Disabled entry help!

LauraJean

Hey all,

Apologies if this has already been posted/answered elsewhere and i've missed it!

So..i'm bringing my mom and her partner to Collectormania this year,and she is literally the momma of all overthinking/flapping/planning and stressing.

Her partner is disabled and it's the first time for both of them attending any event like this.They've applied for the extra help wristband but not heard back yet,just wondering if anyone could give me any info on where to collect this? Do they collect before doors open or once they're inside,and will they have to queue separately? (do i have to leave her unsupervised..?!)

I've been to collectormania before but it's my first time with a disabled visitor,so any help at all muchly appreciated! Just want them to have an awesome day and keep any flapping to a minimum! 

Cheers in advance :) 

Laura

5 hours ago, LauraJean said:

Hey all,

Apologies if this has already been posted/answered elsewhere and i've missed it!

So..i'm bringing my mom and her partner to Collectormania this year,and she is literally the momma of all overthinking/flapping/planning and stressing.

Her partner is disabled and it's the first time for both of them attending any event like this.They've applied for the extra help wristband but not heard back yet,just wondering if anyone could give me any info on where to collect this? Do they collect before doors open or once they're inside,and will they have to queue separately? (do i have to leave her unsupervised..?!)

I've been to collectormania before but it's my first time with a disabled visitor,so any help at all muchly appreciated! Just want them to have an awesome day and keep any flapping to a minimum! 

Cheers in advance :) 

Laura

Sorry, I know this doesn't really help. The extra Help team will get back to you as soon as they can and provide you with those details.

When did they submit the form for extra help?

1 hour ago, bandcat said:

Usually if you talk to one of the crew on the day they will point you in the right direction.

I also have a question about extra help if there is someone I can contact over it

Did you submit the extra help form already? Their confirmation should contain those details.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry, I know this doesn't really help. The extra Help team will get back to you as soon as they can and provide you with those details.

When did they submit the form for extra help?

Hi Queen_Sindel,thanks for the reply!

She sent the form a couple of weeks ago,and she's been told just to go to the info desk when she gets in and they will have her details and give her the wristband.. just fretting about whether she'd need to queue somewhere different to us to get in,and whether she'd need a reference number or anything for the wristband! I'm sure as long as she brings the disability documents etc all will be well!

Cheers :)

Laura