Extra Help?

BartyJnr

7 hours ago, BartyJnr said:

Hey guys, I sent in the extra help form a little while back now for both this convention and London, and as of yet haven’t heard back for either of them. What should I do? 

Cheers. 

If you don't hear back go and speak to the entry team on the day Barty, that's all I can suggest.  Take any papers you may need and explain to them.

Edited by Raylenth

9 hours ago, BartyJnr said:

Hey guys, I sent in the extra help form a little while back now for both this convention and London, and as of yet haven’t heard back for either of them. What should I do? 

Cheers. 

me too, I can only think that once you hand in the entry ticket you'll get an extra help wist band. as Raylenth said bring paper work example DWP or PIP or anything to prove you have a disability. The crew are excellent when it comes to helping out people with disabilities, I've never any problems. Top tip always try and get in early and go to front of desk to get extra help band and when you have photo shoot or autograph tell/show crew member and they'll put you in front, however they normally let diamond passes in first which is fair enough.

Edited by unkown error

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

If you don't hear back go and speak to the entry team on the day Barty, that's all I can suggest.  Take any papers you may need and explain to them.

14 minutes ago, unkown error said:

me too, I can only think that once you hand in the entry ticket you'll get an extra help wist band. as Raylenth said bring paper work example DWP or PIP or anything to prove you have a disability. The crew are excellent when it comes to helping out people with disabilities, I've never any problems. Top tip always try and get in early and go to front of desk to get extra help band and when you have photo shoot or autograph tell/show crew member and they'll put you in front, however they normally let diamond passes in first which is fair enough.

Cheers guys, I have early entry for Saturday only anyways, and have had the band every other showmasters con I’ve been to since diagnosis. I take photos of my diagnosis sheets with me as it’s the only thing I have :) 

2 hours ago, mr mulder said:

Just a heads up this yeah its all changed! even with a wristband you still need a VQ ticket, and have to line up as normal due to the amount of people scamming SM last year. its all in the extra help thread that's been updated 

Can you direct me to where I can find this please? I’ve tried searching the topics here, general, the faq, and it’s just not showing up for me :/ 

And yes, it’s very annoying that people keep scamming the damn help. It makes my life so much easier and less stressful when I’m there. I only use the bypass if I need it but having it makes me feel so much better. 

5 minutes ago, BartyJnr said:

Can you direct me to where I can find this please? I’ve tried searching the topics here, general, the faq, and it’s just not showing up for me :/ 

And yes, it’s very annoying that people keep scamming the damn help. It makes my life so much easier and less stressful when I’m there. I only use the bypass if I need it but having it makes me feel so much better. 

All on the website Barty http://www.filmandcomicconbirmingham.com/index.php/accessibility

11 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

OH. I was being a dumb and looking on the forum. It looks pretty much the same as usual, it was pretty much this at LFCC too, and if the VQ was none existent or low anyways they would just shove me into the queue. Thank you :) 

• Like 1