Prop limitations at venue?

So recently came across this:

https://olympia.london/whatson/london-film-and-comic-con

What does this mean? Also I'm pretty much just cosplaying as multiple Doctors so I'll only be bringing sonic screwdrivers, and one of my doctors has a messenger bag as apart of the costume so........I'm concerned if I'm being honest cause one of my sonics is made of aluminium and wood, and is quite big in comparison to the other toy ones....

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Replica Weapon. Last time I checked a sonic screwdriver wasn't a weapon. ;) We're talking guns here.  This affects people cosplaying as Alien Marines and alike, not Doctor Who cosplayers.

Unless your say...a UNIT officer, or Captain Jack Harkness...or even River Song (if you do a specific variant)

10 hours ago, Kyle Whisper said:

Unless your say...a UNIT officer, or Captain Jack Harkness...or even River Song (if you do a specific variant)

You make a good point...

Ok, new rule: No Sonic Screwdriver props allowed into the convention.

Come to think of it, many around the universe would consider the Dr himself a pretty dangerous weapon...

Ok, new new rule: No Doctor Who cosplays allowed whatsoever.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, natedammit said:

You make a good point...

Ok, new rule: No Sonic Screwdriver props allowed into the convention.

Come to think of it, many around the universe would consider the Dr himself a pretty dangerous weapon...

Ok, new new rule: No Doctor Who cosplays allowed whatsoever.

You are being too nice. Why not a strict dress code, Informal attire. No Cosplay. :poki:

A bit of a shock but with things going on, it’s best to be cautious.

Should be ok, but am concerned about if I’ll be able to bring my 7th Doctor umbrella.

And as for sonic screwdrivers, to quote the War Doctor, they’re scientific instruments, not water pistols.

18 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

A bit of a shock but with things going on, it’s best to be cautious.

Should be ok, but am concerned about if I’ll be able to bring my 7th Doctor umbrella.

And as for sonic screwdrivers, to quote the War Doctor, they’re scientific instruments, not water pistols.

I think a brolly would be fine

Checked the link last night and just now, and the statement about replica weapons has been removed.

Hope I can say this, but another event at Olympia on the Olympia website had the same statement, but now has a statement stating the usual restrictions one would expect at any event involving cosplay.

• Like 1

Pages are still the same but this was from the page for the other event (not LFCC) at Olympia:

Toys, props and handmade items maybe permitted... LFCC security will assess all items that could be deemed dangerous (bladed, pointed or heavy blunt), offensive or inappropriate for a family event.

(Edited in compliance with forum policies yet LFCC got mentioned)

Hopefully it will be alright. I can see myself getting away with the toy sonic screwdrivers. It's the more custom made sonic screwdriver (and one that I don't want to have to go without) that worrries me slightly. It's a bit bigger then the other sonics and made out of aluminium and with some side wood panels (to Whovians, its the dark eyes sonic screwdriver from Big Finish). I'd assume it would still be okay, because it still just buzzes like the other toy ones.