First Comic Con (Help)

As the title says this is my first Con. It's fair to say I'm a bit nervous :D. I would like to ask some questions if someone can help that would be appreciated. 

1. I'm meeting 12 people (Photo Shoots) 6 Saturday, 6 Sunday. How does this normally work? Do I get a list of times I see them? What happens if times clash?

2. I understand at the shoots you can't get autographs. Do you queue separately for this?

3. Now this may seem an odd question. What do people normally wear for these events? I would like to dress up but lacking ideas :ph34r:

Thanks for any help you can offer

• Like 1

Also I have a question:

Since I do not miss much I wanted to have clarification, this is the first time and I think the last, considering that I live in Italy and I take advantage to see both London and this convention. At the moment I have 5 guests that I will take with them the picture, I printed by Eventbrite the tickets, the day on which I participate must bring these printed sheets and go in a cash desk and they turn them into coupons or other? I admit not to know English perfectly my mother tongue is Italian, the team of LFCC speaks someone in Italian or only English? If I have problems in making me understand if there are for example two pictures at the same time of guests and I can not explain well? Help me You,please. :unsure:

36 minutes ago, Flint2979 said:

As the title says this is my first Con. It's fair to say I'm a bit nervous :D. I would like to ask some questions if someone can help that would be appreciated. 

1. I'm meeting 12 people (Photo Shoots) 6 Saturday, 6 Sunday. How does this normally work? Do I get a list of times I see them? What happens if times clash?

2. I understand at the shoots you can't get autographs. Do you queue separately for this?

3. Now this may seem an odd question. What do people normally wear for these events? I would like to dress up but lacking ideas :ph34r:

Thanks for any help you can offer

1. A schedule will be released (and probably updated a couple of times) in the week before the show. If you have any overlaps it's usually pretty easy, the basic rule is go to the one that finishes first. If you are unsure once the schedule is released, post in the thread and we'll offer you some advice.

2. Yes, you need to queue for autos separately. Have you read up about Virtual Queue tickets?

3. Anything you like. Bear in mind it is likely to be anywhere from hot to really blooming hot.

12 minutes ago, Lecter said:

Also I have a question:

Since I do not miss much I wanted to have clarification, this is the first time and I think the last, considering that I live in Italy and I take advantage to see both London and this convention. At the moment I have 5 guests that I will take with them the picture, I printed by Eventbrite the tickets, the day on which I participate must bring these printed sheets and go in a cash desk and they turn them into coupons or other? I admit not to know English perfectly my mother tongue is Italian, the team of LFCC speaks someone in Italian or only English? If I have problems in making me understand if there are for example two pictures at the same time of guests and I can not explain well? Help me You,please. :unsure:

Just bring the printed tickets and they will be scanned as you enter the photoshoot area. You can also have them stored on your phone. There is no need to have anything exchanged into coupons (I'm assuming you haven't bought a Diamond Pass for anybody). The helpers are busy, but they should be happy to try to work through any language communication issues. You could always get a translation app on your phone to help you out a bit.

You should both have a read of the 'New Attendees Advice Thread', especially the first few pages. Any more questions, feel free to ask in there and someone will help.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Just  bring the printed tickets and they will be scanned as you enter the photoshoot area. You can also have them stored on your phone. There is no need to have anything exchanged into coupons (I'm assuming you haven't bought a Diamond Pass for anybody). The helpers are busy, but they should be happy to try to work through any language communication issues. You could always get a translation app on your phone to help you out a bit.

You should both have a read of the 'New Attendees Advice Thread', especially the first few pages. Any more questions, feel free to ask in there and someone will help.

Thank you very much natedammit

Hey @Lecter, I’ve only just noticed your post on the Euro Forum. If you have any more questions or doubts and you feel more comfortable writing in Italian, you can also ask them over there and I’ll try to answer if I can or help translate them for you ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nerd Who said:

Hey @Lecter, I’ve only just noticed your post on the Euro Forum. If you have any more questions or doubts and you feel more comfortable writing in Italian, you can also ask them over there and I’ll try to answer if I can or help translate them for you ;)

Ok thanksB)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

Oh, that's so nice of you ^_^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Flint2979 said:

As nate said, it will be hot inside so wear something light. Many people wear a geeky T-shirt so if you have one celebrating your favourite fandom, now is the time to put it on. You may also want to cosplay as a character from your favourite fandom (just keep in mind that it will be hot and there will be a lot of walking around, so you might want to choose something comfortable).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, whitewillow said:

As nate said, it will be hot inside so wear something light. Many people wear a geeky T-shirt so if you have one celebrating your favourite fandom, now is the time to put it on. You may also want to cosplay as a character from your favourite fandom (just keep in mind that it will be hot and there will be a lot of walking around, so you might want to choose something comfortable).

And dont forget water. Have water with you. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, natedammit said:

1. A schedule will be released (and probably updated a couple of times) in the week before the show. If you have any overlaps it's usually pretty easy, the basic rule is go to the one that finishes first. If you are unsure once the schedule is released, post in the thread and we'll offer you some advice.

2. Yes, you need to queue for autos separately. Have you read up about Virtual Queue tickets?

3. Anything you like. Bear in mind it is likely to be anywhere from hot to really blooming hot.

Just bring the printed tickets and they will be scanned as you enter the photoshoot area. You can also have them stored on your phone. There is no need to have anything exchanged into coupons (I'm assuming you haven't bought a Diamond Pass for anybody). The helpers are busy, but they should be happy to try to work through any language communication issues. You could always get a translation app on your phone to help you out a bit.

1 hour ago, whitewillow said:

Last year's FAQ

You might want to read up on that one, especially the part about Virtual Queues for autographs.

I bought a Gold Pass. So from what I understand I can join any Queue without a VT? Is that for Autographs and Photo Shoots? Thanks for the advice everyone

Just now, Flint2979 said:

I bought a Gold Pass. So from what I understand I can join any Queue without a VT? Is that for Autographs and Photo Shoots? Thanks for the advice everyone

No.  You can join any Non Diamond guest queue without a VQ.  Even with a Gold you will need to get a VQ for any Diamond Guests you want to meet that you don't have a Diamond pass for.

For photoshoots Golds get called first irrespective of the batch you have, but if it's a diamond guest shoot you will be called second after all the Diamond pass holders.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No.  You can join any Non Diamond guest queue without a VQ.  Even with a Gold you will need to get a VQ for any Diamond Guests you want to meet that you don't have a Diamond pass for.

For photoshoots Golds get called first irrespective of the batch you have, but if it's a diamond guest shoot you will be called second after all the Diamond pass holders.

Great thanks

2 hours ago, Flint2979 said:

You will need a photo shoot ticket for the guests you want a photo with ;)