but if they've already spent diamond prices on others it creates a dilemma for them. Even Chris hasn't sold out yet.

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, steve1parker said:

Oh....my....word! Was debating whether to go this year. This just made it a must go...no doubts...no thinking...just must go :D

Same here..it was a no brainer when I saw the announcement.   This was quickly followed a mad half hour when I added Megan Fox, Peter Weller, Edward  James Olmos, Catherine Bach, James Caan and the Allo Allo Costume shoot. lol

2 hours ago, Jabberwocky50 said:

Same here..it was a no brainer when I saw the announcement.   This was quickly followed a mad half hour when I added Megan Fox, Peter Weller, Edward  James Olmos, Catherine Bach, James Caan and the Allo Allo Costume shoot. lol

Eating Bread and water for the rest of the month then? ;)

I'm still in shock with this one! Bought my first ever diamond pass! No way am I missing out on meeting DD.

He was my first crush when I was 12 years old, and it's taken me 21 years but I'm finally getting to meet him!!

Excited doesn't even come close!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, shelley84 said:

I'm still in shock with this one! Bought my first ever diamond pass! No way am I missing out on meeting DD.

He was my first crush when I was 12 years old, and it's taken me 21 years but I'm finally getting to meet him!!

Excited doesn't even come close!

I know how you feel ;)