Countdown Thread

1 minute ago, Nerd Who said:

Just (finally) booked my flight to London ^_^ Still a couple of train tickets to sort out, but I’m almost done. Little over two months left, bring it on! :D

I am staying overnight at a hotel at the Stockholm airport as my flight leaves early. Nice steady hotel brekkie then close my eyes the whole flight. :P

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Just (finally) booked my flight to London ^_^ Still a couple of train tickets to sort out, but I’m almost done. Little over two months left, bring it on! :D

Awesome! :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

I am staying overnight at a hotel at the Stockholm airport as my flight leaves early. Nice steady hotel brekkie then close my eyes the whole flight. :P

Luckily both my outward and return flights are in the afternoon, I hate getting up early in the morning - unless it’s strictly necessary for conventions :P Also I usually can’t sleep on the plane because I struggle with ear pain unless I chew on something the whole time :(

Anyway staying at a hotel before your morning flight is a nice idea, must feel like starting your holiday a day early :D

Edited by Nerd Who

27 minutes ago, Nerd Who said:

Luckily both my outward and return flights are in the afternoon, I hate getting up early in the morning - unless it’s strictly necessary for conventions :P Also I usually can’t sleep on the plane because I struggle with ear pain unless I chew on something the whole time :(

Anyway staying at a hotel before your morning flight is a nice idea, must feel like starting your holiday a day early :D

True, it does. I look forward to the packing. Already got some ideas to wear at lfcc, themed print in connection with some of the guests I am meeting. 

18 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who I get that ear pain as well it’s very annoying although I only get it when the planes descending, I hate that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when a plane is descending as well :wacko:

Oh, I love flying. Even long ones. It can get abit boring sometimes but these days I bring my own choice of movies or series with me to watch. But not on the flights to the uk, too short flights..then music is perfect company.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

@Nerd Who I get that ear pain as well it’s very annoying although I only get it when the planes descending, I hate that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when a plane is descending as well :wacko:

Yeah the ear pain strikes when the plane is descending, but I find that when your ears start aching it’s too late to do anything about it. If I fall asleep, the pain will then wake me up and I’ll have a terrible 20 minutes before landing :WINCE: So I usually eat or chew something throughout the flight to get my ears ready so that when the plane starts descending I don’t get any pain at all. Airplane food is not always the best on low cost flights but I don’t mind it :lol:

40 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Oh, I love flying. Even long ones. It can get abit boring sometimes but these days I bring my own choice of movies or series with me to watch. But not on the flights to the uk, too short flights..then music is perfect company.

I absolutely adore flying as well! I love looking outside the window, the view never gets boring and I always take tons of pictures :D Never been on a flight longer than 3 hours, though.

4 hours ago, Nerd Who said:

I absolutely adore flying as well! I love looking outside the window, the view never gets boring and I always take tons of pictures :D Never been on a flight longer than 3 hours, though.

The longest nonstop I have done was 13 hours.. Frankfurt to Singapore..there waiting for two hours to get on a 10 hours flight to Sydney. :rolleyes: I saw 7 movies and a number of episodes of GoT, and slept for a while. :lol:  For me it takes roughly two and a half hours to fly to London (Heathrow).

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

The longest flight I’ve done is 12 and a half hours I think, on the flight of my most recent holiday a few weeks ago I think I must have watched Paddington 2 a couple of times because of a certain *cough* Scottish *cough* actor *cough* :wub:

• Like 1