Latest Guest Announcement - TOM WELLING

On 04/07/2018 at 11:00 PM, Chris1970 said:

Get ready for a fantastic time Liv, it is fun..maybe crowded and warm (hot for some) but it is very much worth it. And I am happy you get to meet your big fav. I promise you will remember this for a very very long time. One piece of advice, dont "think" too much of what to say or do, it is usually then you freeze. Tom seems like a really nice guy and I am sure he knows some fans can get nervous. And enjoy!

Aww thank you! I tend to hate hot overcrowded places but for this it will be worth it. I'm just hoping the weather will be a lot cooler by then, this heat is already too much for me! Thanks also for the advice! I won't overthink it too much. I was generally just brainstorming questions for the talk. 

On 05/07/2018 at 7:50 AM, Broo said:

What day do you have your photo booked? :)

On the Saturday! :D and I have just booked a photo session with Tom and John Schneider for the Friday! 

On 05/07/2018 at 10:04 AM, natedammit said:

"Did you ever lick Michael Rosenbaum's head, and if so what did it taste like?"

That's something Michael himself would have come up with. :lol: Not something I would be brave enough to ask I'm afraid. :mellow:

On 05/07/2018 at 10:31 AM, natedammit said:

I'm pretty sure the answer would be "every day; candy floss".

Probably Michael's answer too. :lol: :P

Edited by Liv
  • Like 1

I remember meeting Michael Rosenbaum last year, my first Smallville guest ever and the best actor to be on the show. I told him in person how much Smallville meant to me and how it had got me through some tough times and it was something I went to when I was knocked down. He almost looked like he was tearing up when I had told him and think he wanted me to go away, he dedicated my name and realised upon walking away he had signed it wrong, I told him I wouldn't have come back but felt like I had to get the name right and I apologised, he responded and said "You're a good man, I would have done the same". I was in tears that day, I usually don't show my teeth in photos but that day I had no choice due to how happy I felt. He responded to me on Twitter saying "Love ya, Brother". Imagine when I get to meet Tom, my favourite. I'm purchasing a Pop Vinyl for him to sign. Purchasing a few more autographs to. I can't wait. Once again, thank you SM, from the bottom of my Smallville heart.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

I remember meeting Michael Rosenbaum last year, my first Smallville guest ever and the best actor to be on the show. I told him in person how much Smallville meant to me and how it had got me through some tough times and it was something I went to when I was knocked down. He almost looked like he was tearing up when I had told him and think he wanted me to go away, he dedicated my name and realised upon walking away he had signed it wrong, I told him I wouldn't have come back but felt like I had to get the name right and I apologised, he responded and said "You're a good man, I would have done the same". I was in tears that day, I usually don't show my teeth in photos but that day I had no choice due to how happy I felt. He responded to me on Twitter saying "Love ya, Brother". Imagine when I get to meet Tom, my favourite. I'm purchasing a Pop Vinyl for him to sign. Purchasing a few more autographs to. I can't wait. Once again, thank you SM, from the bottom of my Smallville heart.

What a story. Thanks for telling us. Please come back here after you have met Tom and tell us how it went. I have been there to mate and I recognise the feeling. 

Me too :D I had a crazy dream last night about meeting him. It was SO weird. I dreamt the venue wasn't at Olympia, but at the supermarket I work at :huh: but there was virtually no one else there but me and a couple of other people so I had Tom pretty much all to myself and chatted for ages. It's so surreal, only 'cause I've dreamt many times about meeting him and now it's actually happening, but I still have that dream, just two weeks before it happens for real. I guess it's all the excitement. :D

32 minutes ago, Liv said:

Me too :D I had a crazy dream last night about meeting him. It was SO weird. I dreamt the venue wasn't at Olympia, but at the supermarket I work at :huh: but there was virtually no one else there but me and a couple of other people so I had Tom pretty much all to myself and chatted for ages. It's so surreal, only 'cause I've dreamt many times about meeting him and now it's actually happening, but I still have that dream, just two weeks before it happens for real. I guess it's all the excitement. :D

I bet you needed a 'clean up in aisle 5' after that.

40 minutes ago, Liv said:

You should tell him all about it when you meet him. It totally wouldn't be weird at all...

27 minutes ago, Liv said:

:lol: :lol: I did Nate. Lord knows what I'll be like when I actually meet him. 

:o Oh no. Definitely won't be doing that. Too weird, embarrassing, etc. :lol: 

On the other hand, might make you stand out, be unique :D 

35 minutes ago, Liv said:

True. Though I don't know whether that's the right way to stand out and be unique. :lol: At least for me.

Personally I wouldn't, it would probably be fine, but I think any convo that starts with 'I has a weird dream about you....' possibly won't go well.  Explaining it might get a bit long and rambling.

I've got way to many cool things for him to sign. Specially a Smalllville Daily Planet newspaper article which was included in the US Special Edition DVD Boxet which I have. The newspaper looks phenomenal and to have it signed and framed would look beautiful. I've got every issue of the Season 11 comics. I'm going to get 3 things signed. Having a Diamond pass means I'll only pay for the other two now. I'm so torn at this event!!!

• Like 1

My excitement level would be through the roof. :wub: I don't know how I'll be able to sleep next Thursday night, at the hotel. Though one possible positive is that the hotel will most likely have air con, something my house is sorely lacking.

^ I have the exact same Smallville box set. :D I was planning to get the episode guide signed, but getting the newspaper signed then framed is an awesome idea! 

Edited by Liv

2 minutes ago, Liv said:

My excitement level would be through the roof. :wub: I don't know how I'll be able to sleep next Thursday night, at the hotel. Though one possible positive is that the hotel will most likely have air con, something my house is sorely lacking.

When I was on holiday in March, I was seeing Tom being announced all over Australia(Hope that's not against forum rules) I event dreamt of meeting him and crying in the process. And the Friday he was announced, I was shaking and have never once struggled to get my wallet in so much excitement. I can't wait. It's going ro be a beautiful moment for fans like us "Always hold on to Smallville". I want to cry now. Saying all this on the forum, I don't feel like a saddo cus I know others would have felt the same.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

I've got way to many cool things for him to sign. Specially a Smalllville Daily Planet newspaper article which was included in the US Special Edition DVD Boxet which I have. The newspaper looks phenomenal and to have it signed and framed would look beautiful. I've got every issue of the Season 11 comics. I'm going to get 3 things signed. Having a Diamond pass means I'll only pay for the other two now. I'm so torn at this event!!!

Oh you'll have to share a pic of the newspaper once it's signed, it sounds amazing :) I am relieved to say I managed to get my lil drawing finished for him to sign, phew!! So looking forward to getting to meet him!

Just now, DullyEL said:

When I was on holiday in March, I was seeing Tom being announced all over Australia(Hope that's not against forum rules) I event dreamt of meeting him and crying in the process. And the Friday he was announced, I was shaking and have never once struggled to get my wallet in so much excitement. I can't wait. It's going ro be a beautiful moment for fans like us "Always hold on to Smallville". I want to cry now. Saying all this on the forum, I don't feel like a saddo cus I know others would have felt the same.

You're definitely in good company here :)

7 minutes ago, Broo said:

You're definitely in good company here :)

I'm doing a countdown post on my Instagram. One post a day with a countdown for LFCC. Pics from past SM Events. Its getting so close now.

• Like 1