LFCC Meetup? Anyone interested?

There already is something similar planned if you are interested in it Geeks

but if that's not your cup of tea I'm sure there will be plenty of people interested in what you have planned

Edited by Raylenth

I think for the last two years there has been a pub meet up on the Thursday (I believe it started during the 2016 event when there was originally going to be a fourth day on the Thursday, but that got cancelled at the last minute, so forum members who were around decided to get their drinks on)

I'm not sure if that is happening this year though

25 minutes ago, FoxhoundTCF said:

I think for the last two years there has been a pub meet up on the Thursday (I believe it started during the 2016 event when there was originally going to be a fourth day on the Thursday, but that got cancelled at the last minute, so forum members who were around decided to get their drinks on)

I remember them going to the Forbidden Planet store. I think the Thursday was going to be a three hour 'preview evening' or something like that.

If anyone was hoping for a meet up during con hours, that's tricky because there's so much going on and people's different schedules mean it's near impossible to find a time when most people are free. 

4 minutes ago, flamingkitties said:

It's the first time I'll be there all three days so I'm pretty much being a loner for the weekend. Not sure how I'm going to kill my evenings yet as I'm going to be stuck in hotel-land.

There's the Geek Off happening on the Saturday night, as Raylenth mentioned, and you're more than welcome to come along, Kitties. :smile:

Other than that, I haven't the foggiest what to do myself, not being a Londoner. :lol:

7 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

There's the Geek Off happening on the Saturday night, as Raylenth mentioned, and you're more than welcome to come along, Kitties. :smile:

Other than that, I haven't the foggiest what to do myself, not being a Londoner. :lol:

Thanks - I may do that, although I'll have been in my Spider-man kit all day so may need to nip back to the hotel to change first!  

I grew up near London so I have no sight seeing to do, but need to avoid going into the centre of town as any spends need to be reserved for LFCC!

If you mean meeting up in the days before the con, then I'm sure some people will be up for that. But if by 'before the con' you mean on the day, then it's tricky as people will want to be getting into the queue as soon as possible to make sure they can get as low vq numbers as possible. Meetups are usually best saved for the evenings as people tend to be too busy at the show itself.