More guests?

I'm guessing with the date coming up fast we wont be getting anymore guests announced. I know it's said they could be announced right up to the day but I'm a little dissapointed this year with showmasters. They do an amazing job normally but i wrote in both through email and on the guest suggestion page to say I had been in direct contact with certain people and they were available to come to the con?

But nothing come of it? I'm not having a go i guess i am just frustrated with trying to help. Especially when it is people who i would like to meet and said they were willing too!

Edited by Athosgirl
  • Like 1

1. Guests can be announced at any time, as you've said, up to the event itself, @Athosgirl.

2. SM can't comment on negotiations unfortunately.

3. You'd want to removed the mention of the other event there, Athos, as it's against the forum rules to mention other events. :smile:

(P.S. Sorry if I come across strict or anything there. Was the best was to structure that wee bit. :smile:)

11 minutes ago, Athosgirl said:

I took it out. Sorry I didn't mean to break any rules just felt a bit frustrated by the whole thing. Hopefuly they will announce some new ones soon :/

Don't worry about it. Happens to the best of us. :smile:

With respect Athos, just because people contact guests themselves and tell the organisers they are available and want to come doesn't mean anything.  It doesn't mean they will book them.  There's a lot to guest booking that we simply don't know about.  Maybe the prospective guest is asking too much, maybe the organisers don't consider them enough of a draw, maybe there's even a reason they don't want them there.

I don't mean this to seem harsh as I really don't mean it.  I'm only writing this as you said you are frustrated.  Sometimes I see people tell organisers that certain guests want to come like that makes it a shoo in.  It's not.  If an attendee has details of a guest then by all means pass it on but other than that it's best to forget it and stay out of it unless you are acting as a booking agent for them.  If they want to contact the guest they will, but you should consider that it's most likely that they won't as statistically that's what's going to happen.