Latest Guest Announcement - PETER WELLER

Absolutely Amazing guest - now we definitely need Nancy Allen!

ShowMasters you may want to change the title image for Peter Weller because that ain't him in the Robo helmet - (its actually Robert Burke from the "Classic" Robocop 3 - you know the one we don't talk about.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dogsoldierspoon said:

Superb! Wonder if he'll be charging extra for quotes again

Daresay the mods will confirm if this is allowed at SM cons, similarly to charging for selfies, which isn't allowed at SM cons, but if he does charge for quotes when he isn't allowed on the day, get a red shirt and they'll sort it out for ya, dog. :smile:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

You serious?! That can not be common... :o

He did at German Comic Con (which I presume I can mention since it's co run by Showmasters), so I just got a (personalised) autograph. But since I've still got a book I could get signed, I was hoping he might write a quote in that one.

Brilliant amazing guest, been wanting to meet him for the longest time but the fact he is at LFCC means the stress I get from attending this particular comic con means I'll have to let this opportunity pass me by, I avoid the LFCC like the plague but the others are amazing just the right ammount of busy and just enough of people for the event staff and customers to handle 

Nice news !!!!!! Fantastic 

How about-the full set reunion      KURTWOOD SMITH -Clarence Boddicker????

NANCY ALLEM-  Officer Lewis ????? 

RONNY COX -  Duck Jones???????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Liam1980 said:

Nice news !!!!!! Fantastic 

How about-the full set reunion      KURTWOOD SMITH -Clarence Boddicker????

NANCY ALLEM-  Officer Lewis ????? 

RONNY COX -  Duck Jones???????

Hi Liam, please keep suggestions to the Guest Suggestion thread, the mods like to keep the announcement threads on topic, i.e. specifically about the person announced.

• Like 1

On ‎09‎.‎06‎.‎2018 at 10:49 AM, dogsoldierspoon said:

He did at German Comic Con (which I presume I can mention since it's co run by Showmasters), so I just got a (personalised) autograph. But since I've still got a book I could get signed, I was hoping he might write a quote in that one.

I honestly got no clue why it was allowed there. Sometimes the German Events have slightly different rules. But at this Show it will be either quotes included or no quotes at all - an upcharge won't be allowed. But please bear in mind guests are not obliged to write quotes, Peter may refuse.

• Like 1

He was the first SM guest I ever met way back in CM 4(?) in 2003. Apparently he was new to signing and it "wasn't his thing" and he quit doing them. I wonder what changed? He was only £15 back then too!

51 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If I am doing my math right C4 was 15 years ago. Autographs are not the only Thing increasing in Price since then. *remembers Petrol Price tag from filling up car yesterday*

I found a ticket from when I saw a concert back in 1988 with a rather big artist. £15..

4 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

If I am doing my math right C4 was 15 years ago. Autographs are not the only Thing increasing in Price since then. *remembers Petrol Price tag from filling up car yesterday*

When the con scene was fledgling in the UK, in the late 90s, and I was getting some sigs from Star Wars actors such as Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and the like, they were charging £2 or £3 each. I think I got seven autographs from Jeremy for a twenty back then. Prices started to slowly go up around 2000, and now a tenner is the basic minimum for pretty much anyone who was a background character. But prices have fluctuated, I recall Ian McDiarmid charging more when he first started signing in the mid 2000s compared to now. Mark Hamill has really shot up last couple of years, he was $100 when I met him ten years ago.

30 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

When the con scene was fledgling in the UK, in the late 90s, and I was getting some sigs from Star Wars actors such as Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and the like, they were charging £2 or £3 each. I think I got seven autographs from Jeremy for a twenty back then. Prices started to slowly go up around 2000, and now a tenner is the basic minimum for pretty much anyone who was a background character. But prices have fluctuated, I recall Ian McDiarmid charging more when he first started signing in the mid 2000s compared to now. Mark Hamill has really shot up last couple of years, he was $100 when I met him ten years ago.

Well, prices changes with time. And also it got to do how popular they are, and what franchise. Mark Hamill has increased his popularity alot since TFA, cant remember how much I paid for him in 2016. But SM keeps, in my point of view, a very good price policy, just take a look at many others..and especially what it can be like in the US. Of all cons I have been to all over the world SM is way ahead of many of them, and not only with price. I used to travel all over to go to cons but now I have settled with SM, my plan is to do more than lfcc, also CM and perhaps some in the other cities.

On 11-6-2018 at 12:58 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

I honestly got no clue why it was allowed there. Sometimes the German Events have slightly different rules. But at this Show it will be either quotes included or no quotes at all - an upcharge won't be allowed. But please bear in mind guests are not obliged to write quotes, Peter may refuse.

I was at german comic con,i got a quote “dead or alive you’re coming with me “ and wasn’t charged extra for that.