Latest Guest Announcement - TOM WELLING

Well I was on holiday in Canada last week and I wasnt looking for them, I knew they exist, but I found them by pure chance in a Comic Store in Montreal, when I was browsing through DC comics and there they were, they had 5 of 9 albums. And my tv show addiction started with Smallville years ago, so I had to take them. And then I went to amazon immediately to buy the ones that were missing. And number 1 was a hard find, I only found privat sellers, and they were asking between 100-600 quid for number 1. The other ones missing amazon had even new, but I had to look hard to get a "cheap" number one, I found it then for 25 € in the end , but a used one... but it still looks new.

Edited by timlux

18 minutes ago, timlux said:

Well I was on holiday in Canada last week and I wasnt looking for them, I knew they exist, but just I found by pure chance in a Comic Store in Montreal, when I was browsing through DC comics, there they were,and they had 5 of 9 albums. And my tv show addiction started with Smallville, so I had to take them. And then I went to amazon immediately to buy the ones that were missing. And number 1 was a hard find, I only found privat sellers, and they were asking between 100-600 quid for number 1. The other ones missing amazon had even new, but I had to look hard to get a "cheap" number one, I found it then for 25 € in the end , but a used one... but it still looks new.

Always awesome when you find nice surprises like that in stores :) thanks for sharing!

17 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

No idea where they got them but they are on Amazon Broo, no idea if the price is expensive or not though

I saw earlier they were on amazon through sellers (thank you for mentioning :) ), I had a bad experience in the past buying this way so was reluctant to go this route but I guess one bad experience shouldn't rule an option out :). After posting it occurred to me to check eBay and there were some pre-owned issues selling there so that'd be an option too, was just curious if there were an obvious website I was missing to buy them new from :)

Thank you both! :)

Edited by Broo

1 minute ago, wjbleming said:

Got mine all im Forbidden Planet in Belfast, brio! You might want to check your nearest in case! :smile:

We do have one in Edinburgh actually, any excuse to make a visit there! :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Broo said:

It is, beautiful and with a lot of history <3

Awww I left my heart in Edinburgh, such a gorgeous city :wub: The Forbidden Planet on South Bridge is amazing, very well equipped, they have so many Funkos! :o Hope you find the Smallville comics you’re looking for ^_^

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Awww I left my heart in Edinburgh, such a gorgeous city :wub: The Forbidden Planet on South Bridge is amazing, very well equipped, they have so many Funkos! :o Hope you find the Smallville comics you’re looking for ^_^

Oh my goodness when were you here?? :)

41 minutes ago, Broo said:

Oh my goodness when were you here?? :)

I was in Edinburgh for Christmas 2016 and I got completely enamored of the city :wub: Visiting Scotland has always been on my bucket list and one day I want to go back to see even more :D

26 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

I was in Edinburgh for Christmas 2016 and I got completely enamored of the city :wub: Visiting Scotland has always been on my bucket list and one day I want to go back to see even more :D

Oh Christmas time here is stunning, such a perfect festive atmosphere no wonder you fell in love (though of course this would have been true for any time of the year ;) ). Scotland is a beautiful country, feel very lucky to live here <3, so yup you need to make another trip for sure! :)

• Like 1

I paid in Canada for one book 16 CAD which is £ 9 . And I found 4.
The other 3 on amazon were £ 12 per book, and yes for a used Number 1 I had to pay £ 21.
Total for me : so yes close to 100 with £ 93, and I am probably at  £ 100 due to shipping.

Edited by timlux

3 hours ago, timlux said:

I paid in Canada for one book 16 CAD which is £ 9 . And I found 4.
The other 3 on amazon were £ 12 per book, and yes for a used Number 1 I had to pay £ 21.
Total for me : so yes close to 100 with £ 93, and I am probably at  £ 100 due to shipping.

I've got every single issue. There's two particular issues which I feel would be great to get signed. Do you have the 'Lantern' issues? The first issue of that arc has phenomenal artwork. The cover has Toms superman with a mix of Green Lantern.

As well as booking my very first Diamond Pass last Friday for Tom Welling. I have now just booked my very first Duo the Tom & John duo shoot as It's payday. It doesn't get any bigger than this for me :)

• Like 5