What do you do with your photos?

40 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Pretty much the same for mine. 

It's pretty much the reason I've stopped buying them - they just end up being an expensive page in a book I don't read.

Plus I'm not really a fan of just looking at pictures of myself - not that I have a complex about my face or think that I'm ugly mind. Quite the opposite in fact :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tompain100 said:

It's pretty much the reason I've stopped buying them - they just end up being an expensive page in a book I don't read.

Plus I'm not really a fan of just looking at pictures of myself - not that I have a complex about my face or think that I'm ugly mind. Quite the opposite in fact :wub:

Lol, again almost the same for me, except the last part! I only get photo's done if they are included or if it's a guest that's important to me.

15 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I generally prefer photos, more personal. Not a big fan of auto’s which usually needs some sort of verifications. 

Ahh but how do I know you are you Mr Catfish? :whistling:

That could be absolutely anyone with Natalie :lol:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I generally prefer photos, more personal. Not a big fan of auto’s which usually needs some sort of verifications. 

Given that I only bother with autographs that I have directly obtained myself, that's not really an issue. Seeing them sign it with my own eyes is verification enough for me!

In my humble opinion, autographs obtained indirectly are completely worthless anyway.

I would probably bother more with auto's if they were sold in similar system as photo ops. I am not a running person (damaged meniscus) so chasing low or if any VQ-tickets I wont bother with. I stick to the nice guests where you don't need one.^_^

33 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I would probably bother more with auto's if they were sold in similar system as photo ops. I am not a running person (damaged meniscus) so chasing low or if any VQ-tickets I wont bother with. I stick to the nice guests where you don't need one.^_^

I'm just lazy but I agree with you on the whole sale system. I also like the smaller guests especially those from star wars. The only autograph I really want (except Doctor Who because Diamond Pass) is Jason Momoa, didn't care enough for a photo op but I want his signature on my throne.

6 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

I'm just lazy but I agree with you on the whole sale system. I also like the smaller guests especially those from star wars. The only autograph I really want (except Doctor Who because Diamond Pass) is Jason Momoa, didn't care enough for a photo op but I want his signature on my throne.

Yeah, I am too going for the Star Wars ones, and there a few this year. And I will go for some of the others, mostly GoT,  but I have DP for those I really want.

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Yeah, I am too going for the Star Wars ones, and there a few this year. And I will go for some of the others, mostly GoT,  but I have DP for those I really want.

Been waiting for Mike Quinn for a while now, I need him on a jabba piece. And also just wanted to meet him for a while now.

5 minutes ago, The_batflash123 said:

Been waiting for Mike Quinn for a while now, I need him on a jabba piece. And also just wanted to meet him for a while now.

Yes, considering Mike myself, and Harley Durst. Will wait for a while though to see what else SM will cook up.

The main use I get from them is uploading them to my Facebook on one album for each event, and have my friends admire my coolness or insult me in bitter jealousy :P

The paper copies I used to stick in a folder and not do anything with them. A friend of mine suggested making a scrapbook, so that's what I did - since he doesn't know half of the people I have photos with, I made labels with the name and main roles of each person, so when I show it to people they'll know who they are. It made for a fun summer project, and now it's an entertaining task to add a handful of photos and labels after each con. I still haven't got my paws on convinced anyone to sit down and look at the album. Looking forward to it!

I'm thinking of making saga-themed collages - one for my photos with Game of Thrones actors, one with the ones from Star Trek, and so on. Sort of the equivalent of autographed posters, but with photoshoots.

Loving some of the ideas I'm seeing here!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 6/8/2018 at 6:45 PM, RomeroSavini said:

I burn them at Christmas time to keep warm and cook beans till mildly warm over the small red flames. Mmmmm tasty.

Do not speak sacrilegious thoughts!

I keep mine together with my autographs, in a binder with plastic sheets in.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:06 AM, tompain100 said:

Given that I only bother with autographs that I have directly obtained myself, that's not really an issue. Seeing them sign it with my own eyes is verification enough for me!

In my humble opinion, autographs obtained indirectly are completely worthless anyway.

My thoughts exactly! I want the autograph I obtained myself, because that means I got to meet the person, if only for a few seconds/minutes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

Do not speak sacrilegious thoughts!

I keep mine together with my autographs, in a binder with plastic sheets in.

Hey I buy the digital files after each show :-D vastly better quality than small unedited prints given at the show.

So really the actual photos mean nothing, easily burnable :-D toasty warm.

1 hour ago, MarioVl said:

The main use I get from them is uploading them to my Facebook on one album for each event, and have my friends admire my coolness or insult me in bitter jealousy :P

The paper copies I used to stick in a folder and not do anything with them. A friend of mine suggested making a scrapbook, so that's what I did - since he doesn't know half of the people I have photos with, I made labels with the name and main roles of each person, so when I show it to people they'll know who they are. It made for a fun summer project, and now it's an entertaining task to add a handful of photos and labels after each con. I still haven't got my paws on convinced anyone to sit down and look at the album. Looking forward to it!

I'm thinking of making saga-themed collages - one for my photos with Game of Thrones actors, one with the ones from Star Trek, and so on. Sort of the equivalent of autographed posters, but with photoshoots.

Loving some of the ideas I'm seeing here!

Would you share some photos of that album? I would love to see it!

I scan my photos before I put them in my scrapbook so I've got digital and reality copy. I used to collect star trek autos but all I saw were scribbles and could barley identify who was who. I cant justify the price of an auto, plus they can be difficult to sell on since you need a certificate to prove they are genuine. However I did get Robert Englund to sign my nightmare on elm street dvd box set only because I'm a massive freddy fan and I will get Gillian Anderson to sign my Scully doll if showmasters will get her again. (I'll never sell them because they are my priceless artifacts) Photos are the best way for me because its creating a personal moment and it's something to look at, so when I'm having a bad day example I'll look at em and it puts a smile on my face. I used to hang mine on the wall but they always fell off so as I said in an earlier post I put mine in a scrapbook now and it's a lot easier. It's also easy to show people as you dont have to make em sit infront of a screen, having said that I put them on my phone the digital ones so it's easy access to show people if I'm out visiting friends.

• Like 2

I have made an album of my photos with actors from Star Trek and I have had some of them signed. It's a fun way to get autographs and

it's easy to carry around. If I get enough photos with Stargate actors, I will make an album of those as well.

I have a special folder I use to store all the autographs and pictures I get at conventions. However, some of my pictures are in frames around my bedroom. I should probably have them scanned, then keep the originals in the folder. Instead of framing the originals. I know many people do this; which I think is a good idea, so I will have to start doing this. Just so I can keep the originals safe. However, I also have various pictures I take at conventions around my bedroom as well. :smile:     

20 hours ago, fanowaty said:

Would you share some photos of that album? I would love to see it!

If you mean the physical scrapbook album: here's a quick one I got last night - the framing and light are a bit terrible but you get the idea. You can see the labels identifying the stars and their roles, and the event logo. As you can see I have two albums - I've been to quite a few events since 2010! My aunt gave them to me as a gift a long time ago and I never got around to use them for my holiday photos and so on, but they were perfect for this. The pages that came with them were adhesive paper, and I wasn't comfortable at all with sticking my photos and 10x8s permanently to the album. So I looked around and I find something called "magnetic paper" - it has a plastic cover and more or less keeps the photo in place, but it can be removed without damage.

YXUwSis.jpg

If you mean the Facebook albums: here are the ones from the last few LFCCs:

2017: https://www.facebook.com/mariovillarl/media_set?set=a.10213180097368234.1073741873.1569346156&type=3

2016: https://www.facebook.com/mariovillarl/media_set?set=a.10209648533841353.1073741859.1569346156&type=3

2015: https://www.facebook.com/mariovillarl/media_set?set=a.10206981984379283.1073741856.1569346156&type=3

• Like 2