Gif Free Soccerball World Cup Serious Talk Thread

natedammit

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDaLldyNZSkJKb3QwDxM9

Football. The world's favourite game (besides Pokemon Go) has 'kicked off' their quadrennial celebration of both feet and balls and I'm sure we're all overflowing with excitement, right?

As you'll all be glued to your tv sets for the next...however blooming long it is, we surely needed a thread to talk all things Coup du Monde. Like penalties and stuff.

Let the bants begin...

Edited by natedammit

59 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Patrick Melrose made me do it.

cbd.gif

Hmm, the ball is rolling in a right to left direction, which would mean Pikachu would need to be running backwards. I feel like this picture may be altered in some way.

20 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

I (ambitiously) popped in here for some quality World Cup chat (actual football fan here!)

Who is going to win the golden boot? Can a South American side do well in Europe for a change? Young over Rose - what is he thinking?

22 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

but after reading through I need to ask: why has this place become so GIF obsessed lately? :blink:

tenor.gif?itemid=4384712

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WayneLee said:

Personally i am a geek and i am looking forward to the world cup, i even have the Uruguay vs Egypt match on at my desk, but just dont tell my boss

Have Egypt left Salah on the bench because they know they can't beat Uruguay and now they have an excuse?

1 hour ago, tompain100 said:

I (ambitiously) popped in here for some quality World Cup chat (actual football fan here!) but after reading through I need to ask: why has this place become so GIF obsessed lately? :blink:

Blame the Bear.

I Need a bigger leash, no one listens to me anymore.

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Have Egypt left Salah on the bench because they know they can't beat Uruguay and now they have an excuse?

I doubt he can play yet. Definitely to his full abilities. Sometimes a Name and the availability of said Name is scary enough.

And Golden Boot - Ronaldo, or someone misplaced his bribe check. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

Who is going to win the golden boot? Can a South American side do well in Europe for a change? Young over Rose - what is he thinking?

tenor.gif?itemid=4384712

Image result for Patrick Melrose gif

:whistling:

Last one, back to the football.

Yay that local sports team, kick that bag of air.