Sign in to follow this  
Raylenth

Doctor Who Fans - Tom Baker attending London Film Fair!

2 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to get to the event as early as possible to ensure I can get a low VQ number if that system is in place. If not, then I will just have to wait by his table all day :D

The guests tend to arrive from 9:30 onwards, but not all at the same time. It maybe worth getting an early bird ticket and if there is a VQ system for Tom you can nab one and then get a coffee in the coffee shop in the Central Hall.

Its an excellent event for getting the 'older' guest autographs.

Also, it's on the Film Fair website that Tom is only there from 12.30pm to 4.00pm in case anyone didn't see it.

18 minutes ago, DaveyMorgy said:

The guests tend to arrive from 9:30 onwards, but not all at the same time. It maybe worth getting an early bird ticket and if there is a VQ system for Tom you can nab one and then get a coffee in the coffee shop in the Central Hall.

I'll definitely be getting an early bird ticket, just to be on the safe side.

Posted (edited)

He's my last classic doctor to meet. I'm going putting together a quick closet casual cosplay too. (Femme 4th doctor)

Edited by LadyDeTemps

6 hours ago, natedammit said:

At least you get to see TayTay the week before.

True! I am very happy about that. But Tom Baker... 

I've booked batch 1 for Tom photo. Automatic decision to attend this show. I've wanted the right opportunity to meet Tom and get a good quality photo for soooo long :-)

• Like 1

I would love to attend this event, because of all the James Bond actors…but I can’t :(

1 minute ago, Kurdamoni said:

I would love to attend this event, because of all the James Bond actors…but I can’t :(

Moments like this I am considering put a coin in the Euro lottery and bring a ton of cash home, then tour the world to different cons..

• Like 1

Just now, Chris1970 said:

Moments like this I am considering put a coin in the Euro lottery and bring a ton of cash home, then tour the world to different cons..

A dream… 

• Like 1

Few tips from Mr. Camel for London Film Fair for those who haven't attended before. :smile:

18 hours ago, Serscottypoo said:

Had to get my photo will probs be my last time to meet him!

That could be yes, hopefully not...

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, Raylenth said:

I think it's pretty much confirmed Tom won't be attending LFCC I'm afraid, this was the social media teams reply to someone requesting his attendance on the facebook page:

London Film & Comic Con hi all LFCC is to big an event for for Tom to attend so if you want to meet Tom i do suggest that you take this chance to meet him and pop down to the show , he dose so few events these days so don't miss out

I don't see why they couldn't use one of the smaller rooms upstairs for guests like him - a more civilised environment away from the rat race downstairs. Almost like a hotel convention on one floor up there!

6 hours ago, TerraHawk said:

I don't see why they couldn't use one of the smaller rooms upstairs for guests like him - a more civilised environment away from the rat race downstairs. Almost like a hotel convention on one floor up there!

A lot of these rooms are in use for other things.

When it's possible it will certainly be arranged, like with Sigourney.

On 14/06/2018 at 4:57 PM, DaveyMorgy said:

I can't find a schedule of when the photos are?  Does it get announced closer to the date?

8 minutes ago, LadyDeTemps said:

I can't find a schedule of when the photos are?  Does it get announced closer to the date?

YEs, it won't be posted until about a week or so before.

9 minutes ago, AtpSingz said:

Would I be charged for a selfie at the fair

No, you won't be. SM don't allow charges for selfies, Atp. :smile:

12 minutes ago, AtpSingz said:

Would I be charged for a selfie at the fair

It is the same at all SM Events, sorry if that did not come over clear when you asked the same in the LFACC section. No Charge, provided photos at the table are allowed.

Tom is a very popular guest so I doubt there will be any posed photos at his table plus he is only there for a short time.

His photo shoot is already on Batch 2

Edited by Iceman71

2 hours ago, Iceman71 said:

Tom is a very popular guest so I doubt there will be any posed photos at his table plus he is only there for a short time.

His photo shoot is already on Batch 2

I've got batch 1. I wasn't really sure which to select but guessed.

2 hours ago, LadyDeTemps said:

I've got batch 1. I wasn't really sure which to select but guessed.

Always best to go with the lowest