Digital Photos

pretenama2012

2 minutes ago, pretenama2012 said:

When do digital Photoshoots go on sale? Thanks

Usually a few weeks after the event, we don't get given a specific date so best thing to do is just keep checking the site to see when they are added.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SilvaNemesis said:

The only thing you can say with any certainty is that they're coming, the page is up, it's just that it's still blank at the moment. So they're perhaps in the pipeline.

Tha page is up? Where is it, I can only find collectormania 24

ah I found it now, it was at the top not in alphabetical order

Edited by etikut99
Looked harder
  • Like 1

I really didn't think I'd have to write something like this. Normally I wouldn't do this in public, but I decided to do it this time. My e-mails have been disappearing way too often lately.

I posted three days ago that there was no ETA. On a Saturday night where I was lucky to get a response at all because the photo uploading is handled by the office and the office people do have every right not to reply to work e-mails on a Saturday because it is the weekend. You wouldn't be impressed if someone bugged you with work issues then either, or would you? 

Anyway, it is now two working days later. 

Nate may have been a bit blunt with his reply. But that's Nate. And the gist of his reply is correct. 

If I was told "we're working on it but really can't give you a date right now" I am not going to ask for another update two working days later. If they had no idea Saturday the chances are slim to none they can make up a date Tuesday. The second I post even an approximate date people will start screaming "why are the photos late?" once we're an hour past that date/time. It is very, very exceptional we get an announcement "photos will be up soon", and even then the posts rarely give anything else than "soon" for the reasons I have just explained.

Everyone: I understand you want to have your files, possibly even to work out some of the kinks with Photoshop that have been mentioned in certain areas. But please be patient. Nate is correct, constantly asking is not going to make this faster. It doesn't help asking for guests, the same thing is valid for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Texas if there was an update it would be posted I'm afraid.  They will very rarely give a date/time when they will go up as if it's delayed it generates a lot of traffic from people asking where there stuff is and as it takes a while to get them loaded people panic that their photo isn't there.

When it goes up someone will post to say they are there.

21 minutes ago, texaspete666 said:

OK thanks for replying. I have to say though it's pretty poor that its taking this long. I've never had this before from any other convention. Hopefully it won't be too long now. :)

Thanks.

Well I doubt they are just sat on all the memory cards laughing at making us wait. It doesn't usually take this long, so presumably there's some kind of issue holding it up.

I know of at least one issue, but I this is nothing I am going to explain on here, sorry. It is not related to the Memory Cards being lost or something like that if anyone is worried about this.

And as I said before: asking is really not going to Speed this up. I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your Patience.

9 hours ago, texaspete666 said:

Hi. I was just wondering if there was any update?

I know you don't like us to ask but its been almost 5 weeks. Doing the proper photo shoots are great but I personally don't have any need for the printed versions we get on the day so after getting them all done its a long wait to get the digital versions.

Thanks.

According to showmasters on Twitter:

Should be with in the next week

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, autographfan said:

Anyone else losing hope of these ever appearing? Been a month and a half now!

They posted in answer to a query today that the are hoping to get them up in the next few days

3 minutes ago, texaspete666 said:

Are we honestly ever going to get them? I'm really not happy that I've paid a lot of money for the photoshoots and so far have had to wait almost 7 weeks to get my photos. I'm not sure what the hold up is but maybe this is an area that needs improving on for future events. There seems to be a lot of people that are getting very frustrated including myself.

Actually you got your photo in more like 7 seconds. Obviously there is some kind of problem because it doesn't normally take anything like this long. SM will be trying their best to fix it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, texaspete666 said:

Are we honestly ever going to get them? I'm really not happy that I've paid a lot of money for the photoshoots and so far have had to wait almost 7 weeks to get my photos. I'm not sure what the hold up is but maybe this is an area that needs improving on for future events. There seems to be a lot of people that are getting very frustrated including myself.

Yeah they will put them up as soon as they can I'm sure, but like the bear said, you did get your photo's on the day which is what you paid for.  You might only be interested in the jpegs, but the ticket that you purchased is for the photo and the print out you get.  The online jpegs are an extra service they offer but have never been part of the photo package, just an add on.  There's never been a guarantee they will be available or promise of when they will be up.  I know it's frustrating texas, unfortunately all that can be done is to wait for them.

Edited by Raylenth

Okay, UPDATE. An official one.

This has not been forgotten about, the Office is still working on it.

Unfortunately several unexpected urgent issues with LFACC did come up which pulled away Manpower from photo uploading. The uploading itself is a quite slow and tedious process to start with - if you ever had your photo go missing from an upload you know what I am talking about. ;)

So due to these issues unfortunately the estimate given on social media was a little too optimistic. I can't give you a definite date I'm afraid, and I will not try to guess. The only Information I was given is that it is unlikely the upload will be done before LFACC.

But please give it some time after LFACC too.

The Office Team won't be back before late Tuesday, some of them even later than that. And then they have to make sure no issues like the ones causing this delay happened during the Event, or guest cancellations or anything of that Kind.

Just checking and I apologize in advance if I am sounding rude: you are Aware that the Pictures won't disappear, they stay in the Library? It's just that no one ever has checked the Website as frequently as you did, I want to make sure that you know there is no Need for this.

I think texaspete666 is perhaps more worried about them never being uploaded, like the Leslie Nielsen Autographica event several years ago for example. Those shots never found their way to the library sadly.

Edited by A007

I don't know the circumstances, but for year old shoots the Situation is quite different than for current ones from the last Show. The photo Library only started a Long time after that Autographica. Unless there's a fire in the Office - and you guys would probably catch on faster than me if that happens - there is nothing to worry about for the Collectormania photos.