Special Assistance

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Maybe send an email after and request it for next year, it is a bit silly to not have an auto response explaining that because people won't know otherwise.

I will do. I've also made a similar point by email to SM extra help after DST3 and DSTE, but nothing changed then either.

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Sad 1

I was actually expecting an autoresponse myself, hence my first posts in this topic. I was assuming it's probably something no one thought off seeing it's the first time LFACC is using the form - but after what rob wrote it seems the issue has been there for Massive Events shows too. I've put it on my list of things to raise after the show already.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I was actually expecting an autoresponse myself, hence my first posts in this topic. I was assuming it's probably something no one thought off seeing it's the first time LFACC is using the form - but after what rob wrote it seems the issue has been there for Massive Events shows too. I've put it on my list of things to raise after the show already.

Thanks, sure many will appreciate it. Often it's a simple gesture such as this which, although automated, if configured properly goes a long way to satisfying the majority of those using it - leaving more time for SM to deal with the more "complex" circumstances some face.

Also there is a common misconception that emails and websites work 100% of the time. Sometimes they just don't, plain and simple - so if there is no form of response, there's no way to tell for sure if it definitely has gone through to the recipient address it's supposed to reach.

Edited by robmoriarty

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, _ItsWilliam_ said:

Sorry for the bump, trying to fill out the form as requested in the email and I can't seem to find my ticket numbers?
They're e-tickets bought from EventBrite last night, checked emails as well.

I believe this would be the order numbers, which should be written on the pdf ticket and in your confirmation email

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

No, sorry Heart.

Damn thats crap.... going to pick everything else up thursday but need to wait friday for this.   Any reason why not when all entry/gold/dp etc can be collected?  Especially as this would allow those needing extra assistance to collect when a bit quieter???  Would really like someone from SM to give a direct and clear answer to this.

15 minutes ago, unkown error said:

I filled in the extra help form a long time ago I've still not heard anything back, what's going on?!

After falling into this trap myself, allow me to assist. You won't get a response unless there is an issue with your application. I have already mentioned elsewhere up this thread that an automated response to say each application has been received would be appreciated - the feedback will be going in after this event. 

To be on the safe side take your proof of disability with you on the day, but you should be on their list to simply pick up your extra help wristband when you arrive.

14 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Damn thats crap.... going to pick everything else up thursday but need to wait friday for this.   Any reason why not when all entry/gold/dp etc can be collected?  Especially as this would allow those needing extra assistance to collect when a bit quieter???  Would really like someone from SM to give a direct and clear answer to this.

SM have their reasons, they are not doing Things a certain way to annoy People.

As I am not involved with scheduling Crew - but I am the only one who is around to respond - I can only guess that the Team handling the passes is not available Thursday. It is a designated Group of volunteers doing this so that Things can run smoothly - usually the volunteers Switch positions throughout the Weekend as you may have noticed. With the exception of the handful of Office staff everyone working the Event has day Jobs which sometimes get in the way.

3 minutes ago, robmoriarty said:

After falling into this trap myself, allow me to assist. You won't get a response unless there is an issue with your application. I have already mentioned elsewhere up this thread that an automated response to say each application has been received would be appreciated - the feedback will be going in after this event. 

To be on the safe side take your proof of disability with you on the day, but you should be on their list to simply pick up your extra help wristband when you arrive.

After submitting the Exta Help form the screen you are presented with does actually say that you won’t be contacted. I actually screen shot the page after submitting my form, I’ve just taken a phograph of my printed out screen shot but, don’t know how to add images. I will quite what it says on the page that comes up after you click submit.

”THANK YOU

Your submission has been received. You will now only be contacted if there is a question about your submission. 

When you arrive on the day please ask a crew member to direct you to the Extra Help Desk, where you will present the forms you have indicated and we will assist/advise you on completing your entry to the event. If you require a Carer they must be with you at this point.

We hope you enjoy your visit to our event!”

So given this information they are basically saying that’s it you’re done and not to worry :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, FanGirl said:

After submitting the Exta Help form the screen you are presented with does actually say that you won’t be contacted. I actually screen shot the page after submitting my form, I’ve just taken a phograph of my printed out screen shot but, don’t know how to add images. I will quite what it says on the page that comes up after you click submit.

”THANK YOU

Your submission has been received. You will now only be contacted if there is a question about your submission. 

When you arrive on the day please ask a crew member to direct you to the Extra Help Desk, where you will present the forms you have indicated and we will assist/advise you on completing your entry to the event. If you require a Carer they must be with you at this point.

We hope you enjoy your visit to our event!”

So given this information they are basically saying that’s it you’re done and not to worry :rolleyes:

Interesting to note. I did my submission back in March, so I've slept and forgotten since then about that thank you screen. You can only see that info once unless you have the foresight to print the page or screenshot it as you have. Having something you can refer back to is simply good practice and will appease the majority of those who may have concerns. It's also a good show of proof you can print and show on the day should it be required to make things even more efficient for SM and their team.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

SM have their reasons, they are not doing Things a certain way to annoy People.

As I am not involved with scheduling Crew - but I am the only one who is around to respond - I can only guess that the Team handling the passes is not available Thursday. It is a designated Group of volunteers doing this so that Things can run smoothly - usually the volunteers Switch positions throughout the Weekend as you may have noticed. With the exception of the handful of Office staff everyone working the Event has day Jobs which sometimes get in the way.

It appears that having a Gold Pass and requiring Extra Help is the one combination which means that, on Friday, you cant actually take advantage of the early entry, as you will have to get the Extra Help passes on Friday and (the assumption is from another thread) that these will not be available until general opening times. 

Was the assumption that no one with Extra Help would have a Gold Pass? It seems there are two (potentially easy) fixes to remedy this:-

a - Make Extra Help passes available on Thursday pickup

b - Allow Gold Pass &+ Extra Help Users in early via the Extra Help entry on all three days. 

I'm sure that all option b would require is some additional instructions to the Extra Help staff manning the entry? Option A is possibly a little more organisational / time consuming to arrange at this late stage?

..and I totally appreciate QS the position you're in!

5 minutes ago, Tom Beaker said:

It appears that having a Gold Pass and requiring Extra Help is the one combination which means that, on Friday, you cant actually take advantage of the early entry, as you will have to get the Extra Help passes on Friday and (the assumption is from another thread) that these will not be available until general opening times. 

Was the assumption that no one with Extra Help would have a Gold Pass? It seems there are two (potentially easy) fixes to remedy this:-

a - Make Extra Help passes available on Thursday pickup

b - Allow Gold Pass &+ Extra Help Users in early via the Extra Help entry on all three days. 

I'm sure that all option b would require is some additional instructions to the Extra Help staff manning the entry? Option A is possibly a little more organisational / time consuming to arrange at this late stage?

..and I totally appreciate QS the position you're in!

As mentioned, I meant get your Help pass when the hall opens a 8 Tom, then go around to the Gold door.

Can you please do me a huge favor and not spread out the same issue over several threads? I am on my phone, and by doing this you are making it really difficult trying to help you because I am losing track.

You're supposed to enter your ticket number when you apply for extra help. I really can't remember if you are supposed to enter the carer's ticket number too. But still, the issue is that you have the Gold Pass and your Partner requires extra help they didn't get the combination someone with a Gold Pass required extra help.  

As I have suggested in the other thread (and Ray above me too), simply get the Wristband for extra help from the hall at Queue hall opening and then go to the Gold Pass door.

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You're supposed to enter your ticket number when you apply for extra help. I really can't remember if you are supposed to enter the carer's ticket number too. But still, the issue is that you have the Gold Pass and your Partner requires extra help they didn't get the combination someone with a Gold Pass required extra help.  

Carers don't have a ticket number though unless I've messed up? You get one free carer entry and there is no option for this on the ticket page so I assumed they just showed up with you and were issued a wristband once you provided your proof.

2 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Carers don't have a ticket number though unless I've messed up? You get one free carer entry and there is no option for this on the ticket page so I assumed they just showed up with you and were issued a wristband once you provided your proof.

no carers don't have a ticket number, it's all done on your order number.

You can have a ticket number and be a carer. I am attending with my partner who is disabled and I’ll get to be her carer for the weekend (again much to her amusement). It just means that if your carer does not have a ticket he/she cannot engage in any activities at all. Cannot Q for autographs of their own for example.

33 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

You can have a ticket number and be a carer. I am attending with my partner who is disabled and I’ll get to be her carer for the weekend (again much to her amusement). It just means that if your carer does not have a ticket he/she cannot engage in any activities at all. Cannot Q for autographs of their own for example.

I’ve seen people who get in as a Cerer (and rightly so because they are a Carer) and have a “free” ticket. That Carer then enjoys the Convention as much as the person they are there with. I wasn’t aware that a Carer who gets a “free” ticket is unable to “enjoy” the Con in the same way and I’m not sure anyone else is aware of this? I’ve never got a Carer Ticket free because the person I attend with also needs the Extra Help so they get their own tickets and Wrist Bands. However, this year I’ve asked a friend who was already going (already had a ticket) to be my Carer because my health has got worse sadly. 

Thank you for the information though because at least I’m aware of this for the future :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

@Queen_Sindel do you know if those with the assistance passes are still being allowed into the venue a few minutes early? Just thinking about the fact that we have to get virtual queue tickets this year and looking at the floor plan wondering how to make the whole thing work.

Exactly what i was wondering and going to ask.  Especially as not able to collect the assistance bands Thursday.

I think it's a bit unfair others get the option of collecting their passes Thursday but we have to wait until Friday to get our Extra Help bands before our Diamond Passes as can't do both days.

This means we're getting further back in the que even if turn up early.

• Like 1