Latest Guest Announcement - TOM WELLING

6 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

When I was on holiday in March, I was seeing Tom being announced all over Australia(Hope that's not against forum rules) I event dreamt of meeting him and crying in the process. And the Friday he was announced, I was shaking and have never once struggled to get my wallet in so much excitement. I can't wait. It's going ro be a beautiful moment for fans like us "Always hold on to Smallville". I want to cry now. Saying all this on the forum, I don't feel like a saddo cus I know others would have felt the same.

I know exactly how you feel. One of my friends in Australia went to meet him and that was just after that disappointment, I was so happy for her, but also really sad. I kept faith that a con like LFCC would get Tom here to the UK, but I always thought it was a long shot. Like you, on the Friday of the announcement I was shaking so much, I couldn't believe I was being given a second chance so soon after the other...erm 'chance.' I had to look at it multiple times to make sure it wasn't all a dream. I ran back upstairs so fast to grab my debit card I almost tripped. :lol: It's going to be a beautiful moment indeed. Always Hold On to Smallville (currently binge re-watching the first few seasons). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liv said:

I know exactly how you feel. One of my friends in Australia went to meet him and that was just after that disappointment, I was so happy for her, but also really sad. I kept faith that a con like LFCC would get Tom here to the UK, but I always thought it was a long shot. Like you, on the Friday of the announcement I was shaking so much, I couldn't believe I was being given a second chance so soon after the other...erm 'chance.' I had to look at it multiple times to make sure it wasn't all a dream. I ran back upstairs so fast to grab my debit card I almost tripped. :lol: It's going to be a beautiful moment indeed. Always Hold On to Smallville (currently binge re-watching the first few seasons). 

In my jobless days which lasted about 3 years, I use to watch every episode yearly. It woild takr exactly a month to finish even 8 Seasons. Hahaha it was great. Jve not watched it since 2012 since the DCTVU began.

2 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

In my jobless days which lasted about 3 years, I use to watch every episode yearly. It woild takr exactly a month to finish even 8 Seasons. Hahaha it was great. Jve not watched it since 2012 since the DCTVU began.

I'm only up to season 7 of my rewatch, suspect I might not get the whole show finished by lfcc... ;)

Quick question for everyone whose looking forward to meet Tom. Are you looking forward to him for the characters he's portrayed or him as a person ? I ask cos I know very little about him as a person. Unlike most actors he's not on social media and with not being on tv much since Smallville (I know he's more recently been in lucifer) he's not been in the public eye so it's difficult to form an opinion on him. I myself have booked my photo op with him just because I need to meet "Clark Kent" but curious to hear whether anyone wants to meet him for "him" and if so why ?

Edited by BenUK1989

I'm looking forward to both, Ben. Yes, whilst Smallville was on, Tom liked to keep his private life private, and when Smallville ended in 2011 he took a much needed long break and we didn't hear anything from him for about two years. A lot happened in his private life in that time which I won't go into here, but I always admired his ethics for wanting to keep private. He valued acting as his job and whenever he'd go home he managed to keep his home life private. He returned to film in 2013, appearing in Parkland, then again in 2014 with Draft Day and again in 2016 with The Choice. They were all smallish roles but he did many, many interviews for those films and attended the premieres. And that's also something I admired from him, as he wasn't always a fan of doing interviews, particularly if he was asked questions about his private life. Fortunately, most of the interviews he has done were by interviewers who respected that. And, to everyone's surprise in 2016, Tom officially joined instagram and Facebook, his first foray into social media. He doesn't post very often, but when he does it's very special. We now get to see a lot more of his life. Earlier this year, he got engaged to Jessica Rose Lee, founder of the Saddle Club and she has an open instagram account in which she shares some pictures of them together. And then in 2017 we got the news we had all been waiting for; his return to TV with landing the role of 'Marcus Pierce' on S3 of Lucifer. Since then, he has attended quite a few conventions, now getting a solid taste for them and actually happy to meet all his fans, with more scheduled later this year. I think he's found the perfect balance in his life now after his gruelling schedule filming Smallville in Vancouver. He looks happy and relaxed. He also owns his own production company, which I don't know if everyone knows of. 

So whilst I'm excited to meet Tom for the characters he has portrayed, I'm actually more excited to meet him as a person. With everything I've heard and seen from him, he's one of the most down to earth people you could possibly meet. I've watched, read and listened to all his interviews over 10 years so I've gotten to know a lot about him that way. If you haven't watched it already, the Inside of You Podcast with Michael Rosenbaum from last year is quite possibly the most in depth Tom has spoken about pretty much everything, because it was two best friends chatting rather than him being interviewed. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

5 days to Go til The Weekend arrived. I can add him amongst the Supermans I've met. Brandon Routh, Dean Cain, Henry Cavill & now Tom Welling.

Hoping to be able to add Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill to my supermans list too :) 

21 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

5 days to Go til The Weekend arrived. I can add him amongst the Supermans I've met. Brandon Routh, Dean Cain, Henry Cavill & now Tom Welling.

Lucky you!

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

Hoping to be able to add Brandon Routh and Henry Cavill to my supermans list too :) 

Me too!

• Like 1

Tom was telling John that I was the one who gave him the pin that he's wearing on his shirt. :D It was a great laugh. Though I wish I was the one next to them when they had camera issues. :lol: