Countdown Thread

4 minutes ago, collectorbob said:

I made it to the semi finals, scored ten centuries and lost in the semi finals by 1 pt. I also got the highest ever debut score alongside two others. There were some clips on YouTube but they may have been removed. I have pics from my time on countdown. I'll see if I can find some video. Had a fabulous experience. 

DO YOU HAVE A TEAPOT?

23 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Numbers aye? Well there have been plenty of good numbers games on countdown over the years. Here is one of my favourites:

He did not need to go up that high XD I actually did this one (I never do them, I was quite shocked). Once you've got 1876 just divide by 2 then add (100÷50). It's exactly what he did but without needing to go up to 93,000! 

5 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

He did not need to go up that high XD I actually did this one (I never do them, I was quite shocked). Once you've got 1876 just divide by 2 then add (100÷50). It's exactly what he did but without needing to go up to 93,000! 

Yeah, but he's showing off!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

You need to give us more numbers than that if your trying to get us to play a game of countdown! Is that the number we need to get to? In which case I'll take 4 form the top and 2 small ones please.

You don't need the small ones, just do it using the big numbers.

2 minutes ago, collectorbob said:

99 using just the big numbers? okey dokey folks - 100 75 50 25                        75-50=25, 100-1(25/25)=99 

I did it slightly differently:

*Slides piece of paper across*

100 - (75/(50+25))

I only ever did 4 lg once, and always 1 lg for the rest because 4 lg on the show under pressure was a bit woah man lol - here was the puzzle :

100 75 50 25 1 10 @ 254

I actually play Countdown/Scrabble as a hobby in my spare time - especially Countdown - been a loyal servant to the show for years.