Thursday Meet Up!

Hey Guys!

so we have had a thread for this for the last few years and its a shame to ruin tradition... going to sort out a venue (most likely a pub!) but the general idea is a pub for Thursday night where any con goers who are going on their own and want to meet new people, or maybe just want to chat and have a few drinks before the kick off of LFCC can come along :)

If interested in a Thursday meet up write below so can keep an eye on numbers, and will update when have better details :)

ok guys location and time set for Thursday... meeting at Latymers at 7pm Thursday :) will post a link below, just find people inside with a red balloon!

http://www.latymershammersmith.co.uk/

Edited by smithy270492
  • Like 3

I'm usually super-awkward with stuff like this but I'd like to meet some new peeps as I'm on my own. I'll be coming to London on Thursday so unless I'm dead from traveling I'll come by. :)

• Like 1

I attended a Thursday meet-up for the first time a couple years ago. Just by that, during the weekend I kept bumping into people I had met there at queues, photoshoots, etc. and that made the waiting much better. Some of us added eatch other on Facebook and kept chatting during the year, so by next year we were already con friends. It made the whole LFCC experience much more enjoyable and I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who has doubts!

This year my group and I are going to The Cauldron at 18:00 and dinner afterwards, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to make it. If you are still there when we get back we'll pop in and say hi :)

• Like 1

I am woefully socially inept so I shall spare yall the awkwardness ;)

(Also, my mom is my con partner and I think we'll just be chillaxing at the hotel but I do hope to bump into folks over the weekend :) )

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Broo said:

(Also, my mom is my con partner and I think we'll just be chillaxing at the hotel but I do hope to bump into folks over the weekend :) )

Same here but I am up for a a meet and greet at LFCC! :D I hope I get to say "hi" to someone from here. ^_^

Edited by Chris1970

3 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I hope I get to say "hi" to someone from here. ^_^

Yup same! Can folks wear tags with their forum names on so I have a snowball's chance of seeing you and getting to say Hi? ;)

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Broo said:

... we are all socially inept :P we are geeks lol

Bring your mum along too :) fun for all ages I promise

Edited by smithy270492
  • Haha 2

Oh and for anyone wanting to spot me... I will probably be walking around with a red balloon for the convention with the face of one of my convention friends who can't make it!

This may cause flashbacks for some of you as we did the same last year for a different friend who didn't make it to LFCC...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Broo said:

Feel the same here. :WAVE: I'd either engage totally with you over a subject, make an immature comment and then totally regret it or just not speak at all and be awkward.

Yeah, our mum's going over as well for the London sights while we do the con, so there's the whole leaving her by herself or go out drinking with her. lol

• Like 1

Just now, TankerT said:

I'm flying in from the USA.  I'm up for a pint, but I'll have my 10 year old son in tow.  Not sure if that works in the UK or not.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe children can go into pubs if accompanied with an adult. :) they just can't drink alcohol (obviously!)

47 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

Oh and for anyone wanting to spot me... I will probably be walking around with a red balloon for the convention with the face of one of my convention friends who can't make it!

This may cause flashbacks for some of you as we did the same last year for a different friend who didn't make it to LFCC...

OR for anyone newish to the forum who's wondering what this is all about https://www.facebook.com/tim.baloon.3

31 minutes ago, smithy270492 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe children can go into pubs if accompanied with an adult. :) they just can't drink alcohol (obviously!)

Yeah, or at least that's the way I remember it and I don't think it would have changed.  If kids weren't allowed in pubs Essex would probably be a very different place :lol:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

OR for anyone newish to the forum who's wondering what this is all about https://www.facebook.com/tim.baloon.3

Yeah, or at least that's the way I remember it and I don't think it would have changed.  If kids weren't allowed in pubs Essex would probably be a very different place :lol:

... it would take more than that to make Essex a nice place :P

• Haha 1