LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - DAVID DUCHOVNY

Same, wasn't planning to attend this year and I usually don't visit the forum much now neither. 

Just decided to one day visit it and wow totally blown away by how many cool guests have just recently been announced, really having second thoughts now xD

I'm such a big fan of X-Files and Mulder was one of my secret crushes growing up as a kid haha

A spectacular announcement!

I'm shocked we are only at 3 pages. Surely Duchovny has been one of the most requested guests ever on the forums?

Anyway, I am a huge X-Phile so this is one of the top announcements I could ever hope for and will be going Diamond Pass as I cannot risk not meeting him.

I was fortunate enough to meet Gillian Anderson at LFCC in 2012 and again at Collectormania MK 2013. It is a shame that with Anderson distancing herself from the X-Files now, she is probably done with the convention scene (I think she announced this recently?) and we will never have a dual Anderson & Duchovny photoshoot like those seen at some US conventions, but what can you do. A single photo with Duchovny will go just fine with my single one with Anderson.

Great guest. :clap:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dent_1 said:

I'm shocked we are only at 3 pages. Surely Duchovny has been one of the most requested guests ever on the forums?

Anyway, I am a huge X-Phile so this is one of the top announcements I could ever hope for and will be going Diamond Pass as I cannot risk not meeting him.

I was fortunate enough to meet Gillian Anderson at LFCC in 2012 and again at Collectormania MK 2013. It is a shame that with Anderson distancing herself from the X-Files now, she is probably done with the convention scene (I think she announced this recently?) and we will never have a dual Anderson & Duchovny photoshoot like those seen at some US conventions, but what can you do. A single photo with Duchovny will go just fine with my single one with Anderson.

He is one of my all time favorite actors, I've been asking for him for over 5 years on different conventions, amazing that he is attending!! Easiest choice for a Diamond Pass! 

2 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

We have not seen the end of all guests this year. Let us all keep our fingers crossed for the return of Gillian one final time to London.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, redchris said:

It would be amazing if SM could pull off getting Gillian Anderson as well for this year! Have they ever appeared at a UK convention together?

Not sure they have ever done an event before at all, but certainly not in the UK

6 hours ago, Dent_1 said:

Yup I am in shock this thread and on Facebook has not went into metdown. The X Files is still setting records on TV, so it is still insanley popular the last 2 seasons.

The show has influenced me more than anything in my 41 years on this earth. Its impact can never be downplayed to me, or millions of others.

So I am confused by no thread meltdown and quick sellouts....

Yup Gillian says this is her last year ever doung a con again :-( so we either get her this year or never again. Sad times when anyone says they quit cons.

Edited by RomeroSavini

So X-Files has always been on my "too watch list" as shamefully I'd never seen it before until I saw this announcement on Friday so spent the weekend binging it as much as possible with the girlfriend. So far I'm really enjoying it and feel as if I'd watched it when it was aired,the decision of purchasing a diamond pass with David would be a no brainer as I do believe I'll fall in love with this show the more I watch it. That said I find myself in abit of a predicament as I have a decision to make now with his photo ops quickly selling. I've never seen him in anything else as I don't think Californication is my type of programme so to spend 70 odd pound for a photo for someone I don't "really know" is difficult. So I've got a couple of questions. (1) How likely are more batches to be added for him as hate feeling like I have to make a big decision right now especially as I have a budget and waiting to see who else gets announced (2) why should I get a photo with him ? Come on people convince me lol

1) I would imagine there will be more batches added if needed, but how many more I can't say

2) Not my decision, only you can decide that! X Files is a classic show that many grew up watching but if you don't feel like paying out that much for something you just started watching, that's your choice :D

Just now, Wrong Name said:

2) Not my decision, only you can decide that! X Files is a classic show that many grew up watching but if you don't feel like paying out that much for something you just started watching, that's your choice :D

Its difficult as don't want to pass up on the opportunity and regret doing so in the future but at the same time I could reach season 3 and my interest in the show could fizzle out. I don't think it would but if it did I'd once again regret spending that money when it could of been used towards someone else ugh lol

Just now, BenUK1989 said:

Its difficult as don't want to pass up on the opportunity and regret doing so in the future but at the same time I could reach season 3 and my interest in the show could fizzle out. I don't think it would but if it did I'd once again regret spending that money when it could of been used towards someone else ugh lol

These are the tough decisions we have to make as con goers and auto collectors! I hope you choose wisely.

2 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

These are the tough decisions we have to make as con goers and auto collectors! I hope you choose wisely.

Thanks I will do. Might wait till the end of the week and see who gets announced this week if anyone at all and make a decision then. Gives me time to watch some more episodes and think it over

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kurdamoni said:

Every choice we make is difficult concerning meeting actors of not…sad enough

Yeah I know but wouldn't have it any other way. This will only be my third con, the biggest to date but really getting the feel for attending these things