Latest Guest Announcement - ADRIAN EDMONDSON

showmasters

• 3 weeks later...
  • RoadRunner unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I really wanted to go and meet Adrian last weekend, but I haven't been feeling well. I hope he will do some more convention appearances. What was he like when people met him?. I love "The Young Ones", "Bottom", "Guest House Paradiso", and also "Drop Dead Fred" that Rik Mayall was in. I wish  I could have met Rik too.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

I really wanted to go and meet Adrian last weekend, but I haven't been feeling well. I hope he will do some more convention appearances. What was he like when people met him?. I love "The Young Ones", "Bottom", "Guest House Paradiso", and also "Drop Dead Fred" that Rik Mayall was in. I wish  I could have met Rik too.

I didn't get his auto, but he was a lot of fun in the photoshoot, more than happy to kick people up the bum if requested. 

Edited by natedammit
  • Like 1

He's a great guest. Had time to tell me he's working on a play with Nigel Planer, but not much else, there was a lot of people to get through though. Did some excellent poses in the photo shoots too.

He also posed for a photo at the desk for a girl in front of me who had a Vyvian tattoo on her leg!

• Like 1

On 04/06/2018 at 1:33 PM, andrewrolar said:

Sadly by time I got his auto,  it was end of day and they  were rushing people through with no time for anything other than a hello , thank you and a how are you. Didn't even allow personalisations :(

I was in the same boat, got turned away as I didn't have a ticket so hung around for an hour or so to finally get to see him with a small amount of people behind me and you'd have thought he was paying 25 quid  to meet me to be honest.

My experience with Ade was that he started to sign in black pen before I had chance to request if it could be signed in bronze sharpie, however he did say the photo he was signing did look better in black ink of the ones he'd signed... I asked for a quick photo (of him, not with) but he said I should have taken that earlier (presumably whilst I was having said chat about requesting the ink colour...) 

I did manage to get a quick photo (as he was about to sign the next person's photo in silver pen) and seeing as I was still stood there still having my turn (and didn't want things to end on a sour note) I took the opportunity to shake his hand and told him I thought he was brilliant in the Young ones and Bottom amongst other things, which he certainly was.

I've been a fan of those shows for 20 years and its nice to read of peoples good experiences with him, I just left feeling a bit deflated by the whole experience. I met Danny John Jules in April and found him to be the complete opposite, engaging and friendly and from what I saw, the last person in the queue was as important as the first and his line was just as long as Ade's. 

I must add however  that the signature (In black ink, not bronze) is very well written...