Latest Guest Announcement - TOM WELLING

44 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

Why do I keep coming on to this forum topic daily? I honestly can't think of anyoje bigger than Tom. Even an Avenger or a JL member is no bigger than Tom for me :o

Might you buy/have you bought additional photo ops on top of your diamond pass?

2 hours ago, Broo said:

Might you buy/have you bought additional photo ops on top of your diamond pass?

I've bought the Duo Photo Op. I'm thinkiny of buying a replica cape for tom & john to pass on to me like they did in the Finale.

Tom Is going to be a very popular guest, by the looks of it. I've been going to LFCC since 2014, and comic cons itself since 2013. Have been with others a lot but mainly on my lonesome. This is the first time I'm going with someone else who is actually getting a photo op ticket to. It makes sense as I grew up watching Smallville with them and lending them my DVD Boxsets over the years. Man, I can't wait so much.

Hey everyone! :D 

My name is Liv and I am a huge fan of Tom Welling. It was a little over 10 years ago when I discovered Smallville (always discovering shows late :lol:) and Tom and I've loved him ever since. It has been my dream to meet him for all that time and I can't believe it is finally coming true. :wub: Since Tom was cast in Lucifer's S3 he has begun to attend Comic Cons more frequently and has now got a real taste for them and really seems to enjoy them and meeting his fans, which is wonderful. So I had real high hopes that he would be able to attend to one in the UK after it was announced he would be attending ones in Australia, (as it would be his first time visiting both countries). Unfortunately, earlier this year, I fell for a what I think was a scam from a new 'convention' that initially looked official and bought VIP tickets that included some amazing exclusive stuff with some of the Lucifer cast including Tom Welling. It was too good to be true and true to form, they cancelled it. There was no warning. Just a message posted on Facebook about why they cancelled it. Their website and twitter page was immediately deleted. I was left absolutely heartbroken and devastated. I was terrified I would not be getting my money back (as I had also very unfortunately already paid for a hotel and train tickets) so I made a formal claim to my bank. It was one of the most stressful times of my life. Thankfully, I was refunded the full price for the ticket, though sadly, I could not get a refund from my hotel, I could only cancel my reservation. But when it got right down to it, the money didn't matter to me. All I wanted was to meet Tom. I looked at the website of the place where it was going to be held and there was zero mention of it anywhere. 

So after that, I looked into proper UK Comic Cons, including this one and realised there are more established ones than I thought. I continued to have faith that one of these would invite Tom. And wow, a mere month after, London Film & Comic Con announces him on their guest list!! I wasn't expecting this so soon!! I can't even begin to say how much this means to me. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU LFFC! :wub: You've made my year. Anyways. Sorry for rambling on for so long. I promise I won't go on for much longer. I just had to say this here as it is so important to me. 

I've bought my Diamond Pass for Saturday (makes sense as his talk is then), Saturday Entry ticket (obviously) and I've also bought a Friday entry ticket too as I gather that day is the quieter of the three? I'm hoping to buy extra autos and possibly an extra photo op too! This is my first ever Comic Con and I'm really excited. As I am a newbie, I do have a few questions I want to ask, which I will ask in the newbie thread. ;) 

Edited by Liv
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

@Liv Hi Liv, and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, Friday is generally considered the quietist of the 3 days.

Alos, just to make you aware, the forum here has rules in place and you've kinda broken one of them. :blush: It's against the forum rule to mention other events so you might want to edit your post there to remove the mentions (otherwise the mods will)

Hope you have a great time at LFCC!

Oh, I'm sorry! I have read the rules and I know that no other conventions are allowed to be mentioned as it would deem as advertisement, but I thought it would be ok to mention this one as it wasn't a real convention just a scam. I wasnt advertising it in any way, I was just wondering if anyone here had been affected by it. I will of course delete any mention of it. It's just a story I wanted to share that means a lot to me about what I went through before this real event. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liv said:

Oh, I'm sorry! I have read the rules and I know that no other conventions are allowed to be mentioned as it would deem as advertisement, but I thought it would be ok to mention this one as it wasn't a real convention just a scam. I wasnt advertising it in any way, I was just wondering if anyone here had been affected by it. I will of course delete any mention of it. It's just a story I wanted to share that means a lot to me about what I went through before this real event. 

There's no evidence it was a scam Liv, just run by someone who was blinkered and wouldn't listen to advice.  I followed the whole debacle and was one of the ones pushing her for answers and I do think she intended to run it but just had no idea how to do it properly and thought she could run her perfect event (I've spoken to a few people who were trying to advise her) But I'll leave it there because even a failed event is still a competitor and we can't discuss it further.

But I hope you have fun at LFCC, please have a read of the first few pages at least of the Newbie thread (there's a LOT of chat after the first pages) there should be some good info there on how they auto's work which I would advise you to read.

Well, I'm still skeptical of it. The lady who ran it should have thought it through better, just the way it was handled was a total shambles and didn't think of the consequences to the fans who bought tickets, let alone paid for hotel and travel fees. She had no idea what she was doing. 

Anyways, I promise I won't discuss it further. I have reworded my initial post a little.  

I have already read most of the newbie pages with all the advice on autos and such. So I've got a general idea. ☺ but I do have other questions. Thank you for informing me though! And thank you for your welcome. I know I will enjoy LFFC so much!

Edited by Liv

1 hour ago, Liv said:

Thank you! Yeah it was awful. I still can't thank LFFC enough for giving UK fans a real opportunity to meet him. 

I'm counting down the days already.  :D

There's a countdown thread here you should visit then ;)

On 5/28/2018 at 5:28 PM, DullyEL said:

Why do I keep coming on to this forum topic daily? I honestly can't think of anyoje bigger than Tom. Even an Avenger or a JL member is no bigger than Tom for me :o

Agreed though. He's a superman/clark kent for goodness sake.

Saying that, cannot wait to meet him! He's been high up on my list for a long time.

4 hours ago, natedammit said:

Liv!

Liv!

Liv!

giphy.gif

Yes, do I know you? :P My full name is Olivia btw, but I do prefer to be called Liv. Though I will get Tom to sign my auto with Olivia :lol:

I will definitely be visiting the countdown thread :D

10 minutes ago, Liv said:

Yes, do I know you? :P My full name is Olivia btw, but I do prefer to be called Liv. Though I will get Tom to sign my auto with Olivia :lol:

I will definitely be visiting the countdown thread :D

Nate just likes to greet the new ladies on the forum Joey from Friends style as a bit of an ongoing joke.  :lol:

Just now, Raylenth said:

Nate just likes to greet the new ladies on the forum Joey from Friends style as a bit of an ongoing joke.  :lol:

I was about to say "hey I didn't get that" but realised that is not something to complain about :lol:

• Haha 1