Sign in to follow this  
pretenama2012

Digital Photos

2 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Actually you got your photo in more like 7 seconds. Obviously there is some kind of problem because it doesn't normally take anything like this long. SM will be trying their best to fix it.

I have no interest in the actual printed photo. I do it for the digital file so for me its been a waste of money so far. It would be nice if we were given some kind of assurance on whats happening. If I go to the London event and do any more photoshoots am I going to have to wait almost 2 months to get my photos then? All I'm saying is that maybe this needs to be looked at so that it doesn't happen again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, texaspete666 said:

Are we honestly ever going to get them? I'm really not happy that I've paid a lot of money for the photoshoots and so far have had to wait almost 7 weeks to get my photos. I'm not sure what the hold up is but maybe this is an area that needs improving on for future events. There seems to be a lot of people that are getting very frustrated including myself.

Yeah they will put them up as soon as they can I'm sure, but like the bear said, you did get your photo's on the day which is what you paid for.  You might only be interested in the jpegs, but the ticket that you purchased is for the photo and the print out you get.  The online jpegs are an extra service they offer but have never been part of the photo package, just an add on.  There's never been a guarantee they will be available or promise of when they will be up.  I know it's frustrating texas, unfortunately all that can be done is to wait for them.

Edited by Raylenth

Okay, UPDATE. An official one.

This has not been forgotten about, the Office is still working on it.

Unfortunately several unexpected urgent issues with LFACC did come up which pulled away Manpower from photo uploading. The uploading itself is a quite slow and tedious process to start with - if you ever had your photo go missing from an upload you know what I am talking about. ;)

So due to these issues unfortunately the estimate given on social media was a little too optimistic. I can't give you a definite date I'm afraid, and I will not try to guess. The only Information I was given is that it is unlikely the upload will be done before LFACC.

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Okay, UPDATE. An official one.

This has not been forgotten about, the Office is still working on it.

Unfortunately several unexpected urgent issues with LFACC did come up which pulled away Manpower from photo uploading. The uploading itself is a quite slow and tedious process to start with - if you ever had your photo go missing from an upload you know what I am talking about. ;)

So due to these issues unfortunately the estimate given on social media was a little too optimistic. I can't give you a definite date I'm afraid, and I will not try to guess. The only Information I was given is that it is unlikely the upload will be done before LFACC.

Thank you for the update. At least I can stop checking the website several times a day and I'll check again after LFACC.

But please give it some time after LFACC too.

The Office Team won't be back before late Tuesday, some of them even later than that. And then they have to make sure no issues like the ones causing this delay happened during the Event, or guest cancellations or anything of that Kind.

Just checking and I apologize in advance if I am sounding rude: you are Aware that the Pictures won't disappear, they stay in the Library? It's just that no one ever has checked the Website as frequently as you did, I want to make sure that you know there is no Need for this.

Posted (edited)

I think texaspete666 is perhaps more worried about them never being uploaded, like the Leslie Nielsen Autographica event several years ago for example. Those shots never found their way to the library sadly.

Edited by A007

5 minutes ago, A007 said:

I think perhaps texaspete666 is perhaps more worried about them never being uploaded, like the Leslie Nielsen Autographica event several years ago for example. Those shots never found their way to the library sadly.

Yes thats correct and I'm just keen to get them as there's things that I could do with using them for. I check regularly as I'm always hopefully that on one of those occasions they suddenly appear.

• Like 1

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.

The library has event shoots going back to 2006 I think Leslie was 2010... but I could be wrong.

You are missing my Point.

I didn't say there were no older shoots. I said the Show with Leslie had been quite a while before the Download started being offered. I can't recall the exact date either, but it was way more than 6 weeks, which is the current waiting period for Collectormania. In over 2 years a lot can happen to DVDs or hard drives with Images. (I am speaking theoretically, I have no info anything has been lost.) 

I realize you really want that jpeg. But I told you before that I can't help you, no matter how often you ask and in which circumstances you bring this up. I have forwarded your question to the Office, that's the Maximum I can do. Repeating the request on here whenever digital photos are brought up unfortunately won't make the jpegs appear. 

• Thanks 1

We were told they would be uploading them after LFCC; it's now been a week since that event ended and still nothing. Have they given up on photos from this event? It's now been 9 weeks...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, autographfan said:

We were told they would be uploading them after LFCC; it's now been a week since that event ended and still nothing. Have they given up on photos from this event? It's now been 9 weeks...

It's only been a week since LFCC. The office would undoubtedly be busy with the end of LFCC. Just give them time and patience, autographfan. ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wjbleming said:

It's only been a week since LFCC. The office would undoubtedly be busy with the end of LFCC. Just give them time and patience, autographfan. ;)

Are you really saying we haven't already given them time and patience? We've given them 9 weeks - over 2 months - so far, with no sign that they're coming any time soon?

Has every single person in the office genuinely spent the entire week on LFCC stuff?

52 minutes ago, autographfan said:

Are you really saying we haven't already given them time and patience? We've given them 9 weeks - over 2 months - so far, with no sign that they're coming any time soon?

Has every single person in the office genuinely spent the entire week on LFCC stuff?

Probably, they have just had the biggest show of the year and I imagine there's a lot of work involved in closing it down, making sure everyone has been paid ect.  People will need a break after as well.

As stated before, we all get the frustration, it has been a long time,  but there was never a guaranteed date of release so you just have to wait.

• Like 1

See, and this is exactly why I said 'some time' after LFACC and did not give a timeframe.

The show is not considered 'closed' when the doors close. Breakdown, getting guests home safe, dealing with the hundreds of e-mails that came in during the show.

No one has been sitting around twiddling their thumbs thinking 'hey let's annoy people some more and make them wait even longer for their jpegs.'

• Like 1

And even though it is a much smaller event, we are only 6 days away from Film and Comic Con Glasgow. That’s definitely going to have some attention dedicated to it too.

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

And even though it is a much smaller event, we are only 6 days away from Film and Comic Con Glasgow. That’s definitely going to have some attention dedicated to it too.

And then there's Sheffield the week after Glasgow.

Needless to say the office is beyond busy closing down and catching up after LFCC as well as setting up and preparing for Glasgow and Sheffield which, albeit are 2 and 3 weeks after LFCC, respectively, the office would barely have finished with LFCC before leaving to set up for Glasgow and Sheffield, if they manage to get anything completed before they leave again. The 2 week gap between shows is a lot shorter than one thinks, given when the staff manage to get back into the office after closing down LFCC, autographfan. :smile:

Looks more to do with Gdpr.

Are people who buy photos on the day at events made aware the photos will be published? Do they consent to it....how is this consent stored?

Photos are identifiable information....they are absolutely not ‘anonymous’ in nature.

What Showmasters say:
"As we DO NOT identify the indiividuals in our photo shoots, bar the actor they are with, we are not infringing on individuals privacy as per the new laws...we are not infringing individual's privacy and they remain anomynous"

From Article 4 of the GDPR regulations:

"'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person"

So with photo galleries there is lots of information which can be used to personally identify (directly or indirectly) individuals.

Information that is revealed in photos might be:

Sex/Gender
Date and Location of photo
Skin Colour/Ethnic background
Age range
Religious affiliation
Other physical factors like visible markings, tattoos or disabilities

This information could be used to identify who they are.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

What Showmasters say:
"As we DO NOT identify the indiividuals in our photo shoots, bar the actor they are with, we are not infringing on individuals privacy as per the new laws...we are not infringing individual's privacy and they remain anomynous"

From Article 4 of the GDPR regulations:

"'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person"

So with photo galleries there is lots of information which can be used to personally identify (directly or indirectly) individuals.

Information that is revealed in photos might be:

Sex/Gender
Date and Location of photo
Skin Colour/Ethnic background
Age range
Religious affiliation
Other physical factors like visible markings, tattoos or disabilities

This information could be used to identify who they are.

Not sure what point you are making Rob?  If you have an issue with the photo's being on line and the gpdr then you need to take it up with the office again.  The moderators can't answer this.

Edited by Raylenth

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure what point you are making Rob?  If you have an issue with the photo's being on line and the gpdr then you need to take it up with the office again.  The moderators can't answer this.

I think he's just suggesting it as a reason why the CM photos have not appeared yet.

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I think he's just suggesting it as a reason why the CM photos have not appeared yet.

I think a Sherlock event has been uploaded since GDPR. It’s just a case of us being very patient as SM are very busy.

20 minutes ago, natedammit said:

First post about it yes, but the second I wasn't so sure as it seems more questioning.

18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

First post about it yes, but the second I wasn't so sure as it seems more questioning.

Yes, the GDPR might have been a reason for some delay.

As an organisation, Showmasters would have looked at the bigger picture and decided whether publishing photos taken after May 25th (including those bought at the show) was conforming to the new GDPR regulations.

My issue is that Showmasters published a statement saying photos are anonymous or you can't identify people.

This is so wrong that it's laughable.

Identifying people doesn't necessarily mean knowing a name. As the ICO said regarding what is personal data "Simply because you do not know the name of an individual does not mean you cannot identify [them]. Many of us do not know the names of all our neighbours, but we are still able to identify them"

Selling tickets online and getting customers to tick a box agreeing to terms (including that photos will be sold online) is great, but how do you distinguish photos bought online from those bought at the show?

They can't....Punters aren't made aware or asked for consent when buying at sales desk to their photos (personal data) being published online.