Thursday Meet Up!

19 hours ago, HeartDT said:

Might see you guys there as we  will arrive early afternoon Thursday.  Once get to hotel need to shower and change after flight so will decide from there agter that.   But if we do go, which is very likely, mines is a pear kopperberg :)

I think it's a good idea. In which hotel are you staying?

On 6/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, smithy270492 said:

Hey Guys!

so we have had a thread for this for the last few years and its a shame to ruin tradition... going to sort out a venue (most likely a pub!) but the general idea is a pub for Thursday night where any con goers who are going on their own and want to meet new people, or maybe just want to chat and have a few drinks before the kick off of LFCC can come along :)

If interested in a Thursday meet up write below so can keep an eye on numbers, and will update when have better details :)

ok guys location and time set for Thursday... meeting at Latymers at 7pm Thursday :) will post a link below, just find people inside with a red balloon!

http://www.latymershammersmith.co.uk/

stupid question, is there wheelchair access there? can see a step at each entrance on Google.

hey guys :) Tonight is still going on! cant wait to see you all!

@robmoriarty weve changed venues this year so tonight is my first time going to this one, recommended by a friend going. I will do my absolute best today to find out for you if there is wheelchair access and will post on here!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smithy270492 said:

hey guys :) Tonight is still going on! cant wait to see you all!

@robmoriarty weve changed venues this year so tonight is my first time going to this one, recommended by a friend going. I will do my absolute best today to find out for you if there is wheelchair access and will post on here!

Hey!! ONLY 1 MORE DAY FOLKS!! What is the new venue?

14 hours ago, robmoriarty said:

stupid question, is there wheelchair access there? can see a step at each entrance on Google.

@robmoriarty ive just rang Latymers, they've told me that there is the step that leads to the inside of the bar, they've also told me their toilets are on the first floor which is only accessible by stairs.

I can only apologise, naturally assumed it would be wheelchair friendly as most places are these days! it is a little too late to change the venue now especially due to facebook advertising as well, I hope you can still join us - even if we sit outside at their tables! If not I understand, we will definitely be looking to change to a different venue for the other nights/future years.

My apologies again!

2 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

@robmoriarty ive just rang Latymers, they've told me that there is the step that leads to the inside of the bar, they've also told me their toilets are on the first floor which is only accessible by stairs.

I can only apologise, naturally assumed it would be wheelchair friendly as most places are these days! it is a little too late to change the venue now especially due to facebook advertising as well, I hope you can still join us - even if we sit outside at their tables! If not I understand, we will definitely be looking to change to a different venue for the other nights/future years.

My apologies again!

First floor toilets won't be an issue for me. If (from what I can see on maps) the steps are two to three inches at most, then my beast of an electric wheelchair should be able to manage scaling it. Anything five inches upwards starts to get tricky! At the very least I'll come along and give it a go!

As Richard Hammond famously said a few months back... "Able bodied people like to think that everything that could be done to make life easier and convenient for disabled people has been done, but when you find yourself in that position, you realise it really, really hasn’t.";)

• Like 3

The air-conditioning in my hotel room is too good, afraid I won’t be moving anywhere all evening now I’ve picked up my diamond passes…  Hope you guys have a nice get-together and I may see you at some point tomorrow. Look out for a bright blue wheelchair with a black backrest and a table in front, that’ll be me! 

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope everyone's enjoying the meet. I've come down with a splitting headache (stupid heat) so I will remain in my hotel room and rest so I'll be better tomorrow. And, tomorrow, if you see someone with purple hair (dark with some lighter bits), a black and white stripey dress and a bag with a Star Trek badge on it, say hi if you want! 

Edited by cecitj
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Have you by any chance had a couple?

Nooooo, just the one! ;)

47 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@wjbleming Since you’re stalking the Olympia are you by any chance going to be the guy who hides in the Olympia toilets overnight so you can get low vq numbers? I remember someone saying they were going to do that :whistling:

Don't give me away dammit! :lol:

• Haha 1

Hey guys :) turnout was better than I ever could have expected! It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting others for the first time too!

For those wanting, we will be heading back to Latymers after the convention tomorrow :) there's no set time for this, it's not a strict meet up! Just if and when you want to go along, go :)

• Like 2