Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pretenama2012

Digital Photos

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Actually you got your photo in more like 7 seconds. Obviously there is some kind of problem because it doesn't normally take anything like this long. SM will be trying their best to fix it.

I have no interest in the actual printed photo. I do it for the digital file so for me its been a waste of money so far. It would be nice if we were given some kind of assurance on whats happening. If I go to the London event and do any more photoshoots am I going to have to wait almost 2 months to get my photos then? All I'm saying is that maybe this needs to be looked at so that it doesn't happen again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, texaspete666 said:

Are we honestly ever going to get them? I'm really not happy that I've paid a lot of money for the photoshoots and so far have had to wait almost 7 weeks to get my photos. I'm not sure what the hold up is but maybe this is an area that needs improving on for future events. There seems to be a lot of people that are getting very frustrated including myself.

Yeah they will put them up as soon as they can I'm sure, but like the bear said, you did get your photo's on the day which is what you paid for.  You might only be interested in the jpegs, but the ticket that you purchased is for the photo and the print out you get.  The online jpegs are an extra service they offer but have never been part of the photo package, just an add on.  There's never been a guarantee they will be available or promise of when they will be up.  I know it's frustrating texas, unfortunately all that can be done is to wait for them.

Edited by Raylenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, UPDATE. An official one.

This has not been forgotten about, the Office is still working on it.

Unfortunately several unexpected urgent issues with LFACC did come up which pulled away Manpower from photo uploading. The uploading itself is a quite slow and tedious process to start with - if you ever had your photo go missing from an upload you know what I am talking about. ;)

So due to these issues unfortunately the estimate given on social media was a little too optimistic. I can't give you a definite date I'm afraid, and I will not try to guess. The only Information I was given is that it is unlikely the upload will be done before LFACC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay, UPDATE. An official one.

This has not been forgotten about, the Office is still working on it.

Unfortunately several unexpected urgent issues with LFACC did come up which pulled away Manpower from photo uploading. The uploading itself is a quite slow and tedious process to start with - if you ever had your photo go missing from an upload you know what I am talking about. ;)

So due to these issues unfortunately the estimate given on social media was a little too optimistic. I can't give you a definite date I'm afraid, and I will not try to guess. The only Information I was given is that it is unlikely the upload will be done before LFACC.

Thank you for the update. At least I can stop checking the website several times a day and I'll check again after LFACC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But please give it some time after LFACC too.

The Office Team won't be back before late Tuesday, some of them even later than that. And then they have to make sure no issues like the ones causing this delay happened during the Event, or guest cancellations or anything of that Kind.

Just checking and I apologize in advance if I am sounding rude: you are Aware that the Pictures won't disappear, they stay in the Library? It's just that no one ever has checked the Website as frequently as you did, I want to make sure that you know there is no Need for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think texaspete666 is perhaps more worried about them never being uploaded, like the Leslie Nielsen Autographica event several years ago for example. Those shots never found their way to the library sadly.

Edited by A007

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A007 said:

I think perhaps texaspete666 is perhaps more worried about them never being uploaded, like the Leslie Nielsen Autographica event several years ago for example. Those shots never found their way to the library sadly.

Yes thats correct and I'm just keen to get them as there's things that I could do with using them for. I check regularly as I'm always hopefully that on one of those occasions they suddenly appear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.

The library has event shoots going back to 2006 I think Leslie was 2010... but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are missing my Point.

I didn't say there were no older shoots. I said the Show with Leslie had been quite a while before the Download started being offered. I can't recall the exact date either, but it was way more than 6 weeks, which is the current waiting period for Collectormania. In over 2 years a lot can happen to DVDs or hard drives with Images. (I am speaking theoretically, I have no info anything has been lost.) 

I realize you really want that jpeg. But I told you before that I can't help you, no matter how often you ask and in which circumstances you bring this up. I have forwarded your question to the Office, that's the Maximum I can do. Repeating the request on here whenever digital photos are brought up unfortunately won't make the jpegs appear. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×