Countdown Thread

3 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

The longest nonstop I have done was 13 hours.. Frankfurt to Singapore

48 minutes ago, R4wly97 said:

The longest flight I’ve done is 12 and a half hours I think

Ha, Heathrow to Buenos Aires, 13hr 50. I win. What do I win?

23 minutes ago, natedammit said:

Ha, Heathrow to Buenos Aires, 13hr 50. I win. What do I win?

Did you fly additional 10 hours straight after?.. and two hours prior.. I win 

Edited by Chris1970

1 hour ago, R4wly97 said:

The longest flight I’ve done is 12 and a half hours I think, on the flight of my most recent holiday a few weeks ago I think I must have watched Paddington 2 a couple of times because of a certain *cough* Scottish *cough* actor *cough* :wub:

Aa.. Tom Conti, half scottish and half italian. Great actor! ^_^

20 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Did you fly additional 10 hours straight after?.. and two hours prior.. I win 

I got you beat:

Cairns to Sydney - 3 hours; night spent on floor of Sydney airport as flight cancelled due to a thunderstorm; Sydney to Hong Kong - 10 hours; hang around Hong Kong airport - 8 hours; Hong Kong to Heathrow - 13 hours.

I win.

Just now, natedammit said:

I got you beat:

Cairns to Sydney - 3 hours; night spent on floor of Sydney airport as flight cancelled due to a thunderstorm; Sydney to Hong Kong - 10 hours; hang around Hong Kong airport - 8 hours; Hong Kong to Heathrow - 13 hours.

I win.

Auckland to Sydney 6 hours, wait 12 hours at Sydney airport, Sydney to Singapore 10 hours, wait 8 hours at Singapore airport, 13 hours to München airport, wait there 5 hours then 3 hours up to Stockholm. And we should not talk about my flight from Melbourne by Singapore, Sharjah, Paris, Copenhagen to Stockholm..,:huh:

1 minute ago, Chris1970 said:

Auckland to Sydney 6 hours, wait 12 hours at Sydney airport, Sydney to Singapore 10 hours, wait 8 hours at Singapore airport, 13 hours to München airport, wait there 5 hours then 3 hours up to Stockholm. And we should not talk about my flight from Melbourne by Singapore, Sharjah, Paris, Copenhagen to Stockholm..,:huh:

That sounds complicated.. :huh:

My longest flight was 4 hours, and that was 1 hour to long for me :WINCE: The flight to London is perfect lenght, you arrive before you even get to "are we there yet?" :lol:

20 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

That sounds complicated.. :huh:

My longest flight was 4 hours, and that was 1 hour to long for me :WINCE: The flight to London is perfect lenght, you arrive before you even get to "are we there yet?" :lol:

True.. after popping over to Australia/NZ a number times..anything 8 hours and less feels that seating is pointless. :lol:

My longest trip home took more than 72 hours..exact I have no idea, it was when I went from Melbourne to Stockholm..late 90's. It included an emergency landing so not so really fond of talking about it..

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

True.. after popping over to Australia/NZ a number times..anything 8 hours and less feels that seating is pointless. :lol:

My longest trip home took more than 72 hours..exact I have no idea, it was when I went from Melbourne to Stockholm..late 90's. It included an emergency landing so not so really fond of talking about it..

Look there's Natalie!

[Natalie gif]

Did that take your mind of it? ^_^