Guest Cancellation - Anthony Head

• Showmasters Admin

Due to a last minute change in his work commitments, Anthony is no longer able to join us in Bournmouth this weekend. He sends his apologies and we  look forward to working with him at a future event soon.

Refunds on photo shoots are being actioned today.

23 minutes ago, rangerman said:

What a dissapointment . Absolutely ridiculous. Is his spot going to be replaced. Truly gutted. 

Guests do cancel I'm afraid Ranger.  At this late stage I doubt they will be able to get anyone else but you never know.

Rant time again. I'll make it short. ;)

Guest list complaints are being hidden by the mods. We won't be hiding Posts forever though, so please stop doing it before we have to go further. Some of you seem to do the same rant every year (unless we come across one year where one of their favorite attends), and that is all they post.

Also please stop comparing the local Events to LFCC. LFCC is the flagship Show with an unique line up, and CM is the second biggest Show. We've been through that a lot of times already, and this has not changed.

45 minutes ago, bundyse said:

For the fear of getting BANNED i'm going to keep my thoughts about this event to myself :no:

You're very grateful for the guests that are attending and are determined to have a great time?

22 minutes ago, natedammit said:

You're very grateful for the guests that are attending and are determined to have a great time?

Nah, he's severely upset and angry that a guest has cancelled (Why do they not write that in the contract!?) and needs to vent and take it out on someone, which so happens to be SM.

(BTW, before anything comes out of it, that was intended as sarcasm) :smile:

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

I accept guests can cancel at anytime, been doing conventions a very long time, to know this happens. What makes me sad is that after a big 1st convention approx 3 years later, it seems that Bournemouth Comic Con is on its last legs, and i fear this could be the last one :( 

I don't understand why people complain so much when guests cancel, you get your money back and it's good to see that the guest are still working to entertain us. OK so you may not want to go to the event no more and it feels like you have lost money on hotels and public transport fairs but it's a freedom of choice. I've seen guests cancel or not turn up on the day example it happened to me at one event and yes I was disappointed but I didn't let it get to me plus I know it's always out of Showmasters control. People should be grateful that we have Showmasters here in the UK and rather than rant or abuse them you should praise em. We are lucky to have other organizers who put on events like LFCC and Collectormania etc and guess what, the same thing happens to them too! (about guests cancelling). The way I see it if you have waited this long for a particular guest I'm sure you can wait more till the next time, and it's a nice bonus when they finally manage to attend. As they saying goes, "all good things goes to those who wait"

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, bundyse said:

I accept guests can cancel at anytime, been doing conventions a very long time, to know this happens. What makes me sad is that after a big 1st convention approx 3 years later, it seems that Bournemouth Comic Con is on its last legs, and i fear this could be the last one :( 

I definitely echo this, Bournemouth started with a bang and unfortunately has diminished ever since. Appreciate everyone is into different things but when you start off with the likes of Robert Englund and Michael Biehn its hard not to be disappointed when these days its largely Star Wars extras. It's a shame because Bournemouth is a great place to hold a con and the venue is probably the best I've been to for an event like this.

• Like 1