suggestions for GOT stars

Starbug

Just now, natedammit said:

Maybe a Game of Thrones book?

That’s the thing I have been looking on eBay and Amazon and I can’t seem to find the right one what book would you suggest 

Just remember that if you get a book, given the size of the cast, you may need one of the larger books which will then be quite heavy to carry.  There are a lot of really nice GOT posters out there.

If you have one of the box sets of George Martin's books you could get people to sign the box (less weight to carry, but rather Benedict cumbersome). As Roy says, posters are great, but then would you frame it and put it on your wall once you had got a bunch of signatures? It's a shame just to end up with it living in a poster tube (like most of my posters).

It really depends on what you want to end up with. If you like the idea of a book with a bunch of autographs in it, then surely there must be a few nice show related ones out there. I found one that comes in a box with maps in it - but it was £100 second hand. Somebody on here will likely know of something appropriate. 

Are you planning on getting any and all GoT autographs, or being picky? That would affect the size of item you need. 

You could of course just be like me and get bread boards signed.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

If you have one of the box sets of George Martin's books you could get people to sign the box (less weight to carry, but rather Benedict cumbersome). As Roy says, posters are great, but then would you frame it and put it on your wall once you had got a bunch of signatures? It's a shame just to end up with it living in a poster tube (like most of my posters).

It really depends on what you want to end up with. If you like the idea of a book with a bunch of autographs in it, then surely there must be a few nice show related ones out there. I found one that comes in a box with maps in it - but it was £100 second hand. Somebody on here will likely know of something appropriate. 

Are you planning on getting any and all GoT autographs, or being picky? That would affect the size of item you need. 

You could of course just be like me and get bread boards signed.

Roy says 'Always look both ways when crossing.  Stay safe kids'

Image result for roy of the rovers

• Like 1

Game Of Thrones is my main collection and have got quite a few through Showmasters in the past I went with a poster, infact even with the cast list they have one poster isn't really enough (currently on a second).

Depends how big of a franchise it is for you and what kind of items you collect really!

My first one is below with another 10 or so on the other.

20424243_10159077924635035_3707346212422

• Like 2

HBO did guide books for Season 1/2 and Season 3/4.  I met GRR Martin at a Book Festival and got that signed by him.  Might be a thought for what you want to do.  I think they are still available.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inside-HBOs-Game-Thrones-Boxset/dp/1473210267/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1528493305&sr=1-1&keywords=inside+hbos+game+of+thrones+books

Edited by enrohm1963

Personally, I just get them to sign pictures. I just like getting actors/actresses to sign pictures, so I can keep them safe in my folder.

Have fun meeting the actors/actresses this year! Each one I've met so far has been beyond lovely! :smile:

On 6/8/2018 at 1:16 PM, only_jay said:

Game Of Thrones is my main collection and have got quite a few through Showmasters in the past I went with a poster, infact even with the cast list they have one poster isn't really enough (currently on a second).

Depends how big of a franchise it is for you and what kind of items you collect really!

My first one is below with another 10 or so on the other.

20424243_10159077924635035_3707346212422

Wow! This is amazing! :D

On 6/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, VikingGrrrl said:

I'm starting two GoT posters this year. Before I only got signed the photos at the table.

As a heads-up, from experience, undertaking a GoT poster is great way to drastically reduce your disposable income.

:no:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tompain100 said:

As a heads-up, from experience, undertaking a GoT poster is great way to drastically reduce your disposable income.

:no:

That's why I limited it to one Stark poster and one team Daenerys poster ^_^