Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
pretenama2012

Digital Photos

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.

The library has event shoots going back to 2006 I think Leslie was 2010... but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are missing my Point.

I didn't say there were no older shoots. I said the Show with Leslie had been quite a while before the Download started being offered. I can't recall the exact date either, but it was way more than 6 weeks, which is the current waiting period for Collectormania. In over 2 years a lot can happen to DVDs or hard drives with Images. (I am speaking theoretically, I have no info anything has been lost.) 

I realize you really want that jpeg. But I told you before that I can't help you, no matter how often you ask and in which circumstances you bring this up. I have forwarded your question to the Office, that's the Maximum I can do. Repeating the request on here whenever digital photos are brought up unfortunately won't make the jpegs appear. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were told they would be uploading them after LFCC; it's now been a week since that event ended and still nothing. Have they given up on photos from this event? It's now been 9 weeks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, autographfan said:

We were told they would be uploading them after LFCC; it's now been a week since that event ended and still nothing. Have they given up on photos from this event? It's now been 9 weeks...

It's only been a week since LFCC. The office would undoubtedly be busy with the end of LFCC. Just give them time and patience, autographfan. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wjbleming said:

It's only been a week since LFCC. The office would undoubtedly be busy with the end of LFCC. Just give them time and patience, autographfan. ;)

Are you really saying we haven't already given them time and patience? We've given them 9 weeks - over 2 months - so far, with no sign that they're coming any time soon?

Has every single person in the office genuinely spent the entire week on LFCC stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, autographfan said:

Are you really saying we haven't already given them time and patience? We've given them 9 weeks - over 2 months - so far, with no sign that they're coming any time soon?

Has every single person in the office genuinely spent the entire week on LFCC stuff?

Probably, they have just had the biggest show of the year and I imagine there's a lot of work involved in closing it down, making sure everyone has been paid ect.  People will need a break after as well.

As stated before, we all get the frustration, it has been a long time,  but there was never a guaranteed date of release so you just have to wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See, and this is exactly why I said 'some time' after LFACC and did not give a timeframe.

The show is not considered 'closed' when the doors close. Breakdown, getting guests home safe, dealing with the hundreds of e-mails that came in during the show.

No one has been sitting around twiddling their thumbs thinking 'hey let's annoy people some more and make them wait even longer for their jpegs.'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And even though it is a much smaller event, we are only 6 days away from Film and Comic Con Glasgow. That’s definitely going to have some attention dedicated to it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

And even though it is a much smaller event, we are only 6 days away from Film and Comic Con Glasgow. That’s definitely going to have some attention dedicated to it too.

And then there's Sheffield the week after Glasgow.

Needless to say the office is beyond busy closing down and catching up after LFCC as well as setting up and preparing for Glasgow and Sheffield which, albeit are 2 and 3 weeks after LFCC, respectively, the office would barely have finished with LFCC before leaving to set up for Glasgow and Sheffield, if they manage to get anything completed before they leave again. The 2 week gap between shows is a lot shorter than one thinks, given when the staff manage to get back into the office after closing down LFCC, autographfan. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks more to do with Gdpr.

Are people who buy photos on the day at events made aware the photos will be published? Do they consent to it....how is this consent stored?

Photos are identifiable information....they are absolutely not ‘anonymous’ in nature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Showmasters say:
"As we DO NOT identify the indiividuals in our photo shoots, bar the actor they are with, we are not infringing on individuals privacy as per the new laws...we are not infringing individual's privacy and they remain anomynous"

From Article 4 of the GDPR regulations:

"'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person"

So with photo galleries there is lots of information which can be used to personally identify (directly or indirectly) individuals.

Information that is revealed in photos might be:

Sex/Gender
Date and Location of photo
Skin Colour/Ethnic background
Age range
Religious affiliation
Other physical factors like visible markings, tattoos or disabilities

This information could be used to identify who they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

What Showmasters say:
"As we DO NOT identify the indiividuals in our photo shoots, bar the actor they are with, we are not infringing on individuals privacy as per the new laws...we are not infringing individual's privacy and they remain anomynous"

From Article 4 of the GDPR regulations:

"'personal data' means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person"

So with photo galleries there is lots of information which can be used to personally identify (directly or indirectly) individuals.

Information that is revealed in photos might be:

Sex/Gender
Date and Location of photo
Skin Colour/Ethnic background
Age range
Religious affiliation
Other physical factors like visible markings, tattoos or disabilities

This information could be used to identify who they are.

Not sure what point you are making Rob?  If you have an issue with the photo's being on line and the gpdr then you need to take it up with the office again.  The moderators can't answer this.

Edited by Raylenth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

Not sure what point you are making Rob?  If you have an issue with the photo's being on line and the gpdr then you need to take it up with the office again.  The moderators can't answer this.

I think he's just suggesting it as a reason why the CM photos have not appeared yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I think he's just suggesting it as a reason why the CM photos have not appeared yet.

I think a Sherlock event has been uploaded since GDPR. It’s just a case of us being very patient as SM are very busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I think he's just suggesting it as a reason why the CM photos have not appeared yet.

First post about it yes, but the second I wasn't so sure as it seems more questioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Raylenth said:

First post about it yes, but the second I wasn't so sure as it seems more questioning.

Yes, the GDPR might have been a reason for some delay.

As an organisation, Showmasters would have looked at the bigger picture and decided whether publishing photos taken after May 25th (including those bought at the show) was conforming to the new GDPR regulations.

My issue is that Showmasters published a statement saying photos are anonymous or you can't identify people.

This is so wrong that it's laughable.

Identifying people doesn't necessarily mean knowing a name. As the ICO said regarding what is personal data "Simply because you do not know the name of an individual does not mean you cannot identify [them]. Many of us do not know the names of all our neighbours, but we are still able to identify them"

Selling tickets online and getting customers to tick a box agreeing to terms (including that photos will be sold online) is great, but how do you distinguish photos bought online from those bought at the show?

They can't....Punters aren't made aware or asked for consent when buying at sales desk to their photos (personal data) being published online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CelticRob said:

Yes, the GDPR might have been a reason for some delay.

As an organisation, Showmasters would have looked at the bigger picture and decided whether publishing photos taken after May 25th (including those bought at the show) was conforming to the new GDPR regulations.

My issue is that Showmasters published a statement saying photos are anonymous or you can't identify people.

This is so wrong that it's laughable.

Identifying people doesn't necessarily mean knowing a name. As the ICO said regarding what is personal data "Simply because you do not know the name of an individual does not mean you cannot identify [them]. Many of us do not know the names of all our neighbours, but we are still able to identify them"

Selling tickets online and getting customers to tick a box agreeing to terms (including that photos will be sold online) is great, but how do you distinguish photos bought online from those bought at the show?

They can't....Punters aren't made aware or asked for consent when buying at sales desk to their photos (personal data) being published online.

From the terms people agree to: Title, ownership and all rights, now and in the future, of and for all photo shoot images, remain exclusively with Showmasters Ltd. Photo shoot images will be available to download for personal, non commercial use after the event for a set fee.

However it may be that they need to look into refining the wording to make it clear they will be in an online gallery and yes, if purchasing on the day at the sales desk you don't get the same info.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still no news of digital versions of photoshoots? It will be almost two months since the event Collectormania took place, I begin to worry.

Edited by Wesker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wesker said:

Still no news of digital versions of photoshoots? It will be almost two months since the event Collectormania took place, I begin to worry.

If there were news Wesker it would be posted.  I know it's been a while but they have had back to back events over the last 3 weekends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belfast's Digital Photos from April have been uploaded so I'd imagine it won't be too long before they reach CM25, though it's not a guarantee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given that photos are meant to be uploaded in chronological order, and photos from an event after CM have been uploaded, can we assume that they are now a lost cause? Been well over 2 and a half months and we still don’t have our photos.

Feel a bit like I was duped out of £15 (I really don’t care for the cheap printout that we get)...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How were you duped?  You paid for a photo with a guest and you got a photo with the guest.  If you purchased a photo solely on the assumption you would be able to buy the jpeg then of course I get you would expect to but it's never been certain.  As to them being 'cheap printouts' all of mine from 2/3 years ago are still as good as when they came out of the printer.

Jpegs aren't included in the photo price, never have been and have never been advertised as being part of what SM offer - they have never been a guaranteed service.  Please elaborate on what you consider shady? 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought but...

FCC Belfast 2018 (which has been put up) had 141 photos from 4 photoshoots (112 from the cosplay photos)

Collectormania 24 (2017) had 9337 photos from 111 photoshoots (yes, I counted)

Given that all the photos from a show would need to be checked, sorted, filed and presumably made available together rather than piecemeal, this might suggest why the Collectormania 25 (2018) photos haven't been put up yet but the Belfast ones have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Why do you feel the need to open a new topic? -> Merged.

2. As it's already been stated, the show that went up is significantly smaller. Even I with laptop on questionable Wifi could get 141 photos up in less than an hour. An event the size of Collectormania or LFACC - not so much.

3. You got what you paid for. You were not duped or anything. The JPEGs are not even included in the price. 

The photos are not lost. You just need to be a little patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×