How did everyones day go?

leoric

So how did everyones day go today? Just wondering what everyone thought. I always have good day at showmasters conventions however i did feel this was heavily geared towards cosplay. There was as many cosplay guests as film guests and the talks where mostly cosplay. I didnt think there where enough guest only 5 lowest iv seen in any showmasters convention. That being said guests that where there where great, liked the stalls that where there and enjoyed the photo shoots. Cant wait to next showmasters event.

• Like 1

I had a great day today at Belfast Film and Comic Con, I always enjoy Showmasters conventions as well.  5 guests is the lowest I've seen at a Showmasters too, all the same I thought the guests were great as well as the Cosplay guests.  I liked the stalls where there, plenty to buy.  I can't wait for Showmasters to come back to Belfast again.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I'm mostly in 2 minds about it yesterday, as I did manage to have a good day, which is the main part. Met Chloe Annett who was lovely! Had a discussion about photography (she noticed the canon 1200D I was lugging around) and about what to actually do with the photos when we actually take them. Took part in the auction and got the 2 autographs (below) which I'm really please with and the quiz (our knowledge with Buffy is nil. :lol:) Managed to get recognised by fastandloud (Great to meet ya! :smile:) as well as the crew when we went to get our auction items thanks to answering on the Belfast Facebook page (and got threatened with doing crew as well! :lol:)

At the same time though, there's a nag in the back of my mind about the overall con. Most of the hall wasn't being used. There was about 30 stalls in the middle of the hall and the entrance was empty but for the Bumblebee Camaro. I know it can't be helped if the businesses don't book to come to the event, but it felt under utilised. Also, I don't like to do it, but I kinda echo the quantity (not quality, I've said before I don't care about who attends) was low at the Belfast event, but as I said, I got to meet Chloe Annett and had a lovely chat with her. :smile: (I'm sorry, mods/SM, if this last bit comes across wrong or anything. It's really not meant to, just wanted to keep it balanced)

All in all, it was a good day and I hope it goes back to how big it has been in years past if SM decide to come back next year.

Is SM Auction autosSM Auction autos

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

At the same time though, there's a nag in the back of my mind about the overall con. 

It seems to me from what was said before the con that the fine people of Belfast need to prove that there is a desire for cons beyond the Bleming family. If this small scale event was well supported and SM made some money from it, then I'm sure next year will be a bit bigger. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, natedammit said:

It seems to me from what was said before the con that the fine people of Belfast need to prove that there is a desire for cons beyond the Bleming family. If this small scale event was well supported and SM made some money from it, then I'm sure next year will be a bit bigger. 

Indeed. SM mentioned the other day on FB sales are going in the right direction, so looks like a nod in the right direction.

Had a quiet but good day overall on Saturday. Guest wise not really for me (this time) but I picked up a few nice items at the stalls and at the auction. Cosplayers at the event were cool.@wjbleming it was great to meet a fellow forum member. Belfast has such great potential I'd hate for it to be dropped ☹

Edited by fastandloud
Typo