Photo quality saturday

D4vem88

I've been doing Showmasters events since 2013, and this Collectormania I'm totally disappointed with the quality of photos.

I had photos in each of the three studios, and the brightness and exposure in each studio is totally different. Some of the photos even look pixelated or blurry (mostly B), studio C was so dark, my brown tshirt comes out black.

I noticed quite a few people complaining about the quality.

I hope Showmasters fine tune their camera set up for tomorrow.

my photoshoot with mark Williams and the car was.. (in my opinion) was burry but my photo shoot with the 2 doctors and tardis green screen came out ok. I know what you mean... Been going for these events for a while now and felt it was the worst photo shoot I had had :(

First time in over ten years of doing photoshoots I was a tad disappointed. My photos from area B (Joseph Marcell and Phil Taylor) were very much overexposed. I was going to ask to have my Phil pic retaken but then noticed everyone's photos looked the same and there was probably no point. I hope I can do something with the digital copy once it becomes available but that requires me to spend more money again. Hopefully no such issues today when I have my C. Lambert and D. Glover shoots.

• Like 2

It's up to the professional photographers to get what they think are the best settings for the area they are in. This often leads to pics looking somewhat different depending on which area you have them taken in. Usually some complain that a photo is too dark, whilst others complain about the lighter ones - it's a personal preference thing.

And then there's Pamela Anderson.

• Haha 2

5wmi41.jpg

2 hours ago, natedammit said:

And then there's Pamela Anderson.

I remember seeing those god awful photos from last year lol. 

I'm quite happy with all 5 photos I got, I had one in all 3 areas. 

My only gripe is I now have a "Prom" style pic with my pal at the Han Solo prop. He didn't even have the decency to put his hand on my hip :lol:

Edited by Brasco
Added photo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, D4vem88 said:

It’s not about personal preference. As seen, I’m not the only one who thinks the quality is crap. 

Studio A is the only decent quality, theres complaints all over facebook about studios B & C.

2 hours ago, Brasco said:

5wmi41.jpg

I remember seeing those god awful photos from last year lol. 

I'm quite happy with all 5 photos I got, I had one in all 3 areas. 

My only gripe is I now have a "Prom" style pic with my pal at the Han Solo prop. He didn't even have the decency to put his hand on my hip :lol:

PMSL 

My photo in B with Phil Taylor was overexposed and blurry. I'm going to put it through Photoshop to sort it out and re-print. Pretty poor a professional can't figure out the basic settings, especially for £25 a shot.

Photo in A was fine.

I have to say that my photographs were the usual great quality that I have gotten from Cons over the years.  Really disappointing if that's not the case for everyone, especially since some guests are expensive, so to spend that money and not get a great picture must be horrible.  My boyfriends pictures came out brilliantly as well so we must have been lucky too.  I did notice at the photoshoots that when the photographer took the picture, they then looked at the screen on the camera as if they were making sure it was ok???? Although may be the case that not able to tell until the photo is actually printed.

photos from A and C were perfect

Chad Coleman and Michelle Ryan in area B were disappointing. Michelle was just a little too bright I suppose but Chad was blurry truth be told. I've being doing cons for 11 years and never had a problem with pics, even my Pam Anderson ones were fine but these were poor, shame really. Especially as I love Michelle... haha

8 hours ago, snot182 said:

photos from A and C were perfect

Chad Coleman and Michelle Ryan in area B were disappointing. Michelle was just a little too bright I suppose but Chad was blurry truth be told. I've being doing cons for 11 years and never had a problem with pics, even my Pam Anderson ones were fine but these were poor, shame really. Especially as I love Michelle... haha

I had the same issue. My photo with Ade in A was excellent but my three photos in B were fairly poor quality. Despite the poor quality of the photo, Michelle still looked great:D Please don't get me started on the Pamela photo though- I haven't looked at it again since the day it was taken (probably because I can still see lights before my eyes even now:lol:)