Diamond Pass Help

PepperMA

Hi everyone!

First of all, i apologise if there is a similar question/thread elsewhere on this forum. I’ve looked around but could only find bits & pieces of info regarding Diamond Passes. 

I’ve not attended a Showmasters event before and I’m very tempted now Mads will be a guest in a few weeks time. 

I understand that a Diamond Pass includes a photo op + autograph + print however I’m a little unsure as to how such passes work. 

Do i collect the pass in person from the event? Also, how does the pass work with regard to queuing for autos? - I read that photo ops are called by numbers that are on the pass? Does this work the same way for autos?? 

I apologise if all of these questions seem obvious. As this event is totally new to me I’m a little nervous about how the whole thing works! 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Pepper and welcome to the forum!

The Diamond Passes are collected in person at the event. The Diamond Pass numbers (which will be on the actual pass itself) will be on a board at the end of Mads' line, when your number is on the board, you can join the queue.

As for the photoshoots, they're done in the order of Diamond Passes, Gold Passes (if there is any) and then the normal batches (batch 1, batch 2, etc).

Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

Hi Pepper and welcome to the forum!

The Diamond Passes are collected in person at the event. The Diamond Pass numbers (which will be on the actual pass itself) will be on a board at the end of Mads' line, when your number is on the board, you can join the queue.

As for the photoshoots, they're done in the order of Diamond Passes, Gold Passes (if there is any) and then the normal batches (batch 1, batch 2, etc).

Hope this helps!

Ahh that’s helped a lot! Thank you so much. 

Edited by PepperMA

• 3 weeks later...

hi, where do we collect the diamond passes this year? is it the same place as last year or have they moved it to make it easier, only as as my first shoot is mr lambert at 9.30 and we dont get in till 9 and last yer it took ages to actually get the passes, just hoping its been more simplified this year, hopefully like london did and be able to collect them as your going into Que up for entry

4 minutes ago, Mrhappy91275Geek said:

hi, where do we collect the diamond passes this year? is it the same place as last year or have they moved it to make it easier, only as as my first shoot is mr lambert at 9.30 and we dont get in till 9 and last yer it took ages to actually get the passes, just hoping its been more simplified this year, hopefully like london did and be able to collect them as your going into Que up for entry

Nothing's been said Happy so the assumption is it will be in the entry area.  The process has been getting better so I'm sure they will have taken that into account.

Edited by Raylenth

Couple of things to improve.

Make the collection of Diamond passes in the hall.

You queue to get through security and then queue to collect your diamond pass.

Then you join the queue to get in, as a result of this you are behind folks with regular tickets who dont need to queue for additional passes who can get virtual tickets for other guests that you may want.

This defeats the object of having a premium ticket, may as well not have one and get in earlier and get a virtual ticket and save £90 as I only wanted the autograph.

Next point is to police the queues and keep people informed.

I went to make use of my diamond pass for Christopher Lambert and the was told just go to the front and get your autographs.

There were a few there that were adamant on the virtual queue aspect, its done in numbers I was told but surely my diamond pass is a premium product enabling me to join a line earlier than the virtual queue tickets.

No one there to police it, if im paying a premium price I have a right to a better level of service that I received today.

Not expecting a red carpet when I get there but I do expect to get what I paid for without grief and not being held up prior to getting into the queue.

tickets 

I was not at the show and need to confirm with the office what might have happened there.

But normally Diamond Passes get priority queueing, means they get to go first before VQs are being called. If you miss that slot for some reason you will get to join the queue at the end.

You didn't say when you got to the line, but depending on how many Diamond Passes were sold it is entirely possible the "priority time" had already passed. Christopher seemed like a quick signer last time.  

If I remember correctly from last years security issues aka "health and safety" forbid to set up collection points outside. 

11 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

But normally Diamond Passes get priority queueing, means they get to go first before VQs are being called. If you miss that slot for some reason you will get to join the queue at the end.

As a point Queen, there are people saying elsewhere that with every Diamond ticket they have had they have been taken to the front of the queue when arriving later so that's something that the crew need to be clearer on I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have a Sunday diamond pass for Megan who is there on Saturday and Sunday, am I able to collect the Pass on the Saturday to save time on the Sunday and also, could I get the Auto on the Saturday or does she sign/do the Auto with the Photo on my chosen day of Sunday?

As I remember last year at Brum, Pele diamond passes got their photo taken and memorabilia signed by Pele at the same time, so no 2 separate queues...

Just want to make sure I queue or turn up at the right place for the photo and then the Auto if they are separate to one another?

thank you :)

1 minute ago, Kristian said:

Hi

I have a Sunday diamond pass for Megan who is there on Saturday and Sunday, am I able to collect the Pass on the Saturday to save time on the Sunday and also, could I get the Auto on the Saturday or does she sign/do the Auto with the Photo on my chosen day of Sunday?

As I remember last year at Brum, Pele diamond passes got their photo taken and memorabilia signed by Pele at the same time, so no 2 separate queues...

Just want to make sure I queue or turn up at the right place for the photo and then the Auto if they are separate to one another?

thank you :)

Oopsie, you're in the CM area not the LFCC one. But yes, you can pick up your DP whenever, and get your auto at any point after your DP number has been called (this will be on your pass when you pick it up). It will be one place for the photo (specific area and times to be stated on the schedule when it is released nearer the show), and another for the auto.

Thanks Natedammit!

Sorry to be in CM.. #headspam

what if my Pass number is called on the Saturday morning, but my chosen day is Sunday? (I only have a Sunday entry pass currently - will they let me in Saturday to collect my DP and then leave to come back on the Sunday?)

2 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Thanks Natedammit!

Sorry to be in CM.. #headspam

what if my Pass number is called on the Saturday morning, but my chosen day is Sunday? (I only have a Sunday entry pass currently - will they let me in Saturday to collect my DP and then leave to come back on the Sunday?)

The DP collection area was before the entry to the queue Kristian so if it's the same this year you can collect it without going in as it were.  You can collect your auto any time after you have been called even if that's next day.

It's worth noting for the future that you said your 'Sunday Diamond'.  Diamonds cover the whole weekend and aren't day specific unless otherwise stated, like the Pele one.  YOu can pick the day of your photo but the auto you have to wait until you are called.  As you are attending Sunday it will be fine, the risk would be if you buy late, and have a high number and only go Saturday - there might be a risk with a busy/slow guest that you don't get called until the next day.

Thanks Raylenth

Glad the DP collection is before the entry, make sense - thanks :)

Yes Megan DP we have to make a choice when buying the DP ticket for the Photo Op to be on Saturday or Sunday, so I chose Sunday and bought a Sunday entrance ticket thinking the Auto will be done with the Photo, but glad I checked as now I know to queue for the Auto separate, so potentially get the Auto on Saturday (if I buy a Saturday entry ticket too) - thanks again guys :)

32 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Thanks Raylenth

Glad the DP collection is before the entry, make sense - thanks :)

Yes Megan DP we have to make a choice when buying the DP ticket for the Photo Op to be on Saturday or Sunday, so I chose Sunday and bought a Sunday entrance ticket thinking the Auto will be done with the Photo, but glad I checked as now I know to queue for the Auto separate, so potentially get the Auto on Saturday (if I buy a Saturday entry ticket too) - thanks again guys :)

Unfortunately it's not possible to have the auto done at the same time as the photo as it would take ages and be a nightmare.  She'd have to have a photo, go to the desk, wait for people to get their items out, sign, go back to the photo area, repeat.  Usually the photo and auto area are near each other so when you get a moment just wander around the auto area to look for her table then you will know where to go, keep checking back to see where they have called to and join the queue when you want after you have been called.  I think Megan will be in a booth rather than at a table.

Yeah that's what I thought re having auto same time as the Photo, would be so time consuming - I think they only did this for the DP people for Pele as he was unable to move much bless him, so the DPs did both as he was sitting down anyway for the photo's and there was a Cap of the amount of DPs for Pele if I remember rightly..

great advice as always buddy, I got the DP quite early so probably a low number? so do I just join the Auto Queue when I like? what if she has a massive queue already, do I go ahead of the VQ ticket holders?

6 minutes ago, Kristian said:

Yeah that's what I thought re having auto same time as the Photo, would be so time consuming - I think they only did this for the DP people for Pele as he was unable to move much bless him, so the DPs did both as he was sitting down anyway for the photo's and there was a Cap of the amount of DPs for Pele if I remember rightly..

great advice as always buddy, I got the DP quite early so probably a low number? so do I just join the Auto Queue when I like? what if she has a massive queue already, do I go ahead of the VQ ticket holders?

Even once you have been called it's still down to how busy the queue is as to if you can actually join it, but theoretically if you go through with the diamonds then you just join the back of the queue, they don't do it in strict number order, just groups.  If you go through when VQ's have been called then you just join the back, you don't get to jump the queue to the front I'm afraid.

That's understandable - so for the Photo Ops I just join in the back of the queue of what ever queue is there - so that's the same for the Auto queue too? I would just join the back of the current VQ? as I wouldn't know the Auto start time of Megan until I turn up at the event to know when to queue from?

13 minutes ago, Kristian said:

That's understandable - so for the Photo Ops I just join in the back of the queue of what ever queue is there - so that's the same for the Auto queue too? I would just join the back of the current VQ? as I wouldn't know the Auto start time of Megan until I turn up at the event to know when to queue from?

No, for photo's with guests you have a Diamond pass for you go at the beginning of he session.  If that doesn't work for you and you prefer to go a bit later in the session identify yourself to the crew and they will slot you in as near to the front as possible.  For auto's yes, you will just join the back of the queue either way.  Guests start signing from the open of the event unless they have a talk/photo straight away so you know they will start queuing people from entry and can judge it when you fin out what your number is.  If you have pass 1 you can join the queue straight away, if you are under 100 you will probably be in the first couple of hours ect, so when you get your pas sand see your number you can decide.  If you need any VQ's from other guests go and get them when you get in, then go and find Megan's desk so you kow where it is and just keep checking back every now and again to see where they have called to

That makes sense, so for the Auto, do I just show my DP to the crew member at the desk once I get to the front and then choose a photo for Megan to sign, as I won need to pay for anything will I, or do I get an Auto ticket to use/hand in at her desk or something like that?

Thanks again Ray, sorry for the questions, all new to me

41 minutes ago, Kristian said:

That makes sense, so for the Auto, do I just show my DP to the crew member at the desk once I get to the front and then choose a photo for Megan to sign, as I won need to pay for anything will I, or do I get an Auto ticket to use/hand in at her desk or something like that?

Thanks again Ray, sorry for the questions, all new to me

It's fine Kristian we were all new once.  It's actually really simple and you will see once you are there but it can be a pain to explain sometimes because there can be so many variables.  With Megan you show your pass to join the auto queue so they can see your pass - as I said I think she will be in a booth so when you get into the booth there will be a table set up before you get to Megan where you show your pass and they will clip it to show you have done the auto part of it.  On that table will be a selection of 8x10's, if you aren't getting your own item signed you can take one to get signed and they are free, you tell that crew member how many you are getting and they will give you a chit to say how many you are getting, which you then hand over to the crew member who will be sitting with Megan when you get to the front of the queue.  Then you carry on in the queue and will eventually reach Megan, get your auto and leave.  Now, you can get more than one item signed if you want though you have to pay for each auto, so if for example you are only getting the one included in your pass you just say that to the people on the 8x10 desk, they will write 1 on the chit and off you go, if you want 2, you tell them you want to buy one more (your included auto and an extra), hand over the money for the second auto and they will put '2' on the chit, and so forth.  That way you aren't fumbling to do all that in front of Megan but the person sitting with her knows how many you are getting and no can get more than they have paid for, and it keeps the queue moving.

Just for reference in case you are thinking of getting any other guests, any big name not in a booth will have an 8x10 desk halfway down the queue and it works in exactly the same way, the smaller guests won't have a desk mid queue but will all be dealt with by the crew member sitting next to the guest, so you pay in front of the guest, and the 8x10's will be next to them.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1