Sign in to follow this  
Raylenth

Doctor Who Fans - Tom Baker attending London Film Fair!

Posted (edited)

Posting this here for you as it'll be easy to miss it 

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

So sad I won't be able to be there :( 

I know Tom is not feeling very well recently and started doing much less conventions... but is there at least a slight chance that the Showmasters will be able to get him for the LFCC in July? Respecting his age, at least for one day or even a few hours on let's say Friday, when it's not as busy as on the weekend?

Never actually got the chance to meet him, and he lives in London and hasn't any commitments on the LFCC weekend. Fingers crossed this could happen after that announcement...

Anythings possible but I think it's safe to say if they are hosting him here he won't be doing LFCC.

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Anythings possible but I think it's safe to say if they are hosting him here he won't be doing LFCC.

Well, bully for you! ;) Not getting to the film fair myself! :( 

I'm in Spain on the 30th, still there is hope they can get him LFCC if they can get him for this one. Gonna meet him somewhere else anyway :D

Posted (edited)

Damn, sadly there’s no way I could make it to London on the 30th June at this point :crying: but I’m happy for whoever lives locally and can meet him.

London Film Fair seems a relaxed and not too crowded event suitable for Tom Baker. I think it rules out any possibility of him attending LFCC, but at least we know he could attend another London Film Fair in the future, and those happen way more often than LFCC - hopefully at a better time for me too :P

Edited by Nerd Who

It's been a very long time since I've posted on here, but thank you for notifying that he will be there. I'm definitely attending now :thumbup: This is a dream guest for me.

Also, a question for anyone who's been to this event before, does it run on the VQ system?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

It's been a very long time since I've posted on here, but thank you for notifying that he will be there. I'm definitely attending now :thumbup: This is a dream guest for me.

Also, a question for anyone who's been to this event before, does it run on the VQ system?

That's OK, that's why I posted it as I realised it would be easy to miss his announcement.  Thanks to Mr Camel for posting it as well. 

I don't think it usually warrants it but they may do for Tom.  @Spacecadet is here has been before so may be able to offer some info.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

That's OK, that's why I posted it as I realised it would be easy to miss his announcement.  Thanks to Mr Camel for posting it as well. 

I don't think it usually warrants it but they may do for Tom.  @Spacecadet is here has been before so may be able to offer some info.

Thanks for the help :D

I’ve fortunately had the privilege of meeting Tom Baker, but a photoshoot with him while I am cosplaying as the 7th, 9th or 12th Doctor would be great.

Unfortunately, I’ll be unable to go as I am trying to save up for LFCC.

• Like 1

I think it's pretty much confirmed Tom won't be attending LFCC I'm afraid, this was the social media teams reply to someone requesting his attendance on the facebook page:

London Film & Comic Con hi all LFCC is to big an event for for Tom to attend so if you want to meet Tom i do suggest that you take this chance to meet him and pop down to the show , he dose so few events these days so don't miss out

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Hi, I've been to a couple of the Film Fair events and have never seen any VQ systems in place. They tend to be a lot more relaxed events. That's not to say there would be a VQ system in place for Tom though.

After Chris and Peter, Tom will be the only Doctor I need to sign my Doctors poster :( Hope he can do one of SM’s smaller cons later in the year.

I wish I had started my Doctors poster sooner as I could have got Tom to sign it when I met him at CM: MK years ago.

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I've been pinned!  Ouch.

And edited too. Naughty Raylenth!

2 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

And edited too. Naughty Raylenth!

Queen's only added a little to the top, it barely hurt

It's a shame that Tom Baker won't be part of the London Film & Comic Con Doctor Who reunion. But I have met the main man twice before! 

Yes, I only added the "Film Fair" bit. And it's pinned because a lot of attendees have suggested Tom and I felt the Topic deserved a Little bit of Attention. ;)

• Like 2

It does, with so many Who fans coming for the others I thought it was good to pass on here so they can see it :lol:

7 minutes ago, RoryMcGarrett said:

Ahhh nooo!!! It is my birthday and I have plans I can't cancel! So sad!!!

At least you get to see TayTay the week before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveyMorgy said:

Hi, I've been to a couple of the Film Fair events and have never seen any VQ systems in place. They tend to be a lot more relaxed events. That's not to say there would be a VQ system in place for Tom though.

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to get to the event as early as possible to ensure I can get a low VQ number if that system is in place. If not, then I will just have to wait by his table all day :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek