What do you do with your photos?

So you book a photo op with an actor, you take the picture and you come home. What do you do with your photo or autographs. I just hang them on my wall. A friend of mine keeps them in a scrap book. What do you do with them?

5T599Bm.jpg

• Like 2

My job gave me a storage unit (supposed to withstand explosions and fire :lol:) which they were not using. The use them to store important blueprints and such. I keep the unit in my "office" at home. I have scanned them for digital storage as well. Some I have printed on photo paper and framed. Never the originals, too risky.

• Like 1

I keep mine the same way I store my autographs using UltraPro folders and 1-pocket sleeves.

Have scanned them on so I can upload them on my personal and cosplay Facebook pages but printing copies to be framed sounds like a good idea.

Edited by Sebster118
  • Like 1

@The_batflash123 awesome collection! :) my husband makes a folder for me after each convention and as well as the photo ops and autos (or photos of autos if eg a dvd collection was signed) he puts in bits and pieces relevant to the weekend eg photos I took round olympia, train tickets, drawings my kids made for me while I was away etc <3

• Like 2

Similar to this, only it is greyish black. They had one left over from work and they gave it to me the year I marked my 20th year as employed. Overkill maybe, but safe. I store them in acid free pockets as well. 

fireking-cf4436-d-secure-storage-cabinet

• Like 1

I put them in a large frame that’s in my room but will probably scan them in when I get a new printer/scanner then re display them, may take a while to do that I have 6 years worth haha 

Edited by Lenasbitch92
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sebster118 said:

Have scanned them on so I can upload them on my personal and cosplay Facebook pages but printing copies to be framed sounds like a good idea.

Even though sunlight dont touch them, daylight bleach them over time. My advice is scan, print and frame. Keep originals dark. Just a little advice from a photographer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broo said:

@The_batflash123 awesome collection! :) my husband makes a folder for me after each convention and as well as the photo ops and autos (or photos of autos if eg a dvd collection was signed) he puts in bits and pieces relevant to the weekend eg photos I took round olympia, train tickets, drawings my kids made for me while I was away etc <3

What a lovely husband :D

• Like 1

@Chris1970So it isn't one from IKEA? ;)

@Sebster118I also always scan them in advance. Always safer to if something goes wrong ofcourse.

@CosmicAvatarAah yes, they are also on my screensaver. I always get reactions when I take my laptop with me to school or my internship.

@VikingGrrrlAlways fun to take a look in them when you're bored and you also save a lot of space on your walls.

@BrooYour husband is a hero :clap:

@Lenasbitch92At least it will be an interesting day to go through all those memories again :D

• Like 2

@The_batflash123 It does save a lot of space on the walls by having them in an album and they are a lot of fun to look through. I plan to print some of the photos I've taken with my phone (from talks and selfies with guests) and add them to the album as well. I'm starting some posters this year. Will probably keep them in an album as well and print a copy to hang on the wall when they are done (if that ever happens :P).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Similar to this, only it is greyish black. They had one left over from work and they gave it to me the year I marked my 20th year as employed. Overkill maybe, but safe. I store them in acid free pockets as well. 

fireking-cf4436-d-secure-storage-cabinet

At least you know they are safe ;)

• Haha 1

I keep my photos in acid-free display books along with my autos, in the dark inside a cupboard. But first I scan them in various resolutions to have high-quality digital copies as backup and also lighter copies to post on social media, use as phone backgrounds, and things like that.

I see why you’d want to frame and hang them in your room, though, your collection looks stunning! :o And a great way to keep all those great memories always on display ^_^

• Like 1

Scan all signed photos and store as an ultimate backup. At present keep all originals in photo albums. When I get a place with a big enough wall I'll buy individual frames for each, assuming I get anywhere near my target of completing cast lists for Trek and BSG.

In the meantime, one of my birthday wishlist items is for a digital photo frame I can have in the living room and scroll through all of them to maximise the jealousy of any visitors.

58 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Even though sunlight dont touch them, daylight bleach them over time. My advice is scan, print and frame. Keep originals dark. Just a little advice from a photographer.

As I mentioned, copies to be framed.

Am thinking of doing a montage of photoshoots for each year, so they’ll be smaller to fit a frame, and my walls!

1 hour ago, Broo said:

Can he make me one?